Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

God thats terrible. When it was first banned i was bit annoyed cos Jack3d was a great supplement and the new Jack3d Micro aint a patch on it (prob cos no DMAA)

But i think the authorities have got this one right. Sometimes we need protecting from ourselves

Jack3d Micro is billed as a completely different product by the way. It's much less stimulant based. They've taken the creatine, AAKG, DMAA and beta-alanine out of micro and added other ingredients. I think they're also bringing out / have brought out in the US, Jack3d just without the DMAA.

Hope this helps,
    Oisín

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

"We need protecting from ourselves"

Genuine ****ing lol! Do you really think the reason they banned it is because it is dangerous ? Haha!

Genuine ****ing lol! Do you really think the reason they banned it is because it is dangerous ? Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

john_cappa wrote: »

not really sure whats so funny about it? the 'real' reason it was banned is......??

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Any body have an idea how much Beta Alaine was in a scoop of Jack3D?

I started taking BA this week, on Monday, I've had a prickly heat type dots on my body since then.
    However, I don't want to jump to the conclusion that its caused by the BA because (A) I've had jacked before with no issues, and (B) I think the rash was beginning to present itself on Monday before I took my first dose of BA (c.2g in water)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Mellor wrote: »
    Any body have an idea how much Beta Alaine was in a scoop of Jack3D?

I started taking BA this week, on Monday, I've had a prickly heat type dots on my body since then.
    However, I don't want to jump to the conclusion that its caused by the BA because (A) I've had jacked before with no issues, and (B) I think the rash was beginning to present itself on Monday before I took my first dose of BA (c.2g in water)

Im thinking there was about 1g in jacked,i have tried threshold from ON that had about 1.6 grams per serving,when i doubled the serving i felt super tingly.
    Only learned from Hanleys posts that beta alanines time of effectiveness is similar to creatine.But me being me i couldn't be arsed with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

So i'm just wondering, how would one know if they are retaining water as a result of taking creatine?

Also is water retention a big part of what makes creatine work?

Cheers

P.S My order arrive today from Bulkpowders, they are genuinely amazing with value and service couldn't recommend them highly enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

water retention is seen as a side effect from loading creatine. You should notice it if you are retaining water. it's not really a big deal.

Zombienosh wrote: »
    water retention is seen as a side effect from loading creatine. You should notice it if you are retaining water. it's not really a big deal.

I've not loaded up on creatine...I take 5g a day and have since I've started back training since January 4th.

I was just reading a lot about creatine causing water retention, as I'm currently trying to cut weight if I was to be retaining water it would distort my actual progress in terms of my weigh in's

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

drdeadlift wrote: »

Im thinking there was about 1g in jacked,i have tried threshold from ON that had about 1.6 grams per serving,when i doubled the serving i felt super tingly.
    Only learned from Hanleys posts that beta alanines time of effectiveness is similar to creatine.But me being me i couldn't be arsed with it.
    I get the pins and needles, same as I did with Jack3d. The red dots are new though, as I said I'm pretty sure they were starting before the first dose so don't think it's the BA.

I knew that BA was based on accumulation like creatine, I read what Lyle Mc Donald had to say about it before I decided to give it a shot. He reckons the studies look promising but they used a very awkward dosing - 4 x .8g per day.

I've not loaded up on creatine...I take 5g a day and have since I've started back training since January 4th.

I was just reading a lot about creatine causing water retention, as I'm currently trying to cut weight if I was to be retaining water it would distort my actual progress in terms of my weigh in's
    Creatine works by accumulation in the body. After 5g/day for 4 weeks you've probably reached saturation point which is what I think he meant by loaded.

As for water retention and weigh ins. If its a weigh in for a combat sport, taking creatine before hand is a bad idea imo.
    If its just for fat loss, I don't think it will affect progress.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    I get the pins and needles, same as I did with Jack3d. The red dots are new though, as I said I'm pretty sure they were starting before the first dose so don't think it's the BA.

I knew that BA was based on accumulation like creatine, I read what Lyle Mc Donald had to say about it before I decided to give it a shot. He reckons the studies look promising but they used a very awkward dosing - 4 x .8g per day.

Creatine works by accumulation in the body. After 5g/day for 4 weeks you've probably reached saturation point which is what I think he meant by loaded.

As for water retention and weigh ins. If its a weigh in for a combat sport, taking creatine before hand is a bad idea imo.
    If its just for fat loss, I don't think it will affect progress.

For fat lose mate, didn't seem to lose anything on the scales this week, but have been under my cals and eating very well(macro's aren't very strict:(), just would have liked to see something on the scales

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭cobijones

Has anyone ever bought from proteinsdepot.ie , cant find any reviews. Any good/bad experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Never used them but they are reliable.

Based in Cookstwon and the company behind it is a sports supplement shop in Cookstown and the owner/manager of the shop also owns/runs a pharmacy in the town.

IIRC they have been doing supplements for 10 years or more at this stage.

not really sure whats so funny about it? the 'real' reason it was banned is......??

Apologies if my post was a sarcastic. Not really needed on my part.

Well in my opinion there are many reasons that it was banned and it being dangerous is very little to do with it.

Firstly- Media pressure against these dangerous "steroids". Basically it was linked to a couple of deaths and yes may have played a part. That said their is warnings on the tub. These two retards ...I mean WTF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6jZ_01nxs8

Hell if you have a heart condition vodka and redbull can kill you! Can we ban that or is the lobby group too powerful. Look at it another way how many people do drink/cigarettes kill per year? why not protect us from ourselves in regards to them? oh yeah again powerful lobby groups+high tax take+potential widescale revolt means no ban!

How many people die each year from painkillers/aspirin

("Conservative calculations estimate that approximately 107,000 patients are hospitalized annually for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)-related gastrointestinal (GI) complications and at least 16,500 NSAID-related deaths occur each year among arthritis patients alone." (Singh Gurkirpal, MD, “Recent Considerations in Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug Gastropathy”, The American Journal of Medicine, July 27, 1998, p. 31S

at least 16500 deaths each year from taking a NSAID (nurofen for example is a NSAID) amongst arthritis patients alone!! Damn!! and DMAA is dangerous!!

Secondly the olympics last year! Banning DMAA and other pointless supps like milk thistle etc is paying lip service to the notion that their are trying to combat "cheating". lol

Thirdly: pressure from big pharma companies! Many companies (some advertising on TV lately for example) have and are developing patented fat burners and other **** that the average person will pay an arm and a leg for to avoid the actual leg work in loosing weight. Pharma companes work very hard to get products banned that haven't gone though "their system"

etc etc etc!

All IMO

So i'm just wondering, how would one know if they are retaining water as a result of taking creatine?

Also is water retention a big part of what makes creatine work?

Cheers

P.S My order arrive today from Bulkpowders, they are genuinely amazing with value and service couldn't recommend them highly enough

Water retention is over exaggerated as a side effect IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

These two retards ...I mean WTF

Sorry to butt in but just had to get it off my chest that those two idiots really annoy me! There was a chap on this forum going about mouthing off in their manner a while back! I really hope nobody with even a slight bit of sense listens to that pair for advice!

Sorry again... rant over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Sorry to butt in but just had to get it off my chest that those two idiots really annoy me! There was a chap on this forum going about mouthing off in they're manner a while back! I really hope nobody with even a slight bit of sense listens to that pair for advice!

Sorry again... rant over!

I only have time for Jason Genova :pac:

image.png

I only have time for Jason Genova :pac:

AKA Dark Lord Spaniard, The Man. The Myth. The Legend haha!

Big Rick isn't a fan :D

Apologies if my post was a sarcastic. Not really needed on my part.

Well in my opinion there are many reasons that it was banned and it being dangerous is very little to do with it.

Firstly- Media pressure against these dangerous "steroids". Basically it was linked to a couple of deaths and yes may have played a part. That said their is warnings on the tub. These two retards ...I mean WTF

Hell if you have a heart condition vodka and redbull can kill you! Can we ban that or is the lobby group too powerful. Look at it another way how many people do drink/cigarettes kill per year? why not protect us from ourselves in regards to them? oh yeah again powerful lobby groups+high tax take+potential widescale revolt means no ban!

How many people die each year from painkillers/aspirin

("Conservative calculations estimate that approximately 107,000 patients are hospitalized annually for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)-related gastrointestinal (GI) complications and at least 16,500 NSAID-related deaths occur each year among arthritis patients alone." (Singh Gurkirpal, MD, “Recent Considerations in Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug Gastropathy”, The American Journal of Medicine, July 27, 1998, p. 31S

at least 16500 deaths each year from taking a NSAID (nurofen for example is a NSAID) amongst arthritis patients alone!! Damn!! and DMAA is dangerous!!

Secondly the olympics last year! Banning DMAA and other pointless supps like milk thistle etc is paying lip service to the notion that their are trying to combat "cheating". lol

Thirdly: pressure from big pharma companies! Many companies (some advertising on TV lately for example) have and are developing patented fat burners and other **** that the average person will pay an arm and a leg for to avoid the actual leg work in loosing weight. Pharma companes work very hard to get products banned that haven't gone though "their system"

etc etc etc!

All IMO

MIlk Thistle banned?

Why? Does it not just detox the liver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Guess you have to go to your doctor to get it now,ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

MIlk Thistle banned?

Why? Does it not just detox the liver?

Its not banned. It just requires a license to sell it now. The cost of the license makes it not worth selling. This all applies applies to UK.

Its not banned. It just requires a license to sell it now. The cost of the license makes it not worth selling. This all applies applies to UK.

Oh right cheers for that.

Quiet one on Casein Protein. I just got a rake of free casein and was wondering whats the best way to take it...See I take ZMA's so its hardly possible to take it at bedtime is it?

Oh right cheers for that.

Quiet one on Casein Protein. I just got a rake of free casein and was wondering whats the best way to take it...See I take ZMA's so its hardly possible to take it at bedtime is it?

Its generally only taken at bedtime, the point being you get a slow release of protein throughout the night! I usually mix mine with milk in a blender!

Casein is just protein. Can be taken at any time.

Milk thistle is effectively banned ( slight exaggeration on my part).

Its generally only taken at bedtime, the point being you get a slow release of protein throughout the night! I usually mix mine with milk in a blender!

So there is noway to take ZMA's and Casein in that case

Casein is just protein. Can be taken at any time.

True, but you're not going to take it right before or straight after you train when you need a fast absorbing protein are you? I also like a shake first thing in the morning to get my metabolism going and a fast acting protein like whey isolate is ideal! I only take casein at night but obviously you could take it whenever you felt like it but you could say that about anything?

Not sure what you are asking, you can take casein any time ( it is popular pre bed but can be used anytime).

Zma pre bed if used to aid sleep.

True, but you're not going to take it right before or straight after you train when you need a fast absorbing protein are you? I also like a shake first thing in the morning to get my metabolism going and a fast acting protein like whey isolate is ideal! I only take casein at night but obviously you could take it whenever you felt like it but you could say that about anything?

Meh! Would happily use after training. By the time I train I have had a protein shake, maybe 3 eggs, sardines, 300 g of meat etc. by the time pwo comes here is plenty of protein in my system.

You ain't gonna go catabolic if you skip your pwo shake (never have one) but have a meal with in 2 hours. There should be plenty of protein in your system already .

Not sure what you are asking, you can take casein any time ( it is popular pre bed but can be used anytime).

I wasn't asking anything, i was saying exactly that! Obviously it can be taken any time, as can any supplement really but it usually taken before bed!

The Op asked what was the best way to take it, i simply said before bed and that i mixed mine with milk?

Edit: I just realised that post was aimed at the OP, sorry!

• Advertisement

ZMA's should be taken away from calcium, protein has calcium

Advertisement