Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Jerseys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

The spots ruin it

Lapin wrote: »

Another gander of the jersey without the ugly models. ;)

Ha ha Id imagine alot of the women would disagree with you with regards to Michael Meehan anyway

Mars Bar wrote: »
    That picture shows that a having a bit of a tubby belly doesn't look so great with that jersey!

To paraphrase Babs Keating, 'Tony Óg must have put a bit too much butter on the spuds over Christmas' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

To paraphrase Babs Keating, 'Tony Óg must have put a bit too much butter on the spuds over Christmas' :)

Meehan looks pretty buff but the footballers have been training hard for a good while now. Hurlers are not long back after a long year so I'd say most of the hard conditioning work is still ahead of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

Lapin wrote: »
    A close up.

424490_10151374750425890_2144955280_n.jpg

Another gander of the jersey without the ugly models. ;)

542488_10151372733691941_1570405728_n.jpg

I don't like the spots.

555247_10151374703600890_1097471336_n.jpg

Blockbusters jersey.

Both Galway and Down have had a fair few changes in jersies over recent years. A change in jersey nearly every two years now, if I am not mistaken!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cormac halpin

Connorzee wrote: »
    New down jersey

734323_420170304724685_771830221_n.jpg

Crap jersey in comparison to some classic Down kits in the recent and not so recent past, but credit for a smashing launch and the 2013 just pushes it over the edge. Well done. Shame on you O'Neills for that swoosh shít on the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Lads quick question, is the rule still in place that only Irish based sprts companies can make jerseys for the GAA. I was sure there was a rule that was relaxed at the time that Gaelic Gear and Azzuri started making county jerseys.

Just wondering what sort of job Nike or Adidas would do on some county jerseys and why none of them had a go.

the kelt wrote: »
    Lads quick question, is the rule still in place that only Irish based sprts companies can make jerseys for the GAA. I was sure there was a rule that was relaxed at the time that Gaelic Gear and Azzuri started making county jerseys.

Just wondering what sort of job Nike or Adidas would do on some county jerseys and why none of them had a go.
    Adidas have in the past, through a loophole which has since been closed.

All kits have to be manufactured in Ireland, so without Nike and Adidas manufacturing plants in Ireland, they're not allowed.

026063.jpg
    023831.jpg

Adidas have in the past, through a loophole which has since been closed.

All kits have to be manufactured in Ireland, so without Nike and Adidas manufacturing plants in Ireland, they're not allowed.

026063.jpg
    023831.jpg

That was it, i was going to say about addidas and Kerry then i wasnt sure as i just for some reason remembered addidas kerry polo tops.

Its a bit crazy in 2013, it seems to be me a lot of the time O Neills basically know they have a monopoly and dont really bother putting any thought into County jerseys. A bit of competition might be no harm and having bought a couple of Gaelic Gear Wexford jerseys over the years i can tell ye there really isnt much competition

That was it, i was going to say about addidas and Kerry then i wasnt sure as i just for some reason remembered addidas kerry polo tops.

Its a bit crazy in 2013, it seems to be me a lot of the time O Neills basically know they have a monopoly and dont really bother putting any thought into County jerseys. A bit of competition might be no harm and having bought a couple of Gaelic Gear Wexford jerseys over the years i can tell ye there really isnt much competition
    Azzurri and Gaelic Gear are scrap, bring out a decent product, Clubs will buy it, take a hit for a few years, get a foothold, but thats how monopolies work I guess. Speaking as someone with experience, I wouldnt buy from anyone other than O Neills due to the sheer poor quality elsewhere.

• Advertisement

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    The spots ruin it

The Hexagons seem to be a new O'Neills thing. They are on the Dublin jersey also which looks the same template as Galway new shirt.

It will be all shadow stripes from here on in with O'Neills id say

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

List of approved kit suppliers can be found here:
    http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/approved-suppliers/

Worth noting that the companies mentioned there are the only companies allowed to use the GAA mark on kit, etc. You'll see some clubs using other suppliers for t-shirts, kitbags, etc but without the GAA 'mark' (I'd call it a logo myself, but that's neither here nor there)

I'm assuming the GAA copyrighted 'modern' county crests fall under the same rules, even though its not explicitly stated on that page ... Otherwise I'd have expected at least a couple of counties would have sourced some team/leisure wear from one of the bigger international suppliers by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Gaelic Gear went bust in 2010. IMO Masita and Azzurri are just as good as O'Neills.

Gaelic Gear went bust in 2010. IMO Masita and Azzurri are just as good as O'Neills.
    I vehemently disagree with your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

Cork to wear a one-off logo on Saturday night, details in tomorrow's Examiner

Cork to wear a one-off logo on Saturday night, details in tomorrow's Examiner

Its surprising Cork havent got a sponsor yet, i know they got serious money from O2, is it a case they are only willing to accept a sponsor willing to pay the sort of money O2 were paying?

Its surprising Cork havent got a sponsor yet, i know they got serious money from O2, is it a case they are only willing to accept a sponsor willing to pay the sort of money O2 were paying?
    You would imagine so. Given their size, scope, and success across the codes, you would imagine they would be second only to Dublin in the Country and therefore would view themselves in the Vodafone bracket. I believe Hyundai are in the mix and possibly Toyota.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/rebels-mercy-support-221169.html

The Cork jerseys will bear the slogan ‘Testicular Cancer Appeal’ in Saturday's Allianz Football League opener against Dublin at Croke Park.

Thumbs up surely.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/rebels-mercy-support-221169.html

The Cork jerseys will bear the slogan ‘Testicular Cancer Appeal’ in Saturday's Allianz Football League opener against Dublin at Croke Park.

Thumbs up surely.
    I think thats more of a prostate test rather than a testicular test.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

A Team maybe saving lives but dont let that get in the way of a bitter bitter post.

Well done.:rolleyes:

A poster is clearly making this thing called a joke, you may have heard of it. Although possibly you may not be able to quite grasp humour from your lofty position upon your high horse. Also, i feel calling the joke - a play on medical terminology essentially 'bitter' a wee bit OTT, never mind 'bitter bitter'. Heaven forbid!

• Advertisement

full_irish wrote: »
    A poster is clearly making this thing called a joke, you may have heard of it. Although possibly you may not be able to quite grasp humour from your lofty position upon your high horse. Also, i feel calling the joke - a play on medical terminology essentially 'bitter' a wee bit OTT, never mind 'bitter bitter'. Heaven forbid!

lol oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

Hyundai are not, and never have been, in the mix

Hyundai are not, and never have been, in the mix

Are they any closer to getting sponsor? Shocked its taken so long being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

I vehemently disagree with your opinion.

Words that you will not see from me too often, but I am 100% with Cormac on this.

A Team maybe saving lives but dont let that get in the way of a bitter bitter post.

Well done.:rolleyes:
    How did you miss that so badly?
    Words that you will not see from me too often, but I am 100% with Cormac on this.
    See we can still be friends, you aul forker.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

A Team maybe saving lives but dont let that get in the way of a bitter bitter post. Well done.

How did you miss that so badly?

And I am beginning to feel faint at my stance, but I have to say Kew Tour, your reaction to Cormac's post there is way over the top.

And I am beginning to feel faint at my stance, but I have to say Kew Tour, your reaction to Cormac's post there is way over the top.

actually you are right I was OTT.

Cormac I apoligise. I read it actually different first time now look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Proposed new Offaly jersey from their county board meeting last night... a lot of opposition to it, it appears

BB3XzBACAAA68OF.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

Proposed new Offaly jersey from their county board meeting last night... a lot of opposition to it, it appears

I (H)am loving this jersey! ROFL-coptor!! :pac::cool::rolleyes::D;):p:eek:

• Advertisement

Being a bit of a traditionalist myself, while it doesn't look like the Offaly shirt we have all come to know the design isn't bad albeit even if it is modern.

Id imagine Wexford will change this year also

Advertisement