Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Jerseys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

I agree, but I do not think the font will be on all county jersies.

Not a bad jersey. Certainly not as plain and boring as some previous Kildare jersies. They should have put three black full stripes on both shoulder/sleeves.

Interesting to see O'Neills have a new number font
    EIRE1922 wrote: »
    I agree. but I do not think the font will be on all county jersies.

Not a bad jersey. Certainly not a plain and boring as some previous Kildare jersies. They should have put three black full stripes on both shoulder/sleeves.

I would say the new font is effective from shirts brought out in 2013 onwards. Your own county Cork will probably have the new font Denis

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

I actually think the Kildare Jersey looks well - its a bit more interesting that some previous iterations.

Nice one - can you do a meath one with a fertilizer bag and a bag of tayto :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Nice one - can you do a meath one with a fertilizer bag and a bag of tayto :D

LMFAO CLASSIC!!!!

All ill say is mr tayto.. Oh the shame lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cormac halpin

Classic and an improvement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Any update on whether Supermacs have agreed a deal for both Galway Footballers and Hurlers? thats the rumour, as cancer care west havent been renewed.

Classic and an improvement :D

An improvement?? You sir are so clever... Honestly I'm not exaggerating you are so clever :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Any word on who Cork's new sponsors are, did I hear it was to be Lucozade?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 darragh085

jossnjuice wrote: »
    Any update on whether Supermacs have agreed a deal for both Galway Footballers and Hurlers? thats the rumour, as cancer care west havent been renewed.

yes supermacs is the sponsor of both now. the thing that is delaying the new jersey now is the footballers and the hurlers cant agree on a crest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Sponsor looks terrible on that Kildare jersey

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Sponsor looks terrible on that Kildare jersey
    Agreed. And to think, some Dublin fans had the gall to give out about Vodafone's logo on their shirts, good grief.
    darragh085 wrote: »
    yes supermacs is the sponsor of both now. the thing that is delaying the new jersey now is the footballers and the hurlers cant agree on a crest.
    Sounds like quite a clusterfúck.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

think it was brought up before, but what is it with counties "revealing" their new jerseys via a crappy camera phone picture on twitter. Can they not do a proper press release and get good quality images for their jerseys out? Kildare just following in a line of counties who have already done this.

decent jersey, sponsor looks terrible on it though. But then who am I to talk with the horrible logo of sportsavers on the Wexford jersey!

bruschi wrote: »
    think it was brought up before, but what is it with counties "revealing" their new jerseys via a crappy camera phone picture on twitter. Can they not do a proper press release and get good quality images for their jerseys out? Kildare just following in a line of counties who have already done this.

decent jersey, sponsor looks terrible on it though. But then who am I to talk with the horrible logo of sportsavers on the Wexford jersey!
    Wasn't it Louth that tweeted a photo from a toilet? The GAA don't do PR very well. Any decent photographer would find a very good way of releasing a proper photo, its not that difficult really. Just another case of the GAA thinking small.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,857 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

bruschi wrote: »

Yeah, when Munster or Leinster have a new jersey, they will have a few star players wearing the, and a few models either side of them doing the same, in Thomond or the Aviva, and the whole thing will get an article on TV3 news (because they are in hock to PR people). To be fair, Waterford did exactly this a while back, and got slated for using models. How dare they try and actually sell the things, back to the jacks and iPhone with you Deise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

The past two Dublin jersey launches http://www.sportsfile.com/search/new-dublin-jersey-launch/

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/395834

Other counties should take note. Not a toilet or camera phone in sight.

TheTwiz wrote: »
    The past two Dublin jersey launches http://www.sportsfile.com/search/new-dublin-jersey-launch/

Other counties should take note. Not a jacks or camera phone in sight.

WHAT!! there is at least four jacks in that photo..........

I'll get my coat

Sorry, it's so hard to resist making a joke about the kind of people you would see wearing Dublin jerseys on the boardwalk down the quays...

But yeah, Dublin in most respects have their marketing act very well together. John Costello and Andy Kettle, and their whole team, should be given a role in how the GAA market themselves nationally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

Will it be free ham sandwiches at half-time for the players in the dressing room? :D

Safe to say Vodafone had a hand in both of these also though, but you're completely correct. Its just a simple thing and it shouldn't be that difficult.

Stay scrolling down through this link you posted, see how the other jersaey launches are marketed also, how backward does Kildare GAA's look after that?

Tipperary made a great effort of theirs to be fair

507576.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Floody_1987

Obviously the release of so called 'camera phone' pictures of new jerseys resonates from social media and people present at the launch sharing the new jersey in real time minus professional cameras etc and that is how the first look at new jerseys always now seems to be like this, The first image I seen on here of the new Dublin jersey was also taken from a smart phone if I remember correctly, I'm sure if we went back enough pages we'd see this!
    Kildare did indeed have local photographers present at the launch which can be seen from this picture here
    399011_10151929872797788_1721456057_n.jpg

I am pretty sure every county follows this way of doing it it just happens to be that people think that initial 'tweeted photos' are spread around social media.

This was one of the first photos released of the new dublin jersey

55034354.jpg
    hardly professional but as I said before it's adequate for initial releases on the social media medium

As did Waterford as mentioned by a previous poster,but again, is this the company or the County Board I wonder?

394057.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Floody_1987

I'd imagine the company has a big say too, Vodafone, Three, Skoda versus Brady Ham, far more resources behind them! Wasnt one of the stipulations with the Vodafone deal that Pat Gilroy held regular press conferences during the championship as well with Vodafone very visible in the background. They obviously have a massive say in marketing

As did Waterford as mentioned by a previous poster,but again, is this the company or the County Board I wonder?

394057.jpg

Yeah could be to do with who is running it. If you have a big phone company that's obviously more high profile than the local ham factory or creamery or whatever. But the county boards shouldn't need their sponsors to be doing the promotion for them. Surely the best way to attract sponsors in the first place would be to demonstrate what a great platform your team can give them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Agreed. And to think, some Dublin fans had the gall to give out about Vodafone's logo on their shirts, good grief.

At least Kildare are going with an indigenous Irish business rather than a big multinational like Vodafone. The GAA should be doing all they can in the current environment to promote indigenous rural industries where possible, in whatever way they can. The jersey doesn't look as good without Tegral on it but that's only a minor complaint. I'm delighted they have got a successful local firm on board in what hopefully will be a mutually positive partnership.

At least Kildare are going with an indigenous Irish business rather than a big multinational like Vodafone. The GAA should be doing all they can in the current environment to promote indigenous rural industries where possible, in whatever way they can. The jersey doesn't look as good without Tegral on it but that's only a minor complaint. I'm delighted they have got a successful local firm on board in what hopefully will be a mutually positive partnership.
    Are you saying Kildare would have turned down a multinational? Hardly...
    Yeah could be to do with who is running it. If you have a big phone company that's obviously more high profile than the local ham factory or creamery or whatever. But the county boards shouldn't need their sponsors to be doing the promotion for them. Surely the best way to attract sponsors in the first place would be to demonstrate what a great platform your team can give them.

Exactly. They shouldnt need the company to do it for them, they should take every opportunity to push their brand. Some forward thinking doesn't do astray in these instances. Sadly the GAA are rotten far behind in this thinking.

Are you saying Kildare would have turned down a multinational? Hardly...

No he obviously isn't.. Your reading into it the way uou want to read it..

• Advertisement

I think klairon makes a good point tbh Brady are a fine Irish company more luck to them and our footballers could be a great partnership.

Also I don't see how Brady logo looks that bad tbh...

Advertisement