Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Jerseys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,853 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Connorzee wrote: »
    I'm sure if Cork had released a jersey with no sponsor(like the leisurewear), maybe with a different design, in time for Christmas it would've been exclusive (only available for christmas) and would've been snapped up in no time. Missed opportunity.

Which would make the jersey sponsorship deal less attractive to any prospective sponsor, since the bulk of potential jersey sales would already have been realised before their name went on (not many gonna buy them both). On the other hand, plenty cribbing if they bought one jersey for their kid and that wasn't what the players are wearing in summer.

I fully agree in principle though, ridiculous for teams to wait so long to release their new jersey (when did the new KK one come out? Think it might have been in summer, at which stage they only have four championship games at the very most left in the year). I'd be wary of getting a jersey in December for Christmas that was that year's design, since for all I know it might be out of date come June. And that's not to mention the poor job they do of launching the bloody things.

They do a better job of launching often devastatingly boring autobiographies before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Yeah you make a good point, but even a training jersey would've been a good idea. Cork have taken the O2 off the hoodies, and tshirts and brought out a new design for the christmas market without the sponsor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

That's just since they switched to Azzurri in 2003/2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

fullstop wrote: »

Not on my machine, anybody else having this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,624 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Nope, goes back to 1991 for me.

• Advertisement

Hard to know whats causing that. Try clearing your cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Love the Rossie change jersey that snuck in. 'Twas only repaying the favour, we were forced to play in Galway jerseys (shudder) in a challenge match in 2000 against Donegal for the opening of Michael Glaveys' new stand (built around a tree, it should be noted) in Ballinlough.

Cork will be playing in their normal O2 jerseys in Sunday's McGrath Cup game against CIT, despite that deal having ended

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Cork will be playing in their normal O2 jerseys in Sunday's McGrath Cup game against CIT, despite that deal having ended

Thats very strange given that O Neills and Cork GAA had put out brand new leisure wear without the o2 logo on it - you would think that the county team would have a jersey without a sponsor on it

Thats very strange given that O Neills and Cork GAA had put out brand new leisure wear without the o2 logo on it - you would think that the county team would have a jersey without a sponsor on it

On that point...Do you think o2 could now be sponsoring Cork on a per-match basis in the interim?

Similar to the way Enfer took Tipp on for the rest of the Allianz league in 2011?

• Advertisement

Not on my machine, anybody else having this problem?

It's working now, although there's still one missing...between the mainly green Donegal Creameries and the orange with green sleeves Magee Tailored jerseys (2nd and 3rd on the line), there was a green with orange strip one with Magee Tailored on the front. It was worn in the early part of the 1992 championship and the first mainly orange one on that link replaced it in the All-Ireland semi-final against Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

It's working now, although there's still one missing...between the mainly green Donegal Creameries and the gold with green sleeves Magee Tailored jerseys (2nd and 3rd on the line), there was a green with gold strip one with Magee Tailored on the front. It was worn in the early part of the 1992 championship and the first mainly gold one on that link replaced it in the All-Ireland semi-final against Mayo.

Gold not orange.

You are right there though. Missing those sets of jersies.

Cork might be going back to Barry's Tea, will they so?

It's working now, although there's still one missing...between the mainly green Donegal Creameries and the orange with green sleeves Magee Tailored jerseys (2nd and 3rd on the line), there was a green with orange strip one with Magee Tailored on the front. It was worn in the early part of the 1992 championship and the first mainly orange one on that link replaced it in the All-Ireland semi-final against Mayo.

Was that in the two Cavan games so Fullstop? Because Donegal Creameries was definitely on the jerseys for the Ulster final: http://www.inpho.ie/media/ZVTmYhrRib7OJnCE_oKZUA..a?ts=GsbBjga9KRkq7Dpn_efYGU_MVzBcgfeDT4Q7WDTys3I.a

Was that in the two Cavan games so Fullstop? Because Donegal Creameries was definitely on the jerseys for the Ulster final: http://www.inpho.ie/media/ZVTmYhrRib7OJnCE_oKZUA..a?ts=GsbBjga9KRkq7Dpn_efYGU_MVzBcgfeDT4Q7WDTys3I.a

Hmm, you have me stumped now! Just looked on youtube at the cavan game and there was no sponsor on the jersey so maybe Donegal Creameries took it on temporarily and then Magee when they won Ulster. But I have the predominantly green jersey with Magee Tailored on the front, got it before the semi final and they never wore that design again :mad::P I'm pretty sure that jersey was worn before the semi though.

Hmm, you have me stumped now! Just looked on youtube at the cavan game and there was no sponsor on the jersey so maybe Donegal Creameries took it on temporarily and then Magee when they won Ulster. But I have the predominantly green jersey with Magee Tailored on the front, got it before the semi final and they never wore that design again :mad::P I'm pretty sure that jersey was worn before the semi though.

This is very interesting! Could it be that a deal was agreed with Magee and jerseys produced before it was known that Mayo had won Connacht and a change would be needed?

This is very interesting! Could it be that a deal was agreed with Magee and jerseys produced before it was known that Mayo had won Connacht and a change would be needed?

Actually just checked there, Donegal played Antrim in 93 so a good chance a green Magee jersey was worn

Actually just checked there, Donegal played Antrim in 93 so a good chance a green Magee jersey was worn

You're right, they did wear it against Antrim in '93, but that jersey was definitely out in '92. I wore it to the final and got it signed by the team after.

Must follow that one up so!

Here are the Longford jerseys since 1995, but as with Sligo, it's proving harder and harder to source older jerseys

New Kildare jersey... and dare i say it, but finally the Kildare jersey looks savage. No more plain white tshirt with a number!

BBKKDiyCIAExyLS.jpg:large

^^^^
    Interesting colours used. Bit of a scald though to those who forked out for a new jersey last year. Hopefully they use a 3 or 4 year cycle. Dont forget Kildare also have change colours so expect a Green change shirt out too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

New kildare jersey I see on twitter.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

New Kildare jersey... and dare i say it, but finally the Kildare jersey looks savage. No more plain white tshirt with a number!
    When was it ever a plain white shirt with just a number in the last 20 years? :confused:

When was it ever a plain white shirt with just a number in the last 20 years? :confused:

H2004.jpg

Apologies... it had a GAA logo, a crest, and a sponsor too on the tshirt...

H2004.jpg

Apologies... it had a GAA logo, a crest, and a sponsor too on the tshirt...
    There you go then, it wasn't plain. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

There you go then, it wasn't plain. :rolleyes:

Nobody said they were blank. That jersey, to be fair, is as plain as they come.

The new one is nice, be thankful.

Nobody said they were blank. That jersey, to be fair, is as plain as they come.

The new one is nice, be thankful.
    Eh, your man 2 posts above you said they were "a plain tshirt with just a number".

Agree, it is a nice jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

BBKKDiyCIAExyLS.jpg:large

There's an easy sale for oneills cannot wait to get mine

CILL DARA ABÚ

Eh, your man 2 posts above you said they were "a plain tshirt with just a number".

Agree, it is a nice jersey.

Grow up a small bit fella... You know what i meant. Dont be so sensitive. :rolleyes: Jersey was plain, now it's not, end of story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cormac halpin

Mod snip. Off topic

• Advertisement

Interesting to see O'Neills have a new number font

Advertisement