Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Jerseys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Are you saying Kildare would have turned down a multinational? Hardly...

You got that from my post? :rolleyes:

I don't think the logo suits the lilywhite jersey but it's only a small thing. I'm glad the company are coming on board for all aspects of Kildare GAA. I was sure that we would only get a major sponsor for the senior footballers and that the hurlers, underage & ladies teams would have to scrap to get smaller deals. It shows a proper commitment on Bradys' behalf to Kildare GAA that they supporting all the teams who represent the county rather than only committing to the one team that get the vast majority of the publicity. I've heard that there were other parties interested but that they were only willing to sponsor the senior footballers. There were a few seasons recently where Tegral were only in a position to sponsor the footballers and the hurlers pretty much had to fend for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cormac halpin

You got that from my post? :rolleyes:

I don't think the logo suits the lilywhite jersey but it's only a small thing. I'm glad the company are coming on board for all aspects of Kildare GAA. I was sure that we would only get a major sponsor for the senior footballers and that the hurlers, underage & ladies teams would have to scrap to get smaller deals. It shows a proper commitment on Bradys' behalf to Kildare GAA that they supporting all the teams who represent the county rather than only committing to the one team that get the vast majority of the publicity. I've heard that there were other parties interested but that they were only willing to sponsor the senior footballers. There were a few seasons recently where Tegral were only in a position to sponsor the footballers and the hurlers pretty much had to fend for themselves.

Well it was how you had laid it out, maybe its not what you meant to say, but it was what you put across.

When it comes to logos, I dont think anyone has a choice, beggars, choosers, etc. I would commend Brady's moreso than Kildare GAA for the deal, its some undertaking for a localised company such as they are, there was obviously some good work done on the ground but at the end of the day, its the company's shilling and they've chosen to invest in the future of Kildare GAA, they deserve great credit for that.

You're spot on with them taking on all aspects of the Kildare GAA family, I've heard some posters mention only the "footballers" when they refer to the deal and I think it says more about their mindset than anything else. All in all its a good deal given the current state they were in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,857 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I believe Dublin were very insistent when hammering out their sponsorship deal that any company would have to back the hurlers as well as the footballers, and also sponsor the underage squads in both codes. Kilkenny do the same thing, as it happens...

I believe Dublin were very insistent when hammering out their sponsorship deal that any company would have to back the hurlers as well as the footballers, and also sponsor the underage squads in both codes. Kilkenny do the same thing, as it happens...
    It's a no brainer really, unless you are truly scraping the barrel or shoving two fingers to the other code, it should be the least they insist upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Yeah could be to do with who is running it. If you have a big phone company that's obviously more high profile than the local ham factory or creamery or whatever. But the county boards shouldn't need their sponsors to be doing the promotion for them. Surely the best way to attract sponsors in the first place would be to demonstrate what a great platform your team can give them.

It was a combination of both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

In fairness to the County Boards launching jerseys, it is no different than Man Utd, Barca or Brazil having jerseys leaked months before they get the big PR launch. Usually taken by someone working in the factory or someone inside the club

As someone pointed out earlier, anyone can snap it and have it on the web in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

I like that Kildare jersey a lot. Heard the numbers on the back are a black with a red outline and look great . Anyone got a pic of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Floody_1987

To Alcohol wrote: »
    I like that Kildare jersey a lot. Heard the numbers on the back are a black with a red outline and look great . Anyone got a pic of this?

It's actually green with a maroon outline

6e.jpg?psid=1

Apologies for the quality of the picture ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

that kildare jersey is hot property

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Just a mock up I made of how Lucozade might look on the cork jersey

• Advertisement

It's actually green with a maroon outline

6e.jpg?psid=1

Apologies for the quality of the picture ;)

Where does the green and maroon originate from?

Was it Kildare fans back in the 90's that freaked when they put a black collar on the jersey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Just a mock up I made of how Lucozade might look on the cork jersey

I doubt the Lucozade logo will be white. I doubt they'll allow Cork to change any part of the logo. They might use their new black logo however.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Floody_1987

Where does the green and maroon originate from?

Was it Kildare fans back in the 90's that freaked when they put a black collar on the jersey?

The Green you could argue has become Kildare's second colour with the away jersey but the Maroon is definitely a first, maybe it boils down to the sponsorship logo and what blended in best, that would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

New numbers look like what yad see on an NFL jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Lucozade aren't jersey sponsors for Cork. Just official sports drink. Take a look at the launch photos, the lads are wearing O2 jerseys and holding the lucozade water bottles. Jersey sponsorship is between Hyundai and I can't remember the name of the insurance company, by all accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

New font for the numbers is terrible, too chunky. There was no need for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Connorzee wrote: »
    Lucozade aren't jersey sponsors for Cork. Just official sports drink. Take a look at the launch photos, the lads are wearing O2 jerseys and holding the lucozade water bottles. Jersey sponsorship is between Hyundai and I can't remember the name of the insurance company, by all accounts
    Lucozade is the official sports drink of county boards. Players get buckets of it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

darragh085 wrote: »
    yes supermacs is the sponsor of both now. the thing that is delaying the new jersey now is the footballers and the hurlers cant agree on a crest.

Really hope they go with the hurling crest.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Really hope they go with the hurling crest.

Id imagine they will go with a whole new crest to suit both parties

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

New crest and jersey to be launched tomorrow

• Advertisement

New down jersey

734323_420170304724685_771830221_n.jpg

Changes so far with the new jersey counties encircled

238424.jpg

counties around the O'Neills stores first! Coincidence?

Connorzee wrote: »
    counties around the O'Neills stores first! Coincidence?

The pattern is unusual the way it almost goes along the East Coast but i think its just merely coincidence.

Counties bring out new jerseys for several reasons and in many cases here we have sponsors whose contract ran out to be replaced by another

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

314745_10151374599015890_139726385_n.jpg

new galway jersey for both codes in 2013.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

fearruanua wrote: »
    314745_10151374599015890_139726385_n.jpg

new galway jersey for both codes in 2013.

For the first time, Galway Hurlers and Footballers share the same jersey, same shade of maroon, same county crest, same sponsor.

I propose the first item on the agenda.

A split.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭seanm92

As a Galway fan absolutely brilliant news, judging by the pictures here and on facebook the crest is slightly different to the previous hurling crest. Happy they chose the hurling style crest though as its more similar to the old crest used by both codes. Regarding the new numbers, one poster above has complained about them, I don't see anything wrong with them nice to have a change since they've been the same since oneill's started making jerseys. Overall a really nice shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Two shades of maroon on Galway jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That picture shows that a having a bit of a tubby belly doesn't look so great with that jersey!

Really happy with that crest though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Mars Bar wrote: »

Really happy with that crest though.

A close up.

424490_10151374750425890_2144955280_n.jpg

Another gander of the jersey without the ugly models. ;)

542488_10151372733691941_1570405728_n.jpg

I don't like the spots.

555247_10151374703600890_1097471336_n.jpg

Advertisement