Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭daltonmd

When my son was about 2 (he's in his teens now) we were walking down the street when this punk rocker, drunk out of his skull stopped in front of him and said "HEY WHAT'S UP", my son, deadpan , replied. "THE SKY".

The punk rocker almost fell over laughing.. as did I.

It's still his response today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Cillian 5, "Mammy this is an interesting question, How does the water in the sea stay on top of the other water?"
    Mammy, :confused::confused:

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Cillian 5, "Mammy this is an interesting question, How does the water in the sea stay on top of the other water?"
    Mammy, :confused::confused:

:)

He probably meant how does the ice stay floating on the water. :D

He probably meant how does the ice stay floating on the water. :D

No he meant the water water. :) He has a habit of asking odd questions. the other day it was 'Is blue still blue if its dark?'
    :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

No he meant the water water. :) He has a habit of asking odd questions. the other day it was 'Is blue still blue if its dark?'

You may have a little genius on your hands.

Blue stuff is not blue in the dark, because colour is only how our eyes manifest light bouncing off things, therefore no light = no colour. Clever boy!

I also used to wonder about the water under the water in the ocean, in fact I still ponder sometimes about the deep water being slightly different due to the pressure exuded by the top water. hmmm.

My child made me smile yesterday when he helped me take off my jacket when I got home. In his mind I can't leave the house without a jacket, so if it's off I'm staying at home. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Got a a few of those giant chubba chub lollies (the big plastic ones with all the lollies in them) for Halloween. Left them in our room and was going to hide them later. My 3 year old must have sneaked out of bed and found them as when I went up to check on him a while ago, he was blissfully conked out in bed holding the big lolly pack in one hand and a half eaten lolly in the other with a few lolly sticks and wrappers scattered around him in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

My daughter made me a card to thank me for a lovely weekend and tell me how much she loves me. All because I brought her to the cinema (kids club) and bought a €6 pair of ugg boots in Dunnes for her.
    She really is a little sweetheart. :o

She asked the teacher in school why God let there be famines and for children to be starving. Would he not just send some rain their way and then they could grow vegetables and keep animals. She wanted to know why he'd flood some places and have droughts in others. Teacher was a bit flummoxed and told her it was a very clever question and it was nothing to do with God, all to do with the poor countries governments. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

My19 month old daughter is going to be performing artist of some kind! We had bets on whether it would be musician or dancer, but after this weekend I reckon she'll be the all encompassing theatre kid!

I was trying to organise some stuff around the kitchen, when she toddles into the room, throws her hands up in the air and happily and dramatically starts running around the kitchen in circles screaming "Why?? WHY??? WHYYYYY?!?!?!"

I'm still baffled!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Two year old head-banging to Killing In The Name of in the car had me (and her) in stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

When my little brother was young he interrupted a discussion at a large family dinner to ask "Dad, what's a substitute?" My Dad was understandably confused and said "Why do you ask?" My brother said "Well I heard on the news that Hugh Grant was arrested for being caught with a substitute so I thought it was important I know what that is".

Haha! We still slag him about it to this day.

• Advertisement

When we were going around trick or treating, My 3 year-old was dead excited. He gave me a big hug and said "I'm having great time Daddy!".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

my 6 yr old son was acting up at dinner today and i said to him that "if he didn't sit down & eat his dinner i'd kill him".
    My 2 yr old daughter piped up.."don't kill him Mammy & i said why?

She replied "cause he's my brother"!!! i just had to laugh as she was so sincere!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭PeefsPixie

Im not a mammy yet but I have 11 nieces and nephews who I love to bits and I couldnt help but read all yer stories with a soppy smile on my face.
    My 9 year old niece has always wanted to do what I do, dress how I dress, go where I go... She tells everyone all about me and to this day I have her teachers, neighbours and friends who Iv never met coming up to me saying "So your the famous aunty Aoife!"... Never fails to make me smile =)

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Two more from my 3-year-old:

Getting on a train to Salzburg - "Daddy, is Austria where ostriches live?"

Pulling into the creche car park, he was watching a group of little girls get out of a nearby car. With a serious look on his face, he wisely announces, "Daddy, some little girls grow up to be mommies, and some little girls grow up to be...", long pause, "...womans!". Not sure if he was implying that once they became mommies they no longer qualified as "womans".

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

Have 5 year old and a 9mths old a boy and a girl.

Today the kids were playing together and the boy 5 was playing with two tennis balls and the little girl 9mths was playing beside him with her toys in the sitting room. I was in the kitchen doing some baking and my partner was beside me yapping and the wee lads shouts into me....."Mam baba won't stop playing with my balls" Well all we could was laugh....Pure innocent like, but hearing it with an adult perspective it was funny!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Today was my first day back to work after maternity leave. Just walking in the door and seeing my beautiful girl smiling up at me made my heart melt. I could actually cry with love, I feel like my heart could burst.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

bed time in our house at the minute and the little fella (6) is watching the tv, hubby asked him to go and put his pj's on, he turned round and said "no thanks". we've got a right little smart a*** on our hands:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Got into the lift of my apartment building this morning, and some poor fella was trying to answer questions to his two very cute and inquisitive little kids about the difference between pee and poo, and how they get there and why!

Fair play to him, he kept answering their questions even after I got in, I'd say it was a long journey down to the ground floor for him though! :D

Cillian discovered The Who on the stereo. Cue air guitar and then some odd jerking movements which turned out to be him breaking his air guitar off an imaginary speaker. :eek::D
    Turns round and says to me 'Mammy I love rough music!'

Cillian discovered The Who on the stereo. Cue air guitar and then some odd jerking movements which turned out to be him breaking his air guitar off an imaginary speaker. :eek::D
    Turns round and says to me 'Mammy I love rough music!'

Love it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Asked to go to bed an hour early so she could read as she wants to finish the book. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

2 year old calling my name out all morning ( i had gone to work!!) and then giving out to me on the phone, when the OH rang, in her own language!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

My nearly 22 month old having breakfast at the kitchen table this morning. His Winnie the Pooh teddy was sitting on the table across from him. Every so often he'd look over at Pooh and exclaim 'No Pooh, Mine!" No fear of Pooh getting any of his cereal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Sitting down stairs last night after putting the little lady up to bed. Next thing I know I am being serenaded through her baby monitor :p

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

My 4 year old singing bruno mars I think I wanna marry you "is it that look in your eyes, or is it that dancing jew......" (its 'juice'), me laughing my head off, to be met with my 17 year old asking "what's he saying wrong, it is 'dancing jew'"! Que me giving a her a slagging about 'dancing juice' v 'dancing jew' and doing my best rendition of havve na gila (spelling is phonetic, I'm ashamed to say) versus drunk people.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

My 8 year old girl shouting at me when she was in the toilet. I ran to see what was wrong and my little 3 year old was there also and she said "Daddy, he keeps following me into the toilet to show me his willy."

Is it wrong that I laughed? A lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

in school, junior who is in 1st class was doing a math exercise on a whiteboard where a computer generates a partially filled cube of blocks , the kids have to count the blocks. It gets to his turn, and he gives the answer straight away "124", teacher asks how he got the answer so quickly, he says "well I know the cube has to be 125 blocks, there was 1 missing so the answer has to be 124"

well chuffed i was :D

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I was watching 'Nothing to Declare' the other evening with my six year old daughter. She asks me out of the blue:

"Mammy, why do some of those people have pixelations over their faces?"

Pixelations. Dunno where she got that one from. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I put a packet of crisps in the middle of the table and I annouced they were to be shared. Each of us (OH, 2 year old son and myself) took a crisp. I went to take another one and my little boy took it out of my hand and said "mummy - you share with everyone!" and stuffed it in his gob! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My poor little (2 year old) mite fell face first off his car onto the tiled kitchen floor yesterday evening giving himself a big egg of a bump on his head. I got a few chocolate buttons out of the secret hiding place to help him calm down. He did calm down but proceeded to feed them to me and his Dad instead of eating them himself.

Just when I thought I couldn't love him any more. <3

Advertisement