Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

we always dont miss to say whenever necessary to our 3 year old cute princess that 'we need to share darling'
    so now she was eager to have her daddy's phone and when he said no and took it bach from her hands she replied with firmness 'daddy we need to share darling'
    :D
    i wont forget that moment throughout my life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Little fella (2) had his developmental check by the district nurse yesterday, part of it was doing some puzzles, nurse put down a puzzle and stood up, saying to my better half that this normally takes awhile... Better half looks down and says, he's finished... Little fella had done the puzzle as the nurse was talking! Just to test him she gave him some more puzzles, he was well able for the puzzles they give to 4 year olds...

Very proud dad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I woke up to my 2 year old patting my hair the other morning saying 'awww mammy's hair lovely'.

Woke up the next day to her picking her nose then chucking it at me saying 'yucky'. (I think this one was revenge for me having to clean her nose the previous day!)

You never know what you'll wake up to with her :D

Had her at the doctor's today, was waiting ages in the waiting room to be seen to & in this time a little boy of about 14 months arrived.
    She was a bit shy with him at first, but my the time the GP finally called us (half an hour later) they were dancing together & she was running ahead of him saying 'cmon baby'. So cute to see the little social interactions at that age :D

• Administrators Posts: 13,889 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

My 3 year old had a stomach bug during the week and as a result his sleep pattern is all over the place. He fell asleep on the couch yesterday for about 3 hours.

When he woke up he said, "Oh Mammy, I'm getting old. I'm a bit tired"

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

I've alway taught my two year old manners like please and thank you. Lately though ive noticed how much she pays attention!

I always say there you go! Whenever I had her anything. So, understandably after a while she stopped saying thank you and would say 'there you go!' after anything was handed to her. I tried to right this by telling her to say thank you each time I gave her anything.

I cut her up an apple yesterday afternoon and after I handed it to her she looked up at me with a big grin and said "say thank you!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

hacked wrote: »
    I've alway taught my two year old manners like please and thank you. Lately though ive noticed how much she pays attention!

I always say there you go! Whenever I had her anything. So, understandably after a while she stopped saying thank you and would say 'there you go!' after anything was handed to her. I tried to right this by telling her to say thank you each time I gave her anything.

I cut her up an apple yesterday afternoon and after I handed it to her she looked up at me with a big grin and said "say thank you!" :D

Aw!

Our little guy is saying "Sowee" if he accidentally bangs off you these days. It's adorable. Then he kisses it better, which is really licking it better. :D

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Aw!

Our little guy is saying "Sowee" if he accidentally bangs off you these days. It's adorable. Then he kisses it better, which is really licking it better. :D

haha I does the same....she tripped on something earlier and looked up saying "Soee! soee!" over and over. When I told her it was ok with a laugh she walekd around the house for about an hour going "It's ok its ok its ok!"

They really are too cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

My 3 are all sick and it has been stressful for the past few days. But when my daughter was heading off to bed her older brother gave her a big hug and a kiss on the head sayin so glad you are feeling a bit better. Love u. Ahh melty heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

My five year daughter this morning -

"Mammy, are we were going to the Valentine's Day parade after we eat our dinner?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My 5 year old loves a massage before he gets up in a morning, after giving him a back rub he puts his arms around my neck pulls me down, kisses me on the check and says ' i love ya mom'

Made me all nice and fuzzy inside.

• Advertisement

The 3 year old came home from playschool today with a picture of a heart he'd coloured in and said "Happy Familytimes Day"!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My 12 month old was adamant at dinner that she was feeding herself like the bigger kids,she has the spoon upside down and was licking the food off it.
    I had to leave the room with all my laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

My husband brought our 2 year old down to bed for her sleep the other night, once he had her changed into her pj's & tucked into bed, she gave him the thumbs up & said 'good job daddy' before going asleep :D

'Good job' is her new thing, before that it was 'Good boy daddy'! said in a very matronly manner to him. He's under no illusions as to who is the boss in this house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Was in the supermarket today when the young fella (20 months) started singing at the top of his voice " no money, we got no money" over and over again. I was so mortified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

My 14 months old came into my bed for cuddles this morning, I took the dodi off her (it's strictly for bedtimes only now) and threw it across into her cot. She squealed out "Mammy, no no no!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Our normally-hyper 3-year-old was acting a bit tired and subdued one day so my wife asked him how he was. He told her "Mommy, I'm feeling a bit...challenged today". We couldn't stop laughing, or wondering where he picked that up from. We now have a theory that the teachers in his creche use that phrase to tell each other the kids are being a complete PITA that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chillichick

my 4month old little girl eatting her spageti bolognase while sticking her hands in her mouth and rubbing it everywhere and giving me her best gummy smile afterwards (",)

My little girl (almost 2) was shouting birds birds! and pawing at my computer. So i opened up youtube and stuck on the Pixar short film about the birds thinking she might like it.

She's such a kind little girl! She was happily watching it, but then it got to the part where the little birds started seriously bullying the big bird, and when they started pecking at his toes she got very upset for him.

I'm so proud of her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

My 2 year old was a bit slow to talk but we can't shut him up now! He is obsessed with Queen's music so I always put on You tube for him in the mornings. We were watching them singing live and he's starts screaming FREDDIE FREDDIE and jumping up and down when Freddie Mercury comes on stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

ziggy23 wrote: »
    My 2 year old was a bit slow to talk but we can't shut him up now! He is obsessed with Queen's music so I always put on You tube for him in the mornings. We were watching them singing live and he's starts screaming FREDDIE FREDDIE and jumping up and down when Freddie Mercury comes on stage!!

There is hope for the next generation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

There is hope for the next generation.

Yea I love Take That but he won't listen to them....think he's trying to tell me something:o

When my friend's little fella started school he was telling his mam, what happens at the start of the day...

"The teacher says your name, and you have to put up your hand and say 'I'm shot' "
    "I think it's 'Anseo' "
    "Not in our school"

• Registered Users Posts: 34,481 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Perhaps a little O/T...

but after my first day at school, ol' cloth-ears here earnestly told his mammy that there was a child in his class called Jesus Christ and his name was read out on the roll and all.

His name was Jason Price... and I still have cloth ears.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

My 5 year old (Junior Infants)

"Let's talk about numbers Dada" (first time doing this)
    "Ok, what's 4 plus 3" (testing him, expecting him not to be able to do it and using it to teach him something about adding)
    "Um, 4 multiplied by 2 is 8, minus 1 is 7"
    "... Where did you learn to do that?"
    "Computer Games"
    "Oh."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Brought my 7 year old niece to see A Monster in Paris a while aog. We were meeting up with my boyfriend afterwards to get some food and I asked her where she wanted to go. Her response was "Oh I don't mind where we go, but especially KFC."

When we were at the film we had seen the trailer for the Muppets. I said to her on the way over to KFC "We'll have to go see the Muppets when it's out. What do ya think?" She said, "nah, I don't like the Muppets." I did the over-exaggerated shock and said "What?! You take that back or no KFC" (very obviously messing...she does it to me all the time in case anyone thinks I'm being mean!!) and she stopped dead, put her hand on her hip, rolled her eyes and said "Steph, people are allowed to have different opinions you know!"

7 going on 17 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Had a 2 and 1/2 year old to visit recently, babysitting for the weekend, apparently she now calls everyone Sweetie Pie cause that's what I called her:D:D:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

nesf wrote: »

"Ok, what's 4 plus 3" (testing him, expecting him not to be able to do it and using it to teach him something about adding)
    "Computer Games"
    "Oh."

That is one messed-up algorithm but you can't argue with the results :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My 5 year old wasnt happy last friday, teacher told him off.

They were doing something on computers, however he managed to go on the internet and load up moshi monsters. He can type in his username but not his password. Teacher said 'NO' internet and 'NO' moshi monsters so he wasnt a happy chappy. Think they will have to disconect it the next time they have computers.

He was having a big discussion with his sister over the coulor of things, he told her your brain is pink, I thought he was quite clever until he said an aliens brain is green....

He was having a big discussion with his sister over the coulor of things, he told her your brain is pink, I thought he was quite clever until he said an aliens brain is green....

My 3 are obsessed with babies. They were talking one day about when they were in my belly. The 6 year old said, "I don't really remember being in your belly, but before I was in it I was in somewhere pink"....

we changed the subject then!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

nesf wrote: »

"Computer Games"
    "Oh."
    That is one messed-up algorithm but you can't argue with the results :D

It's actually a clever way to do the math. Much more useful with bigger numbers though. There's lots of little tricks for doing math more easily. A 12 year old cousin showed me how to quickly calculate the squared value of any number ending in 5 (ie, 25 squared = 625).

Advertisement