Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When did they start showing Impact on Sunday night on Challenge, or is it just because of Final Resolution being on Wednesday?

They have been doing that for about 2 years or so now? They always show Impact on Sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought they had the first showing on Tuesday for the previous Thursday's episode and repeat on Sunday. But the one I saw on tonight was the latest episode that just aired in the States on Thursday.
    Ah it's been a while since I saw it on Challenge anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Something I thought of while watching the show this week. Couldnt AJ go and get the X-Division title and trade it in for the World title match in July rather than having to wait until October?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,985 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That bully ray 2nd chop was unreal. I felt the pain from here. I have to say I enjoy watching tna these days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

- It's the return of CHAMPIONSHIP THURSDAY with an epic main event as World Heavyweight Champion "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy will defend the gold against former titleholder Austin Aries!
    impact4a.jpg

- The Knockouts Championship will also be on the line as Tara defends the title against one of these four superstars: Mickie James, Velvet Sky, Miss Tessmacher or ODB! The potential challengers will make their case to Knockouts Executive in Charge Brooke Hogan, and Brooke will select who receives the title shot!
    impact6a.jpg

- Also on the CHAMPIONSHIP THURSDAY edition of IMPACT, the Television Championship will be defended as Devon of The Aces and Eights puts his title on the line against the Olympic Gold Medalist - Kurt Angle!
    impact5a.jpg

- Plus, just days before the big holiday, Kazarian promises to throw a party on the broadcast in honor of Christopher Daniels to celebrate his big win over AJ Styles at Final Resolution!

• Advertisement

Jesse must have pissed someone off backstage to have to face Bully Ray. They have had nothing to do with each other before last Thursday. Did not envy him at all during that match, especially not the big hand shaped bruise that was starting to show.

For the Knockouts title match, it's hard to see anyone but Velvet getting it. Problem with that is do they want to end Tara's title reign so quickly, or do they want to kill Velvet's return momentum? It's a bit soon for them to face off but Velvet is the obvious choice so someone will suffer. They did a DQ with the last Championship Thursday so cant see them doing it again here.

I can however see them doing it for Aries vs Hardy. Likely a ton of run in's from Storm, Roode then Aces and Eights which leads to Angle, Bischoff, Brisco etc.

Rob Terry is my new favourite wrestler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Did he drive over Brooke Hogan in a steamroller leaving an orange smudge?

I'm now two weeks behind. Have I missed anything worthwhile or can I just skip them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'm now two weeks behind. Have I missed anything worthwhile or can I just skip them?

Last week's was really dull and going through the motions outside of the Daniels and Kaz stuff & the title match.

This week's show was largely good. With main event being the hightlight.

• Advertisement

that was very funny

- IMPACT WRESTLING kicks off 2013 with the big return of "The Icon" Sting - and he's vowing revenge on The Aces & Eights! Sting is now on a mission to eliminate the gang from TNA! Will the final battle begin on Thursday when the Man In Black makes his comeback? Tune in and find out!
    588stingreturns.jpg

- Also on the huge broadcast, there will be a Steel Cage Match as Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe join forces to battle The Aces & Eights! There will be no escape and no surrender when the cage door slams shut on Joe, Angle and the Aces!
    impactpre3.jpg

- Is Thursday's IMPACT the beginning of the end of the Aces' reign of terror with Sting's return and the big Steel Cage Match? Don't miss this all-important IMPACT that kicks off the New Year!

-The 2012 Wrestler of the Year will be revealed as well. Who will win between finalists James Storm, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, Jeff Hardy, and Bully Ray?
    impactpre4.jpg

- Plus, after what happened last week, what will happen when Hulk Hogan is face-to-face with Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan? Is the family drama about to reach a boiling point?

- Thursday's IMPACT will also feature all of your favorite stars, including Hernandez, James Storm, Matt Morgan, the lovely but lethal Knockouts in action, the high-flying X Division Superstars and many more, plus news on the January 13 "Genesis" Pay-Per-View event! Watch a special video preview below:

Robbie T in the Bro-Off was priceless, BRO!
    Rvd its hard to know when he's high or pretending to be or does the latter never happen. Quite enjoyed his match with York, hope to see it again and given more time.
    Great Styles impression by Kaz. The less I see of the Home and Away level intimidating biker gang the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

588stingreturns.jpg

Heel turn for Sting and he joins Aces and 8's?

Interesting TNA signee news from the Observer:
    Brian Cage, The Young Bucks and Jay Bradley have all made twitter hints this week regarding TNA. TNA is bringing in a lot of X Division guys for the 1/12 taping of the show to fill the no-longer-happening-in-February PPV to fulfill international contracts. They are doing an Ultimate X as well as an X Division Escape the cage match. Bradley wouldn’t be X Division, but he’s been in Aces and 8s in the past under a mask. El Generico canceled a 1/12 date for PWG, which has made people think it had to be because he was working the 1/12 taping in Orlando.

Brian Cage is an ex-WWE developmental guy with a JACKED WWE look AND he has a very unique USP in that he can high fly. Pretty much works exclusively in California and in the 2012 busted out big time in PWG:

bcage.jpg

To quote PWG's commentator BRIAN CAGE IS A ****ING MACHINE.

Edit:

Had to post this it is Kevin Steen vs Brian Cage from PWG Death to all but Metal. One of my favourite matches last year. The match began as all comedy that went for so long that you thought that "oh this is comedy match" but then it changes gear and becomes this great match that displayed Brian Cage had main event potential. They did a lot of comedy based on Steen being fat and Cage being made from granite. Stupid stuff like Steen hurting his hand punching Cage's six pack, Steen biting Cage on the arm and getting baby oil in his mouth and this:

Gives you a good indication of Cage's look and agility.

I would literally jump with joy if TNA signed Generico.

I would literally jump with joy if TNA signed Generico.

I doubt he will or if he does it will be a non-exclusive contract. Every impression I have gotten is that he is the highest paid non ex-WWE guy on the indies and he rakes in the cash selling masks & other merchandise at shows. He is also the busiest Wrestler wrestling for all the name indy promotions in the USA, the DDT promotion in Japan, the UK, German, Russia and crazy Nigeria tours.

From the TNA Twitter:
    X-Division Contender Tournament - Kid Kash vs Christian York (tonight on #ImpactLIVE). Kenny King vs Zema Ion (next week on #ImpactLIVE), Winner of X-Division Contender Tournament at Genesis faces @TherealRVD that same night for the X-Division Title.
    xmatch1.jpg
    xmatch2.jpg

Is there ever any live streams for TNA?

Headshot wrote: »
    Is there ever any live streams for TNA?

Here at 1am: http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/161525/1/watch-tna-impact.html

• Advertisement

Pretty obvious Kenny is winning that. Probably over York.

What about any European tv channel showing TNA live?

Headshot wrote: »
    What about any European tv channel showing TNA live?

Nope, earliest you'll get it is Challenge on Sunday.

This may exasperate.

Russo left in February 2012 and ratings have never recovered. :P

PWTorch has published a list of ratings averages both for yearly comparisons and month-to-month comparisons. 2012 was the worst year TNA has done for ratings since 2006. TNAsylum has a list of the viewership and ratings that TNA has done all year at THIS link.

Yearly Rating Averages

2007 - 1.05 rating
    2008 - 1.06 rating
    2009 - 1.15 rating (pre-Hogan)
    2010 - 1.06 rating (includes switch to Monday nights & switch back to Thursdays)
    2011 - 1.17 rating
    2012 - 1.02 rating (1.07 first-half, 0.97 second-half)

Month-to-Month Ratings Averages
    Jan. 2012: 1.15 rating
    Feb. 2012: 1.11 rating
    Mar. 2012: 1.04 rating
    Apr. 2012: 1.01 rating
    May 2012: 1.01 rating (includes first live show 5/31)
    June 2012: 0.98 rating
    July 2012: 0.96 rating
    Aug. 2012: 1.04 rating (reversed six-month slide)
    Sept. 2012: 0.98 rating
    Oct. 2012: 0.92 rating (BFG month)
    Nov. 2012: 0.96 rating
    Dec. 2012: 0.97 rating

Swerves and calling women sluts & whores sell.

What is Tna's relationship like with overseas companies nowdays?
    I'm just thinking with the X Division special will they reach out for overseas talent like they did with the X-Cup or will we have to accept Puma and Curry Man as a returning talents.

I always defended Russo during his time with TNA so I'm a little happy to see the ratings give me some sort of backing. It was very rare for a Russo show to drop below the 1.0 rating. It seems to be the opposite now and it's rare for them to be above it.
    GTR63 wrote: »
    What is Tna's relationship like with overseas companies nowdays?
    I'm just thinking with the X Division special will they reach out for overseas talent like they did with the X-Cup or will we have to accept Puma and Curry Man as a returning talents.

Doubt we'll be seeing Puma. It's TJ Perkins now and apparently he's an ass to work with which would explain why he hardly ever has a full time spot anywhere worthwhile.

And Curry Man is awesome! :D

Wonder if they will try to get Low Ki to appear again for the show. Obviously it wouldn't be a full time thing but for a one off I don't see why not.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/74428/jerry-lynn-vs-rob-van-dam-one-final-time-lynn-returning-for-farewell-tna-bout-as-part-of-special-january-tv-tapings.html?p=1
    Bit more news on that X-Division taping. I'm probably asking for a bit too much to be expecting a few suprises.

Very cool to see the return of Petey, and while I would've preferred something like Styles vs. Lynn one more time, it's nice that Lynn is getting a TNA send off as well considering what he meant to the early years of the X-Division.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe I missed it, but when is that X Division show airing?

• Advertisement

For that tag tournament thing, why not give the winners a title match instead? Last time they did one of these tournaments, I believe they stumbled upon Joe and Magnus? Why not try it again and make it worthwhile with a title match for the winning team?

Advertisement