Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Taz wasnt there this week and JB did a far better job anyway. Tenay is getting on in years so hopefully its TNA giving the new guy and JB a run to see how they work rather than waiting and throwing them in the deep end when the time comes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Anyone know why they've started mixing up the commentary teams? I can't imagine Tenay and Tazz are too pleased about it, unless of course they get the same money for less work :pac:.

The "official" line is that they want to freshen up the broadcast. Eric Bischoff's WCW Monday Nitro rotated the announce team every hour.

Obviously you could draw the territorial type conclusion that they want to get rid of Mike and/or Taz or gain leverage in the contract negotiation.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I actually prefered JB and the other guy then Tenay and Taz , they both seemed better . had to laugh at AJ making the comment about the Cena/AJ angle.

Really enjoyed the show this week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Sting and Angle reunite their former Tag title winning team to face a team only slightly more interesting than the team they lost those tag titles to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Only got round to watching last weeks impact tonite. Enjoyable enough but the main event was a bit of a damp squib where the reveal was a bit oh its him yeah....so....
    Cd and Kaz were as great as ever calling out the Spanish announce team. I'm enjoying Aries more in the last two weeks than he isn't trying to be CM Punk who I see more than enough. Nice touch mentioning Brad Armstrong at the start, it doesn't take that much effort.

Forgot about the Daniels and Kazarian segment. All throughout it I was wondering who it was going to be as it clearly wasnt going to be Chavo and Hernandez. The big build up and reveal was brilliant :D

That Roode vs Styles match could have main evented a PPV if it had more time. Having it OPEN the show was a real statement. Should definitely open with a match like that every week. Two guys allowed go at it for 15-20 minutes with no bullshit.

An ancient evil awakens? SUICIDE!!!!!!! :pac:

Still think Bully is going to be a part of Aces and Eights. Hogan is taking way too long to trust him. The long build to earning his trust only to stab him in the back is what I'm thinking.

Think TNA might change the Knockout tag titles from a female title to an intergender tag titles. Tara and Jesse win on Sunday and want a title match, male and female vs male and female. Would be much easier to find challengers too.

That rubber hammer did some damage but where the hell was everyone else who would always charge to the ring only a few weeks ago? Hogan, Storm, Hardy, Styles, Bischoff, RVD? Even Park. They couldnt wait to get involved now there is no sign of them. Hardy especially since they tried to take him out but he seems to have forgiven them.

It really was do or die for Gut Check. If York didnt get a contract the whole thing would have been an even bigger joke. From all the contestants, York was easily the best with only Joey Ryan coming close.

Christy Hemme just looks more amazing each and every week.

What was Hogan's problem with Aries having the other title belt? Hardy is the one who pretty much threw it away in favour of his own disgusting title belt. If anything, Hogan should be pissed at Hardy for disrespecting the title in such a manner.

DIRECTOR OF CHAOS is campy great:
    professor-chaos.jpg

Best iMPACT! in a while.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    DIRECTOR OF CHAOS is campy great:
    professor-chaos.jpg

When is General Disarray turning up?

tumblr_md8fopNfCt1qid2w0o1_400.gif

Very hot opening match and they really put steam on Gallows here. Ok show overall.

My head is wrecked after listening to the latest Bryan & Vinny show. Either Brooke and Bully Ray are seeing each other in real life or TNA is working the boys as they were caught on a date this week. Very odd.

My head is wrecked after listening to the latest Bryan & Vinny show. Either Brooke and Bully Ray are seeing each other in real life or TNA is working the boys as they were caught on a date this week. Very odd.

I assumed that was laying seeds for some kind of angle.

I assumed that was laying seeds for some kind of angle.

Bryan Alverez said Bully being first on the scene when Aces & Eights cornered her was possibly that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,895 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And maybe why Bully is so keen to prove he's a good guy now.

Please let this end with a heel Bully putting her through a table preferably a flaming one too.

Love the Blossoms like Sam and Amanda from that series of Big Brother. The Twinsie Twinest Twins ever.

26619_459308137444946_1302459084_n.jpg

Take it not a lot happened last night? Only now thought of it, usually this thread serves as a reminder.

TNA continued to book James Storm into the ground by having him lose his title shot to Roode.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

TNA continued to book James Storm into the ground by having him lose his title shot to Roode.

Yea thought that was a bit silly , but i knew once they had that match for the #1 contenders Roode was gonna win , they need to end their feud (or it should have ended at TP) . Presume they are gonna do either a 4 way title match Roode vs Hardy vs Aries vs Storm or Roode vs Hardy and Storm vs Aries . Unless they plan on Storm taking the belt of Hardy in the end

Yeah was sickened when I read the result tuesday. Makes people that still buy the ppv's look like suckers too.

Love the Blossoms like Sam and Amanda from that series of Big Brother. The Twinsie Twinest Twins ever.

The Blossoms were on A League of Their Own on Sky tonight.

I reckon they want Storm to beat Roode for the title so keep having Roode screw him over to make it about more than the title. Could just be wishful thinking though as Hardy probably wont be losing the title for another few months. Speaking of Hardy, those voice over promos are fcuking awful. It wouldnt be so bad if he said something of use, but he'd be better just saying nothing right now.

Whats the story with Anderson? Havent seen him around for a bit. Was the Aces and Eights attack the last we seen of him? Hopefully the same isnt true for Magnus now. Would have been interesting if Joe made the save. Something along the lines of he may hate Magnus, but he isnt going to stand by and let someone else take him out instead, he wants to be the one to do it.

Curious what will happen next week with the Gut Check people. Are they calling people out? Meaning three pretty mediocre at best wrestlers (plus York) are guaranteed a match? Also, Angle pushing for Wes to get on Gut Check didnt make a whole load of sense since he could have picked him as a partner earlier in the night.

The Nov. 16 episode scored the highest rating in 11 weeks. The show had a 1.18 (rounded up to 1.2) rating for thirty minutes during the Aces and 8s match with Angle and Bischoff (featuring Wes Brisco) and the Knockouts Battle Royal that followed.

Bischoff = Ratings :pac:

Sad that the Knockouts Battle Royal only had five in it. This time last year they probably could have had ten and still be leaving girls out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,895 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was wondering who would be the heel in a Hardy/Storm match.
    And will Hardy ever stop with that painting eyes on the eyelids? It just looks stupid.

I'm no expert, but from watching Sons of Anarchy, I have to question how Devon is Sgt at Arms? He had just been patched in when he was first unmasked and also he's a Nomad.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Curious what will happen next week with the Gut Check people. Are they calling people out? Meaning three pretty mediocre at best wrestlers (plus York) are guaranteed a match?

Just copped why that is happening. It's thanksgiving so the rating will suck anyway due to the American Football being on at the same time.

iMPACT! Preview for this week:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,641 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Aries next feud is with Styles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Have the 2 of them ever had a feud before?

Advertisement