Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

The 25 Most Valuable Video Games on eBay
    http://m.complex.com/video-games/2013/01/the-25-most-valuable-video-games-on-ebay

Anyone got any of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Burkey0

eddhorse wrote: »
    http://m.complex.com/video-games/2013/01/the-25-most-valuable-video-games-on-ebay

Anyone got any of these?

Have Gyromite loose :rolleyes: common as durt I believe. Maybe if there was a sealed Stack Up, that could beat it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

eddhorse wrote: »

Anyone got any of these?

An awful lot of those are in the damn stupid AVG plastic covers, and instantly raise the selling price to the weak minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Jack burton

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    An awful lot of those are in the damn stupid AVG plastic covers, and instantly raise the selling price to the weak minded.

For example Final Fantasy II, complete and in great condition, would go for about 100 or in around that. Bita plastic slapped on it and goes for 2000 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,557 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I can understand people spending big money on one offs, like interesting dev pieces, prototypes etc.

But thousands on factory produced items which have multiple known copies absolutely baffles me. The only reason I can think for it is people who are trying to 100% complete collections.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Plus, that page is one man's opinion.
    I don't really rate a game as rare just because it has a regional cover.
    In 10 years will the PS2 GAA games be selling for big money in Japan due to its rarity?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

There is a guy on Ebay ireland selling the Mario game on the NES, Number 4 on this list, in mint condition.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/MARIO-BROS-ARCADE-CLASSICS-RARE-MINT-/221169029432?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item337eb39138

I bought a couple of games off him before and they where in mint condition.. the boxes where almost too mint if you follow me. is there any way to tell if they are original or not.. there is no way id pay that money on it without being 100% sure. his one is at 280 at the minute, originally it was 350. The one on that list sold for over 7000 dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well if you are a dab hand at illustrator and photshop and work someplace or have access to good printing machines/plotter and can match up the same type of cardboard used on NES boxes I wouldnt imagine its too hard to remake a box.

zelda1nes.jpg

Bit of time and a steady hand and you could glue that up to look pretty legit

• Registered Users Posts: 34,557 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thats mad money for one game, you have to imagine its some nerdy famous person collecting these with money to burn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I had a dream last night I was in a really grotty shop and on one of the shelves was a really strange portable Dreamcast console that ran a version of Bastion. It had a really awkward trigger button, I remember that much... oh and the shopkeeper was very aggressive and I wasn't sure what country I was in so I didn't get a good look!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I was jamming on Time Crisis with the G-Con last night. I hadn't seen one of those find since the nineties, so I had great craic using it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Damn it. That cheap 3DO seems to be too good to be true. It powers on but doesn't give any video output at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Damn it. That cheap 3DO seems to be too good to be true. It powers on but doesn't give any video output at all :(

I'll take it off your hands if its knackered. For parts etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd rather get my money back for it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

It powers on but doesn't give any video output at all :(

It's probably for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

deathrider wrote: »
    I was jamming on Time Crisis with the G-Con last night. I hadn't seen one of those find since the nineties, so I had great craic using it.

I did that a few months back when the flat screen broke.
    Got a lend of an old block telly from the wifes folks and set up the ps2 and time crisis 2.
    Was a fun few evenings.
    I wish the light guns worked with flatscreens.
    I don't have room for 2 tellys so time crisis and light gun will just have wait patiently till this flat screen breaks in a few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yeah I thought it looked a bit on the cheap side, even being an FZ-10. Sneaky though to not mention the fault, then again, it was prob listed as "untested" was it?

Achilles wrote: »
    It's probably for the best.

You do realise he has a CD-i?

Any online fixes?
    Be worth it if so, get someone competent with a soldering the iron to do the work, EnterNow perhaps?

• Advertisement

Anyone here use Origin, I've a 15% discount code I don't want

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EnterNow wrote: »

For a second I read that as Ocean. :(

Ocean_Software_logo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Does it expire, and if it does, when?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You do realise he has a CD-i?

Yes, your point?

Achilles wrote: »
    Yes, your point?

If you have to ask its prob best we don't get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Bought a bunch of stuff from the same guy, seemed sound enough so I doubt he tried to screw you over.

Is it just no video ? Audio ok ? CDs spinning ?

Not sure about audio, apparently the 3DO model has no boot up sound. It powers on fine and seems to read audio CDs. I'm just getting no video through composite. I'm getting video from the same cables on the NES.

Not sure about audio, apparently the 3DO model has no boot up sound. It powers on fine and seems to read audio CDs. I'm just getting no video through composite. I'm getting video from the same cables on the NES.

Does it have an rf output, just so you can try that?

Yeah but I've no cable for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Yeah but I've no cable for it.

Really ? I find that hard to believe :) Any piece of wire will suffice for a temporary RF cable.

With an audio cd in, bashing on the buttons might get it to play.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement