Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It takes a proprietary one, standard RF cable won't fint and I've no other RF cables on hand. Seems to be no sound either. I tried hammering on the buttons and got it to start seeking or something on the disc ut getting nothing back.

Going to try the other TV as a last resort tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Try RGB?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I did that a few months back when the flat screen broke.
    Got a lend of an old block telly from the wifes folks and set up the ps2 and time crisis 2.
    Was a fun few evenings.
    I wish the light guns worked with flatscreens.
    I don't have room for 2 tellys so time crisis and light gun will just have wait patiently till this flat screen breaks in a few years

I've had the Time Crisis disc doing something similar. It's just been sitting around, because I never had the gun to play it with. My sister picked one up yesterday, so I dusted the game off, and brought it back out of retirement. I tried out Area 51 and the second game on Die Hard Trilogy with the G-Con too, but they don't seem compatable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Try RGB?

Doesn't support RGB :(

Master of the Universe

deathrider wrote: »
    I tried out Area 51 and the second game on Die Hard Trilogy with the G-Con too, but they don't seem compatable.

They don't work with the GCon alright, you need to get one of the other PS1 light guns for them (like the Predator)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Doesn't support RGB :(

Can be done alright but its a complete pain in the rear to do, similar job on a CDi :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

nabbed Evochron Mercanary off about a fiver Steam , its 75% off for the next few hours.Kind of interesting, sort of a decent Elite/Mercanary Clone, with 35 player cop -op , and the ability to fly to a planet , go down through the atmosphere land , and apparantly have a wander*, all without loading screens...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/71000

(r*ead about this but havent managed it yet.)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

In other news Elite remake hit its kickstarter funding!
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous

Dr Bob wrote: »
    nabbed Evochron Mercanary off about a fiver Steam , its 75% off for the next few hours.Kind of interesting, sort of a decent Elite/Mercanary Clone, with 35 player cop -op , and the ability to fly to a planet , go down through the atmosphere land , and apparantly have a wander*, all without loading screens...

Colour me unimpressed. Starglider 2 did that on the Amiga years ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

product?productId=1100001714&type=3&loc=en-US

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

o1s1n wrote: »

They don't work with the GCon alright, you need to get one of the other PS1 light guns for them (like the Predator)

That's what I was thinking. What else does the G-Con run with then? Is it just Time Crisis and Point Blank?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Brother, the Die Hard 2 mission in the trilogy was the best game of the bunch.
    I played it to death.
    Never had the same blast with a lightgun title since, well maybe HotD2....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Brother, the Die Hard 2 mission in the trilogy was the best game of the bunch.
    I played it to death.
    Never had the same blast with a lightgun title since, well maybe HotD2....

hulkhogan.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And all you little Hulksters betta listen up!

I preferred the Macho Man Randy Savage tbh... ohhh yeaah!

Master of the Universe

aUpPt.jpg

What's the Famicom doing to the Gameboy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

And all you little Hulksters betta listen up!

I preferred the Macho Man Randy Savage tbh... ohhh yeaah!
    You mean we can talk about wrestling now?

flRWu.gif
    What's the Gameboy doing to the Famicom?
    Fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You mean we can talk about wrestling now?

Yep..its about as scripted as your average episode of Top Gear.

/thread

Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »

/thread

At least the men tend not to cry on top gear.

TIDJK.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Whenever I'd stay over in my nannys house with my cousin, we'd always get up early to watch smack down on sky1 early in the morning. We'd also pretend we were the wrestlers and jump off the couches. Then my nanny would give out to us for wrecking the cushions. Good times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

EnterNow wrote: »

/thread

In fairness, the WWF/WWE have been interspersing their own programming with notices of 'this is scripted entertainment, please don't try at home', for 30 years-ish, so the notion of it being an oily man-drama isn't all that revelatory anymore. Which is a courtesy Gladiators never really afforded us, so there's that in its favour.

Oh, and as for Nerdkiller's question, I believe that'd be a:

bryannolnekf-e678f7d6-original.gif

Master of the Universe

The events in UK Gladiators weren't scripted...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I meant the goofy characters and the worked drama, more than the actual event. Bit of a failed analogy on my part, really.

Master of the Universe

Oh thank feck! For a moment there I thought my childhood was ruined.

My son casually mentioned he finished Kameo, colour me impressed!
    He also is making head way in DQIX, so we'll done that 9 year old!

Master of the Universe

Well this is just down right creepy. Someone sent this youtube blogger or whatever you call people who like to talk on youtube a box full of Saturn games for free.

Some big hitters in there like PDS.

My son casually mentioned he finished Kameo, colour me impressed!
    He also is making head way in DQIX, so we'll done that 9 year old!
    Now that's raising your lad right.

the-rock-clapping-gif-i12.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

BREAKING NEWS: God has been arrested after millions of people claim to have been 'touched by him'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Sparks43 wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS: God has been arrested after millions of people claim to have been 'touched by him'

same happened to Jack Black

• Advertisement

So...anyone remember the greatness that was The Mystic Knights of Tír na nÓg?

6MSHJ.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement