Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game [Jesus Piece]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

It has a lot of "name drops" but seriously, you don't get that is his style after 8+ years?!? Also a lot of them fit perfectly and cleverly in the songs, but I used to love her is just about a girl I suppose. There are a few pointless obvious shout outs to rappers he wants to sign with though.

lyrically he is rubbish, his verses are so bad the last few years. His voice sounds like its on the way out or something and lastly i wouldnt say its clever at all what he's doing in terms of dropping names infact id say the opposite because its so repetitive and just filler in his verses.

He's been finished a few years now , too reliant on others and now thats not even working for him. Very medicore to poor album in fairness just like red,lax.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Listened to Jesus Piece (the song) with the lads earlier, Common kills it. The hook is gammy as fúck, i didnt get it, Game sounded like he was fresh out of New Orleans or something it was horrible.

Nice beat by kanye though, i was liking that.

"**** y'all mad at me for, cause my belt got two G's on it
    Her belt got two C's on it, my daughter's stroller got D's on it
    Free Big Meech, Free Boosie and C-Murder
    Like New Orleans, like Baltimore, come to Compton you'll see murders
    And my AR see murders, that's beef nigga no burgers
    I'm insane and you Usain, nigga better turn on them burners"

He switches up his voice to match it, it switches back pretty much straight after that line. Why would you say he sounds like he is from new orleans on a song with Ye and Common?

ye what a great verse that was :rolleyes:... he got 3 or 4 names in too, so lyrical.

4. Although that might explain why you don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Got the album on Friday, listened to it a few times and, believe it or not, I actually like it :rolleyes:

The production is great IMO, I really liked most of the beats on this album. I think it has a darker, more serious vibe than LAX or RED which is a good thing IMO. Kanye did a great job on Jesus Piece and Ali Bomaye is a banger. I like that it's shorter too - this album has 12 tracks whereas his last two had around 18 and I've always thought they could have been better if they left it at 12-14.

Highlights so far for me are 'Pray' and 'See No Evil', loved everything about the both of them. There are quite a few featured guests on the album - J.Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Common and Pusha T all contribute some nice verses. Some of them are a bit pointless though - Fabolous, Wiz Khalifa and Jamie Foxx all have very short parts, you wouldn't miss them if they weren't there. Well, I wouldn't anyway...

I like most of the tracks on the album but, IMO, it really runs out of steam towards the end. I think Hallelujah, Freedom and Celebration are all a bit boring and a bit weak to be honest but they're there for a reason and they fit the concept so I can live with them.

It will hardly come as a surprise to most here that I like the album, I'm a big Game fan so I'll listen to the album looking for something to like. If you listen to the album looking for flaws then you'll find them. If name-dropping and features really, really bother you then you will not like this album. Save yourself the time and don't bother listening to it.

However, if you like Game then chances are you will find something to like about this album. I usually wait a couple of weeks before I give an album a rating but I'm really liking this one so far, I can't see myself changing my mind about it anytime soon.

7/10

New unreleased track, 'Murder' ft. Kendrick and Scarface

https://soundcloud.com/jesuspiece/murder-ft-scarface-kendrick

Contains name-drops and features! You've been warned! :pac:

Warning, fire may burn.

4. Although that might explain why you don't get it.

would you ever get off that mans d*ck , the lyrics are not exactly cryptic codes, I think we all get it lol.

Pathetic verse, name drops are filler , features are filler because he's not capable of spitting more than one or two verses.

Excuses excuses :D. A modern day chronic game called this , please stop.

A modern day chronic game called this

You're taking that quote out of context and you know it.
    "The thing about the Jesus Piece is, it's kinda like a 2012 Chronic album, if you will," Game told MTV News, referring to the large number of guests he plans to showcase on his December LP. "I'm on it, and I'm on it a hell of a lot, but I got a lot of features."

Back in 1992, Dr. Dre crafted a certified hip-hop classic with The Chronic, but rather than hog the spotlight for himself, D-R-E used his LP as a platform to showcase the talents of others. Snoop was properly introduced and Warren G, Kurupt, Nate Dogg, Lady of Rage and RBX also appeared. So for his next project, Game aims to create a similar vibe. Already, his first single, "Celebration," features Chris Brown, Lil Wayne and Wiz Khalifa; the remix has Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.

"I wanted to get all of the dope hip-hop artists that are dope now that are friends of mines — from 2 Chainz to Ross to Meek Mill — and I wanted everybody to co-exist on this dope hip-hop album under this concept, which is Jesus Piece, 'cause we all be rockin' Jesus pieces," he explained.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1696700/game-jesus-piece-chronic.jhtml

You don't like the album - shock, get over it and stop bitching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

would you ever get off that mans d*ck , the lyrics are not exactly cryptic codes, I think we all get it lol.

Pathetic verse, name drops are filler , features are filler because he's not capable of spitting more than one or two verses.

Excuses excuses :D. A modern day chronic game called this , please stop.

Seeing as the good doctor himself gave the album the thumbs ups id value his opinion over this anyday.

pone2012 wrote: »

Seeing as the good doctor himself gave the album the thumbs ups id value his opinion over this anyday.

Dre will always support his artists past and present, I'd value his opinion too but when he produces an album like relapse you'd start to wonder.

Dre will always support his artists past and present, I'd value his opinion too but when he produces an album like relapse you'd start to wonder.

Start to wonder what?

I'd take more features as long as Adam Levine was not one if them.

And just what makes you so sure about that?? did he support him on DA (nope) Or on LAX (nope)..so your logic is quite flawed there.

I happened to like aspects of relapse. there were some great verses on that album. Dre's made more money than any other rapper this year without even dropping a track. imho that in itself says all you need to know about dr dre. the man is genius plain and simple

Jesus piece like 99% of albums has a few bad points but its a pretty decent album by todays standards..some great songs on there.

I'd take more features as long as Adam Levine was not one if them.

Here goes the comparsions to the man who put him in the limelight and gave him a career in 50 along with dre.

Say what you want about my life it's a better track than celebration, lot more substance behind it anyway thats for sure... celebration has more features than most albums lol.

The constant arse licking of today's relevant artists has too stop, shouting out for a 5o re-union has too stop...

Just face it lads he doesn't have the ability to make hit music by himself, never has and never will.

Ah the "I used to be an atheist" bit unravels.

Just face it lads he doesn't have the ability to make hit music by himself, never has and never will.

We arent talking about hit music here..were talking about rap music theres a big difference,,although one could understand your confusion given that nearly every single by 50 since the massacre has been more pop music than anything so you are forgiven. Anyway to sum up when push came to shove game ethered not only 50 but his whole crew on 300 bars. Thats widely accepted. So if your gonna compare game to someone..you really should pick someone else.

Don't forget the lyrical genius on "Get In My Car", spits hot fiyya.

Say what you want about my life it's a better track than celebration, lot more substance behind it anyway thats for sure... celebration has more features than most albums lol

Really..?
    What do you make of game's celebration single? i must say i like it despite all the features, feel good song with a nice westcoast vibe to it.
    hate it, that maroon 5 fella is disgracefully bad on the hook, he doesnt need to be on this at all. Eminem seriously what is he blabbing on about at all for the best part :confused:...

50 just needs to let rip on a track, this beat/tempo does not suit him. i cant see this growing on me at all so boring.

And I thought Game was bipolar lol :pac:

• Advertisement

We arent talking about hit music here..were talking about rap music theres a big difference,,although one could understand your confusion given that nearly every single by 50 since the massacre has been more pop music than anything so you are forgiven. Anyway to sum up when push came to shove game ethered not only 50 but his whole crew on 300 bars. Thats widely accepted. So if your gonna compare game to someone..you really should pick someone else.

300 bars wasnt even replied too, that was game riding the g unit wave he came in on. 50 never replied to game properly the same way he never replied to buck.

Without 50 there would be no game, 50 wrote a good chunk of the documentary aswell as co producing it and that's games best piece of work... His biggest songs wouldn't of been big without 50, am I right ? Dre couldn't make this fella successful on his own so he was put with 50, kurrupt, Knoc turnal have all said 50 saved him as he was without a doubt on the verge of being dropped.

50 is head and shoulders above game in every lane. Game can't write a hook , verses are beyond rubbish these days, needs feature after feature to fill his songs. 300 bars was a great diss song alright but honestly 50 only took jabs at him, game gave him all the publicity in the world.

As for 400 bars etc he's rapping about f*ck all incredibly hard to listen too. The so called man to kill g unit and 50 cent ? Right game that's why 5o went on to have number 1s while bws never had an artist or album released. That's why he is constantly saying sorry to 50 ? Wanting to be back in g unit a supposedly a label he killed lol. Games confused hes not sure if he wants to join young money,g unit or Mmg, One things for sure he's not talented enough to make his own label successful so as per usual tries to leach on someone else's parade.

Btw... Camera phone, celebration, aint no doubt about it etc ... I'd call them pretty pop aswell... But Iv no problem with artists releasing commercial like singles as long as the albums don't follow suit.

Game is not even worthy of a comparison to 50 , that's the man who saved his career and has the ability to make good music on his own back and not just singles.

I hope complex do another article highlighting games name dropping filler lyrics like they did the red album.

300 bars wasnt even replied too, that was game riding the g unit wave he came in on. 50 never replied to game properly the same way he never replied to buck.

Shows what you know, but again your lack of knowledge is forgiven, because the reply was so insignificant and sucked so bad it was quickly forgotten about.

ill just leave this here then..

Dead People (produced by Dr. Dre)

Sick track, as expected.

That is one seriously sick track. We need more game and dre!!!!

Without 50 there would be no game...50 wrote a good chunk of the documentary....His biggest songs wouldn't of been big without 50...50 saved him...50 is head and shoulders above game in every lane...50 only took jabs at him...5o went on to have number 1s...Game is not even worthy of a comparison to 50

jz-+-kanye.jpg

You are delusional stan man, I'm genuinely laughing out loud here :pac:

Did you miss my reply to this on the previous page? :rolleyes:

What do you think of 'Dead People' anyway?

Shows what you know, but again your lack of knowledge is forgiven, because the reply was so insignificant and sucked so bad it was quickly forgotten about.

ill just leave this here then..

Your clearly the one with lack of knowledge , hence not replying to the rest of my comment. They never took game seriously , 300 shots was more a piss take than anything they barely mentioned him.

The title stop b*tching stop crying says it all, 50 never gave this chap the light of day. game sold records off his name with or against him.

I'm sorry 50 I'm sorry ... Says who actually came out on top.

Prettyboy I don't usually reply to spammers , I.e a few posts ago when you ignored my comment about spamming your own thread. P.s I taught dre fell off :D

Your clearly the one with lack of knowledge , hence not replying to the rest of my comment. They never took game seriously , 300 shots was more a piss take than anything they barely mentioned him.

The title stop b*tching stop crying says it all, 50 never gave this chap the light of day. game sold records off his name with or against him.

I'm sorry 50 I'm sorry ... Says who actually came out on top.

Prettyboy I don't usually reply to spammers , I.e a few posts ago when you ignored my comment about spamming your own thread.

No i just thought seeing as the very first part you wrote was absolute waffle I assumed (and assumed correctly) that the rest was so i wasnt gonna respond to something you cant even back up.

Of course you'd say that..cause when push came to shove he got lyrically crushed!! nobody can deny what 300 bars did to g-unit. If he didnt want to respond he wouldnt have. Fact is he did numerous times and still got absolutley owned!!!. Everything after GRODT was terrible.

Also to reply to the number #1 comment Lets look at the facts

(The Documentary) The album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart

(Doctor's Advocate) The album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200

(L.A.X) The album, which has received favorable reviews from critics, debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200 chart

(R.E.D) The album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart

And for 50??

(Get Rich or Die Tryin') debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200,

( The Massacre) The album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart

(Curtis) Curtis debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200 chart

(BISD) the album debuted at number 5, according to Billboard

No that cant be right!!! can it??? Games had more No1 Albums than 50?? really?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MOD NOTE: For the last time, enough of this nonsense. There is more stuff about 50 Cent in this thread than there is discussion about The Game's latest offering.

This is an official warning that there will be bans issued if this continues on this thread or other threads.

• Advertisement

P.s I taught dre fell off
    Hahaha you literally can't admit that you like it, can you? Forget about the politics - never mind who's rapping or who produced it, I just asked what do you think of it.

It wouldn't matter what music Game put out, you'll never admit that it's good and that you like it. You're a closet Game fan mate, you claim that you haven't liked any of his music since 2006, yet every time he releases a new song or his name is mentioned in the media you're the first one to talk about it here, despite the fact that he hasn't released anything good in 6 years according to you? Something's not right there. You're literally obsessed with the guy.

The 50 Cent beef happened in 2005 - 7 years ago - and you're still talking about it. Move on. Game's released two #1 albums since then and 50's released a couple of albums that did OK on the charts too. Just move on man.

So, back to the topic, what do you think of 'Dead People'?

Advertisement