Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game [Jesus Piece]

Options
  • 19-11-2012 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

The snippets for The Game's new album Jesus Piece have been released on iTunes.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/jesus-piece-deluxe/id577705255

game-jesus-piece-cover.jpg

I haven't listened to them myself, I'm waiting for the album to be released but just said I'd share the link for anyone that might be interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Here is the youtube version. Some sound like the could be alright, some sound absolutely awful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

iv listened to them and im liking some of the instrumentals a lot, sounds good i must say. The jamie foxx song is out in full released by game, hallelujah has potential to be a lot better, kind of fizzles out imo.

the black jesus and holy water mixtape songs are nice too. Im liking the vibe/sound from the snippets, i just hope he brings it lryically and he's not too predictable in his rhymes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Some of them beats sound great!! and that dead people track sounds excellent too..I didnt have high hopes for this but there may be a few tracks that make it onto my mp3 player after all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

It is 2012, the Cobain line was not even still clever in 1996.

It is 2012, the Cobain line was not even still clever in 1996.

What do you mean?

Anyone noticing a change in games voice too on recent songs? Don't know if its purposely or not but its noticeable IMO.

• Advertisement

Game had a blow your mind line like kurt cobain, which was barely clever 15 years ago.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Anyone noticing a change in games voice too on recent songs? Don't know if its purposely or not but its noticeable IMO.

Yes, I notice it in every song. It's like he is switching up his vocals to match either who he is on track with or to mimic someone else. In that Hallellujah song, it's a cross between Nelly and Kanye. Mainly Kanye, but for some reason he has thrown in a Nellyish southern twang.

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Yes, I notice it in every song. It's like he is switching up his vocals to match either who he is on track with or to mimic someone else. In that Hallellujah song, it's a cross between Nelly and Kanye. Mainly Kanye, but for some reason he has thrown in a Nellyish southern twang.

I know he jacks other rappers style the whole time anyway but this time it honestly sounds like he's losing his voice or something.

The song featuring 2chainz and jeezy is out and it's by all means horrible, expected nothing else with those 3 on the same track.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

The song featuring 2chainz and jeezy is out and it's by all means horrible, expected nothing else with those 3 on the same track.
    A song with 2Chains and Jeezy..?? What's it called?

A child, a **** rapper and the Game? That's what I'd call it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

A child, a **** rapper and the Game? That's what I'd call it.
    Or for short, ****

Genuine question, I'm actually not aware of any track with the three of them on there..?

sorry lads its not 2chainz on this track its a fella by the name of future, he has a pretty big buzz in america atm hence game reaching out. so many features on it im losing track but 2chainz is it on the album somewhere. This I remember track is on the deluxe version.

sorry lads its not 2chainz on this track its a fella by the name of future, he has a pretty big buzz in america atm hence game reaching out. so many features on it im losing track but 2chainz is it on the album somewhere. This I remember track is on the deluxe version.

The song's been out for 3 or 4 months now, try to keep up man, but yeah it features 2 other rappers and yeah it's ****e.

Still less features than Big Bois album.

He released it as part of the good Sunday service, it's a confirmed track on the album taught you would of posted it.

Conor stop comparing game to big boi.

He released it as part of the good Sunday service, it's a confirmed track on the album taught you would of posted it.
    No, the song leaked in August, 3-4 months ago, he released the VIDEO for it a few weeks ago and it's a bonus track on the deluxe versions (available in USA only).
    Conor stop comparing game to big boi
    He's not comparing Game to Big Boi, he's comparing features to features.

It's still on the album , that's all that matters here.

You should tell Conor then that game needs them and its no good comparing his situation to other artists. All you have to do is look at the tracklists for his previous albums and mixtapes. He's barely capable of spitting more than one verse anymore never mind not being able to consistently make a decent hook.

Btw the constant bum licking towards young money and Lil Wayne is pathetic , he's really desperate to get a deal with them. Whatever happened to bws? They never even had a successful artist or album.. Rep your own brand game.

You should tell Conor then that game needs them and its no good comparing his situation to other artists. All you have to do is look at the tracklists for his previous albums and mixtapes. He's barely capable of spitting more than one verse anymore never mind not being able to consistently make a decent hook.

Btw the constant bum licking towards young money and Lil Wayne is pathetic , he's really desperate to get a deal with them. Whatever happened to bws? They never even had a successful artist or album.. Rep your own brand game.

It's odd how much Game annoys you, it almost seems personal.

You hate him so much but you just can't stop talking about him :pac:

228304_10150193048344670_6078141_n.jpghaters-gonna-hate.gif

Well it's a bonus track on the American deluxe edition ONLY. It will literally not be available anywhere outside the US. And no album is judged by it's BONUS tracks anyway (ie. GKMC - did you hear any critics talk about the random bonus tracks on the deluxe edition?).

• Advertisement

whats great is you dont have an answer, truth hurts.

btw Its amazing how you ignore my positive comments and bite the head of me as soon as i say something negative that reflects the truth. im now rating the album on bonus tracks :rolleyes: get real son.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Lads, stop being a pair of bitches.

I'll probably be forced to listen to this album by the lads, cant say i'm looking forward to it. I wanna hear the track with Kanye and Common though.

whats great is you dont have an answer, truth hurts.
    Answer to what..? What's the question?
    Its amazing how you ignore my positive comments and bite the head of me as soon as i say something negative that reflects the truth. im now rating the album on bonus tracks :rolleyes: get real son.
    I do acknowledge your positive comments - you mentioned that you actually liked the Celebration track, despite the fact that it's a perfect example of everything you criticise Game over? It makes you sound like a hypocrite if nothing else.

Why do all the features bother you so much? You've made your views very clear on the subject but you still feel the need to say the same thing over and over and over again. Why? It comes across as slightly obsessive - you say Game fell off, his last few albums have been useless, he can't make a decent track without features, he's can't write a track without 50's help, he wasn't really shot, he's not a real blood, etc. but you still hang on every bit of new music/news even remotely related to him? It's more than a little bit odd.

You love to hate him.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Lads, stop being a pair of bitches.

I'll probably be forced to listen to this album by the lads, cant say i'm looking forward to it. I wanna hear the track with Kanye and Common though.
    Come on man, I'm trying to be as reasonable as possible and avoid any kind of argument but if I mention anything about Game you-know-who is always right there bitching about features. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but how hung up can one person be about features? It really, really bothers him. He's like a broken record, literally the same post over and over again.

On the subject Paddy, have you listened to the snippet of the Kanye/Common track? I haven't heard any of them yet but judging by the message boards 'Can't Get Right' and 'Dead People' seem to be the favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Still less features than Big Bois album.

Huge difference between Game and Big Boi though.

Game's features are by some of the worst rappers in the industry (bar Kanye, Common, JC, KL and Fab).

Big Boi has gone out and brought in people from different genres of music. He can blend them together. He can also dominate a track on his own. He could put a feature-less album and Game couldn't.

He probably has too many features on it, but I think he'll pull it off.

Answer to what..? What's the question?
    what ever happened to bws? they never had a succesful artist or album... why doesnt game promote his own brand instead of arse licking lil wayne,birdman and even mmg....

I do acknowledge your positive comments - you mentioned that you actually liked the Celebration track, despite the fact that it's a perfect example of everything you criticise Game over? It makes you sound like a hypocrite if nothing else.

but you dont :confused: and so what if i like celebration i happen to enjoy it. I dont judge music by who's on it, if i like a song i like a song end of. There's a nice vibe to celebration imo, despite me not liking most of the actual artists on it. Iv also said i like the sound of the snipps a lot but ofcourse thats ignored.
    Why do all the features bother you so much? You've made your views very clear on the subject but you still feel the need to say the same thing over and over and over again. Why?

because you seem to think he doesnt need features when he clearly does. You follow me around threads keeping up the arguement or trying to somewhat bait me out because you get upset about my opinion and you ask me why i repeat myself?

bottom line is the vast majority of his music has had a huge helping hand, id like to see him progress as an artist and not rely on other rappers because thats what he does.

you bash other artists like eminem etc and have no problem what so ever trying to convince us all he's fallen off but when someone dare's open their mouth about games beyond desperate situation its WW3 because of how upset you get.
    You love to hate him.

if this was true i wouldnt of supported his music since day one.
    Come on man, I'm trying to be as reasonable as possible and avoid any kind of argument but if I mention anything about Game you-know-who is always right there bitching about features

no good crying to paddy, if you were reasonable you wouldnt spam other threads keeping up the arguement and acting like a child.

He could put a feature-less album and Game couldn't.

1 - Maybe, but he has not his other solo album had as many features.
    2 - Potentially, we will have to wait and see both albums but if I had to bet I would say big bois will be better but my point was not comparing the 2 rappers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Huge difference between Game and Big Boi though.

Game's features are by some of the worst rappers in the industry (bar Kanye, Common, JC, KL and Fab).

Big Boi has gone out and brought in people from different genres of music. He can blend them together. He can also dominate a track on his own. He could put a feature-less album and Game couldn't.

It's fair to be said that Big Boi used a hell of a lot of features in the past though, speakerboxxx has a shít load of features on it, all be it they were good ones , jigga, killer mike, cee-lo and luda afaik.

Game is a fiend for features, there's no point in us debating it boys, we wont know why he does it until he's asked.

I actually remember me and one of the boys discussing how Dre, Snoop and Game always had a lot of features, be it on the hook or just contributing a verse, we only notice it more with Game because he releases more music than most.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I actually remember me and one of the boys discussing how Dre, Snoop and Game always had a lot of features, be it on the hook or just contributing a verse, we only notice it more with Game because he releases more music than most.

They are not the only ones. They use more than Rakim, 50 or Kendrick but a lot of rappers just have a lot of features and big boi is one of them. It alone says nothing about the rapper or the quality of the album.

• Advertisement

what ever happened to bws? they never had a succesful artist or album... why doesnt game promote his own brand instead of arse licking lil wayne,birdman and even mmg
    BWS is still there, same place it's always been? The reason it's never had a big artist or album is because it's never released an album? It's released a few mixtapes over the years as far as I know, it's not a major record label. Game isn't trying to be a record label mogul like Birdman nor is he trying to make BWS compete with Cash Money or the likes. What difference would it make if he started signing more artists to his label..?

Why are we talking about this? How is it in any way relevant to Game's new album? :confused:
    but you dont :confused: and so what if i like celebration i happen to enjoy it. I dont judge music by who's on it, if i like a song i like a song end of. There's a nice vibe to celebration imo, despite me not liking most of the actual artists on it. Iv also said i like the sound of the snipps a lot but ofcourse thats ignored.
    You've criticized the album before you've heard it purely because it has a lot of features. Despite the fact that you constantly bang on about Game falling off, having too many guest features and needing 50 to write his records for him you admit that you like the single, you like the snippets..for all you know you might like the album and you might like all the guest features?
    because you seem to think he doesnt need features when he clearly does.
    Need features to what? Make a commercially successful album? Yes. To make good music? No.
    bottom line is the vast majority of his music has had a huge helping hand, id like to see him progress as an artist and not rely on other rappers because thats what he does.
    Well he's never going to stop having features on his songs, he's been like that for the entirety of his career so far so if you're really hoping to see a change now or at some point in the future you're bound to be disappointed. His albums have a lot of features, he relies on other rappers, no one is saying otherwise or disagreeing with you..what's the problem?
    you bash other artists like eminem etc and have no problem what so ever trying to convince us all he's fallen off but when someone dare's open their mouth about games beyond desperate situation its WW3 because of how upset you get.
    I never "bashed" Eminem, I just gave my opinion on his recent music. Compare SSLP to his last three albums and tell me he's as good now as he was then. He's not (IMO). I don't think I'm alone in thinking that. He has a few good songs on Recovery but I just don't think it's a great album overall. FWIW his verse on 'No Love' is one of my favorites of his and I still believe he's one of the GOAT but most of his more recent stuff just doesn't impress me. Nothing to get hung up about. I still listen to SSLP all the time and I'm still looking forward to his new album. I'll give everything he releases a chance before I judge it.
    no good crying to paddy
    Crying to Paddy? FFS man no one is crying, he knows himself the two of us always wind up having the same old argument - I'm really trying to avoid it this time. The tracklist is there for everyone to see and we can all see that this album has a lot of features. No one is disagreeing or saying otherwise. There's no need for you to keep going on and on and on about them. We know they're there.

Advertisement