Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game [Jesus Piece]

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

No ones judging the album on sales but it is a reflection of how big and popular an artist is at any given time by all counts.

Ill have to agree here. I do think the album should have done better numbers perhaps 125k or thereabouts. Game needs off interscope though the advertisment,promo and marketing is just brutal over there. Say what you will about Young money/MMG im not a lover of either but they damn sure know how to get there artisits promoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

pone2012 wrote: »
    Ill have to agree here. I do think the album should have done better numbers perhaps 125k or thereabouts. Game needs off interscope though the advertisment,promo and marketing is just brutal over there. Say what you will about Young money/MMG im not a lover of either but they damn sure know how to get there artisits promoted.

is he gone from interscope now ? i heard an interview saying he loves the label and could possibly stay... jesus piece is his best album since doc advocate thats for sure, there's a few songs im really liking , like i said it has grown on me.

going to bump t.i's album tonight, seems to be dominating the forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

is he gone from interscope now ? i heard an interview saying he loves the label and could possibly stay... jesus piece is his best album since doc advocate thats for sure, there's a few songs im really liking , like i said it has grown on me.

going to bump t.i's album tonight, seems to be dominating the forums.

Agreed L.A.X had a few good tracks but the rest were forgetabble , and RED was his worst imo. Yeah he did mention that he likes the amount of freedom he has on the label. but im convinced with this album its the promo that kept the numbers so low.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Dr. Greenthumb

Gave this album a quick listen, some real good beats but as usual Game's raps are pretty average and nonsensical in some cases. I find it hard to take him seriously with all the name dropping.

As far as TI goes, he's got way more rapping ability than Game just not as much commercial appeal. Game is way more vocal and always talking about someone to keep himself relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

the first week sales are out he only sold 86k. I expected him to at least break the 100k mark, surprised a small bit on that one considering he had a successful single in celebration.

T.I's new album is expected to do 150-170k and he hasnt even got a successful single out. Records are not selling as much but if your on a major you'd still expect game to break the 100k mark with interscope backing him.
    80k for a major artist in game is fairly bad ... No ones judging the album on sales but it is a reflection of how big and popular an artist is at any given time by all counts.

Lads if you were expecting Game to do better numbers than he did then you clearly don't know what you're talking about. I'm going to go out on a limb and say I know a little bit more about Game than most here. The week before the album was released I predicted that Jesus Piece would sell 75-80k first week. I took all a number of factors into consideration - singles, videos, how they performed, label support, promotion, advertising, mixtapes, his last albums first week numbers, how other artists are selling, etc.

Sorry to be blunt but it's easy to say "he should have done 125k" when it really wasn't likely to ever happen. As far as I know Nicki Minaj had the biggest selling hip-hop album of 2012 with 253k. Rappers aren't doing the numbers they used to with the exception of a few major acts like Wayne, Drake, Kanye, Eminem, etc.

Game is not one of these major acts - he doesn't have the same kind of mainstream appeal, he has very little label support and the album did not receive any significant marketing or promotion. 1 single/video is not enough to push someone like Game over the 100k mark.

If sales are important to you then Wayne, Drake and Nicki are the ones you should be listening to. Maybe if Game signs to Cash Money his next album will sell more.

• Advertisement

Agreed L.A.X had a few good tracks but the rest were forgetabble , and RED was his worst imo. Yeah he did mention that he likes the amount of freedom he has on the label. but im convinced with this album its the promo that kept the numbers so low.

Ye i agree , Interscope have a history of late of bad promo, 50 is airing them out constantly over it.

I think it could be the fact it's his second album in one year too, might have played a role. He's not as relevant as he was in the mid 00s and a lot of what prettyboy says is right too.

I agree with you on red, I might sound harsh but that album was terrible especially considering the amount of time that was put into it. Lax I didn't like either , doc advocate I loved and the documentary well that's a stone wall classic.

Gave this album a quick listen, some real good beats but as usual Game's raps are pretty average and nonsensical in some cases. I find it hard to take him seriously with all the name dropping.

As far as TI goes, he's got way more rapping ability than Game just not as much commercial appeal. Game is way more vocal and always talking about someone to keep himself relevant.

Agree 100 per cent.

Iv literally been saying this for years but even though theres too many features and name dropping lyrics i just take Jesus piece for what it is now and that's a good album with some good music.

T.I arguably had one of the best verses of the year on in the A ... Nailed that beat so much. I'm a big t.i fan always liked his music even though he has been a bit sh*t since the prison release. It will be Sunday night by the time I get a chance to listen to the album due to work, I am looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    As far as I know Nicki Minaj had the biggest selling hip-hop album of 2012 with 253k.

Says it all really. Depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dandynamo

Nicki Minaj does release very mainstream music so people are obvoiusly gonna buy it. Game is also not as relevant as 04-06 same as 50. The days of gansta rap selling over 200k first week are gone. Its a shame artists like Nicki Minaj sell so high despite the lack of talent, but i guess promo, advertising aare more influencial than quality music or talent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Album is ok but Kenricks album beats this easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Only got around to listening to this recently, and I have to say it's a nice album. Really like the beat selection and the Christian theme, and I have to say, even though there was a lot of controversy over features pre-release, they almost all deliver and suit the tone of the album.

Highlights for me would be Ali Bomaye (banger), Jesus Piece, Hallelujah and All That.

8/10

Advertisement