Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game [Jesus Piece]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Hahaha you literally can't admit that you like it, can you? Forget about the politics - never mind who's rapping or who produced it, I just asked what do you think of it.

It wouldn't matter what music Game put out, you'll never admit that it's good and that you like it. You're a closet Game fan mate, you claim that you haven't liked any of his music since 2006, yet every time he releases a new song or his name is mentioned in the media you're the first one to talk about it here, despite the fact that he hasn't released anything good in 6 years according to you? Something's not right there. You're literally obsessed with the guy.

The 50 Cent beef happened in 2005 - 7 years ago - and you're still talking about it. Move on. Game's released two #1 albums since then and 50's released a couple of albums that did OK on the charts too. Just move on man.

So, back to the topic, what do you think of 'Dead People'?

Temp Ban for ignoring mod warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

This was on a mixtape, I was wondering why it was not on the album proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Im actually enjoying this album..even though i didnt expect as much considering RED wasnt great imho...there are 2 or 3 tracks that could be scrapped..the bonus tracks are great blood diamonds is a cool track and dead people is honestly some of his best work ever.

Dre needs to get back to where he was when he made that beat before we hear detox!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Dead people is nice , another banger production wise from dre this year. How people say he's fell off is mind boggling , Louis XIII was one the best instrumentals this year IMO.

Dre seems to be buzzing of late.

People hating on Dre will make Detox better. All 3 of his albums will feature him rapping about how he has not fell off.

• Advertisement

People hating on Dre will make Detox better. All 3 of his albums will feature him rapping about how he has not fell off.

If I need a doctor is anything to by then your right. As far as his production this year he's been spot on , Louis XIII by xzibit , any day by 50 and now dead people all 3 are good tracks and the production is a huge improvement on recent efforts the past few years like relapse.

Speaking of relapse this dead people song reminds of something em would rap about, very 3am ish as far the substance behind the song.

Kush and INAD wernt even dre beats ! Alex da kid etc he needs to stick with his own guns IMO.

It will be one of the better albums since 2000 whenever it comes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

This is the other bonus track called Blood of Christ. Loving this too..the beat goes hard as hell!!!! these bonus tracks should really have been on the album they're two featureless tracks and there two of the best on the album!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

300 bars wasnt even replied too, that was game riding the g unit wave he came in on. 50 never replied to game properly the same way he never replied to buck.

Without 50 there would be no game, 50 wrote a good chunk of the documentary aswell as co producing it and that's games best piece of work... His biggest songs wouldn't of been big without 50, am I right ? Dre couldn't make this fella successful on his own so he was put with 50, kurrupt, Knoc turnal have all said 50 saved him as he was without a doubt on the verge of being dropped.

50 is head and shoulders above game in every lane. Game can't write a hook , verses are beyond rubbish these days, needs feature after feature to fill his songs. 300 bars was a great diss song alright but honestly 50 only took jabs at him, game gave him all the publicity in the world.

As for 400 bars etc he's rapping about f*ck all incredibly hard to listen too. The so called man to kill g unit and 50 cent ? Right game that's why 5o went on to have number 1s while bws never had an artist or album released. That's why he is constantly saying sorry to 50 ? Wanting to be back in g unit a supposedly a label he killed lol. Games confused hes not sure if he wants to join young money,g unit or Mmg, One things for sure he's not talented enough to make his own label successful so as per usual tries to leach on someone else's parade.

Btw... Camera phone, celebration, aint no doubt about it etc ... I'd call them pretty pop aswell... But Iv no problem with artists releasing commercial like singles as long as the albums don't follow suit.

Game is not even worthy of a comparison to 50 , that's the man who saved his career and has the ability to make good music on his own back and not just singles.

I hope complex do another article highlighting games name dropping filler lyrics like they did the red album.

You are the world's biggest stan.

I bet you bought one of those 50cent vibrators a few years back and you use it while listening to GRODT through your SMS headphones and sipping vitaminwater while wearing a gunit thsirt.

It's a ****ing weird obsession.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Seaneh wrote: »
    You are the world's biggest stan.

It's a ****ing weird obsession.

Banned for personal abuse and ignoring mod on thread warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That Blood of Christ is a class tune, bit raw but has a great bit. I really have to put Jesus Piece in the car, give it a proper listen.

Not liking that blood of Christ, to be fair game is horrible on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

If I need a doctor is anything to by then your right. As far as his production this year he's been spot on , Louis XIII by xzibit , any day by 50 and now dead people all 3 are good tracks and the production is a huge improvement on recent efforts the past few years like relapse.

Speaking of relapse this dead people song reminds of something em would rap about, very 3am ish as far the substance behind the song.

Kush and INAD wernt even dre beats ! Alex da kid etc he needs to stick with his own guns IMO.

Wow. Three good beats in a year, after putting nothing decent out in ages before that.

That's really showing all the critics!

floggg wrote: »

Wow. Three good beats in a year, after putting nothing decent out in ages before that.

That's really showing all the critics!

What's ages ? In fairness it's not as if he's released an album or anything... He's produced a few bangers , if you listened to artists like bishop lamont you'd know this.

Wiggas say I fell off how ? my last album was the chronic :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

''See no evil'' is a sick tune urge anybody to listen to it one of my favourite game tunes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXXiR6hi7R0

about to buy the album now on itunes and the dead people track isnt on it? There's only one version of the album available too, bit strange. Its 9.99 with only 12 cuts...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Youtube converter :cool:

about to buy the album now on itunes and the dead people track isnt on it? There's only one version of the album available too, bit strange. Its 9.99 with only 12 cuts...

That is the reason I have not bought it yet, I am thinking of buying it on Amazon though.

http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Piece-Deluxe-Explicit/dp/B00AEJ1HK4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Is an actual CD though, and dead people is an itunes only track (like one of the tracks on GKMC iirc*). Bit of a shame though.

* County Building Blues and the 2 black hippy remixes are the ones I missed because he released several versions with different numbers of bonus tracks.

That is the reason I have not bought it yet, I am thinking of buying it on Amazon though.

http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Piece-Deluxe-Explicit/dp/B00AEJ1HK4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Is an actual CD though, and dead people is an itunes only track (like one of the tracks on GKMC iirc*). Bit of a shame though.

* County Building Blues and the 2 black hippy remixes are the ones I missed because he released several versions with different numbers of bonus tracks.

i went ahead and bought it, im just going to download dead people and that other bonus track. Its a bit of a joke alright, im also looking for 50's my life single and can only find the music video...

really thinking about buying big boi's new album aswell, just going through the samples here now.
    Youtube converter

im with eircom, i try not to download as much as i use too. You can hear the difference in sound imo though... if i had a hmv in my city id be buying cd's like i use too instead of itunes. The only advantage with it is i can download staright to my iphone/ipod, fairly handy.

• Advertisement

This is another reason I hope the music* industry dies quickly (as it currently is, as it will obviously not go away).

* movie and book industry too.

I have BB where I could (easily) download it but I want to pay but they still make it awkward, and when I buy books etc I need to buy a digital version too? Pfft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Dead People is an iTunes bonus track on the deluxe edition, deluxe edition is only available in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

about to buy the album now on itunes
    i went ahead and bought it

Sorry, I have to ask..why would you buy an album if you clearly don't like it?

There's too many just plain and simple bad verses and bad rappers on this. Some of the features actually ruin the songs, it's too clustered. The Ali bomaye track is destroyed by 2chainz and Ross , same with Sean and Wayne on all that.

I have to say it because its so noticeable is the amount of name dropping on just about every verse on the album, it's crazy. He must of mentioned just about everyone from shouting out g unit to referencing biggies death numerous times , he honestly has dropped a bucket load of names hence the majority of raps being about f*ck all.
    lyrically he is rubbish, his verses are so bad the last few years. His voice sounds like its on the way out or something and lastly i wouldnt say its clever at all what he's doing in terms of dropping names infact id say the opposite because its so repetitive and just filler in his verses.

He's been finished a few years now , too reliant on others and now thats not even working for him. Very medicore to poor album in fairness just like red,lax.
    Pathetic verse, name drops are filler , features are filler because he's not capable of spitting more than one or two verses.

Excuses excuses :D. A modern day chronic game called this , please stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Scared now, Ali Bomaye and Jesus Piece are absolute class tracks. I find myself hitting repeat after the 3rd one. I need to give the rest of the album a good listen.

Believe it or not it actually grew on me, I wouldn't call it great but there a few songs I like so it just worked out better to actually buy the album rather than the 3 or 4 that I wanted.

the first week sales are out he only sold 86k. I expected him to at least break the 100k mark, surprised a small bit on that one considering he had a successful single in celebration.

T.I's new album is expected to do 150-170k and he hasnt even got a successful single out. Records are not selling as much but if your on a major you'd still expect game to break the 100k mark with interscope backing him.

Sales :rolleyes: You are in the wrong thread for sales.

Sales :rolleyes: You are in the wrong thread for sales.

Defends everything lol ... I'm sorry Conor I didn't see a sales thread, it was general discussion to do with the album no need to get all stan on me again.

Sales mean nothing. TI selling that much says it all.

• Advertisement

Sales mean nothing. TI selling that much says it all.

It was just general discussion on the album if he done a mill out the gate it would of been highlighted. 80k for a major artist in game is fairly bad aswell as the red album struggling to even hit gold.

Nothing wrong with t.i that new album has being gaining a fair few plaudits , he's a bigger artist than game ATM and has been for a few years now. No ones judging the album on sales but it is a reflection of how big and popular an artist is at any given time by all counts.

Advertisement