Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game [Jesus Piece]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

look i wont bother replying to that , not out of ignorance but just to kill this arguement. If you dont agree with my opinion on game's music from now on dont reply to it and vice versa otherwise its just going to esculate like it always does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Likewise, I started this thread and I knew there was a good chance that this was going to happen all over again. I really don't want to go down this road again. I don't have any problem with you expressing your opinion on Game's music - that's what we're here to do - but it's the constant, never-ending, repetitive posts about the features...
    game has always relied on other artists its nothing new. Every single one of his albums are riddled with features, it's tiresome.
    A 12 cut album with that many features, just jumps on anyone who's relevant so desperate.
    last week it was features i guess this tracklist proves my point that he isnt capable of making a hit by himself or a hook for that matter.
    Clearly doesnt have the talent to create his own buzz so he hops on others, constantly licking their holes at every opportunity. Look at his features, its always for the best part who's popular at that given time.
    iv no problem with features, every single one of games albums are riddled with them, he cant even make a decent hook and these days isnt capable of spitting more than one verse on a track! even on his mixtapes.
    you know im right feature after feature
    you were clearly upset just like prettyboy that game so evidently makes music with a crutch. His album track list is pathetic
    your favourite rapper has fallen off the bike a long long time ago hence reaching out for features on just about every single song.
    sorry lads its not 2chainz on this track its a fella by the name of future, he has a pretty big buzz in america atm hence game reaching out. so many features on it im losing track
    game needs them and its no good comparing his situation to other artists. All you have to do is look at the tracklists for his previous albums and mixtapes. He's barely capable of spitting more than one verse anymore never mind not being able to consistently make a decent hook
    you seem to think he doesnt need features when he clearly does.
    1st single from games new album featuring just about everybody, horrible song.
    If you payed enough attention to game you'd relies he pretty much never does his own hooks, 9 times out of 10 he'll have a feature to do them.
    Dreams although credited with no feature has a feature watch the video and listen to the hook. Put you on the game fts timbaland on the chorus despite him not being credited.
    Too many features. We get it.

*Not quoting all of these posts to start trouble, just to show you where I'm coming from

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

The worst part is then ignoring other albums with as many songs with features like it is nothing. Also knowing nothing of bws but speaking like you do.

You can think he sucks thats fair enough, but you can't just moan about "too many" features when dozens of others do the exact same.

alright prettyboy il take the high road, i honestly couldnt be bothered posting previous comments from yourself spamming threads over this and previous arguements.

Everyone knows game needs features to make good music *period* not just commercial music. Next you'll be defending the constant name dropping lryics oh wait we've been there or his lack of ability to create a hook, oh yes we've been there too etc.

You'll defend him no matter what man, be honest.
    The worst part is then ignoring other albums with as many features like it is nothing.

Conor this arguement really doesnt need your co-commentary, trust me i know your hurt by my comments aswell but get over it.

The main thing here is game needs features, nobody has a problem with other artists using them so please stop comparing and making it out that your not. His album/mixtape tracklists are all i need to prove the point , nobody is talking about any other artists/situations here except yourself....

Nobody has a problem with rappers using features, it happens everyone loves when people collab but when it gets to the point where you can barely spit more than one verse on your own track never mind a hook, with the feature for the majority of songs just so happening to be commercially relevant you start to just wonder about someone's ability to make good music by themselves.

OK, features, we get it. You've said your piece over and over again - let's leave it at that.

• Advertisement

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    OK, features, we get it. You've said your piece over and over again - let's leave it at that.

it takes two to tango, il happily leave it as long as you dont follow me around threads with smug comments like before.

You'll defend him no matter what man, be honest.

Nice edit...the fact is I agree with you on most of the points you're making - yes, he is too reliant on features and yes, he does tend to collaborate with a lot of the more popular rappers. I agree with you. Am I still defending him?

You're just taking the whole thing too far, the constant bitching about the features, obsessing over them, literally saying the same thing over and over again - my earlier post proves that. He's not going to change, the album is recorded - it's done -the features are there and they're not going to change.

Get over it.

I also said big bois album is likely to be better, but that does not distract from the point that we will not know until we hear them both.

If there is such a thing as "too many features" then big boi has too many features. Just look at his two solo albums.

Nice edit...the fact is I agree with you on most of the points you're making - yes, he is too reliant on features and yes, he does tend to collaborate with a lot of the more popular rappers. I agree with you. Am I still defending him?

You're just taking the whole thing too far, the constant bitching about the features, obsessing over them, literally saying the same thing over and over again - my earlier post proves that. He's not going to change, the album is recorded - it's done -the features are there and they're not going to change.

Get over it.

the edit wasnt purposely done.

your saying now you are agreeing with me, the constant bitching back and forth were mainly replys to you and conor's comments on both this thread and the hip hop 12 thread. Im not obsessed , like i said it takes two to tango.

He went from saying this album would have no features and name dropping to possibly his most feature-ridden album yet. If i want to pull him up on it i will, its not aimed towards you so stop taking it personal all the time.

He went from saying this album would have no features and name dropping to possibly his most feature-ridden album yet. If i want to pull him up on it i will, its not aimed towards you so stop taking it personal all the time.

Honestly man if you really were a Game fan (which you claim to be) you'd know that you shouldn't believe everything Game says. As much as I like the guy even I can admit that he talks some ****e when he wants to. The quote you're referencing - the one about no name drops or features - was said in passing in a short home made video that appeared online about a year and a half ago. He said it almost jokingly. Nothing was ever said about it after that.

If you actually believed that there would be no name drops or features on the album then you deserve to be disappointed, you should know better.

There's features on the album - why you're so upset and distraught over them is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Seriously, do you lot ever tire of having the same bull**** arguments about game/g-unit/young money/rick Ross over and over again?

Because the rest of us do.

floggg wrote: »
    Seriously, do you lot ever tire of having the same bull**** arguments about game/g-unit/young money/rick Ross over and over again?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Not a fan.

Props to Cool and Dre though, but yeah in general not my style. Beat is nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

That beat is really nice actually.

possibly one of the worst beats iv ever heard from timbaland anyway game ft nipsey pretty cat song.

possibly one of the worst beats iv ever heard from timbaland anyway game ft nipsey pretty cat song.

Nearly as bad as that track 50 released with the guy from Maroon 5 lol :pac:

no need to start spamming your own thread with childish responses, you wanted to keep this thread strictly on the album topic so why the sly remarks?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Sounds like the beat for that Judas song was made with a cappuccino machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just heard "All That" (without BIG BOYS NEIGHBORHOOD all over it).

Sounds great. Hopefully more of the same on the album.

Was going good till Lil Wayne started squealing on it, honestly he ruins just about any song, Big Sean isn't far off either.

Nice beat though and vibe to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

New song from games album feat j.cole - not bad!

http://jcolenation.com/?p=4942

The whole albums leaked , il give it a blast tonight.

The whole albums leaked , il give it a blast tonight.

Think this has to be the latest leak of Game's career considering the album is in stores here tomorrow, I know he was on Big Boys show yesterday afternoon and they played the whole album..still, is it just me or are albums leaking later and later these days?

Think this has to be the latest leak of Game's career considering the album is in stores here tomorrow, I know he was on Big Boys show yesterday afternoon and they played the whole album..still, is it just me or are albums leaking later and later these days?

Ye I have noticed that myself ! .. I think it was that koolio chap who went crazy leaking stuff last year. I think he actually ended up leaking the red album too, it has calmed down a bit alright though.

Gave the album 3 spins last night. It's defiantly an improvement on the red album but tbh its not great at all.

There's too many just plain and simple bad verses and bad rappers on this. Some of the features actually ruin the songs, it's too clustered. The Ali bomaye track is destroyed by 2chainz and Ross , same with Sean and Wayne on all that.

I have to say it because its so noticeable is the amount of name dropping on just about every verse on the album, it's crazy. He must of mentioned just about everyone from shouting out g unit to referencing biggies death numerous times , he honestly has dropped a bucket load of names hence the majority of raps being about f*ck all.

Standouts for me Jesus piece and pray ft j cole because its one of the only tracks he doesn't go crazy dropping names.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

yet another album I looked forward to and was utterly let down

whiles its a bit better than DMX and Busta rhymes , it still only gets a 2/5 for me .

Not bad.

It has a lot of "name drops" but seriously, you don't get that is his style after 8+ years?!? Also a lot of them fit perfectly and cleverly in the songs, but I used to love her is just about a girl I suppose. There are a few pointless obvious shout outs to rappers he wants to sign with though.

Don't like "All That (Lady)" at all. "My album like a 'Rari, a lot of dope features" Yeah, except that song and to a lesser extent celebration. Much better with BT.

Looks like Game made a concious decision to do more hooks too. Obviously he has people in to do a lot of it, but he is on a lot of the hooks more than usual. The production is fantastic too, production rivals GKMC on first listen anyway.

Also if you ignore the feature list and actually listen to the album, the Game raps for most of it. The features are mostly singers or small parts.

Blood Diamonds should have been on the album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Listened to Jesus Piece (the song) with the lads earlier, Common kills it. The hook is gammy as fúck, i didnt get it, Game sounded like he was fresh out of New Orleans or something it was horrible.

Nice beat by kanye though, i was liking that.

Advertisement