Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Enough is Enough' - Lance Armstrong

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

No
    I suppose it will come as no surprise due to the arrogance of the man but it has been reported here: http://www.businessinsider.com/lance-armstrong-trying-to-settle-with-former-sponsor-2012-11 that Lances attorneys have attempted to settle the lawsuit with SCA Insurers and offered them $1 million!!! Which they laughed off (considering he owes them $11,000,000).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Ha, who knew, the Picture Upload service Mobli that he used to post that image is part owned by ...... Armstrong ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

No
    corny wrote: »

The last cog in the 'con' wheel just fell off !!

/ie. evidence that he gave two fcuks about anybody all along

No
    would it be going too far to suggest his trolling pic would be similar to Bernie Madoff posing sitting on a pile of cash?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

would it be going too far to suggest his trolling pic would be similar to Bernie Madoff posing sitting on a pile of cash?!!

I think when we look back, it'll be seen as the beginning of the end. A Nero fiddling while Rome ...... kinda thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,754 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

The beginning of the end? Surely that happened the moment the USADA released the report?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

No
    Walsh's new book out in time for Christmas. I'm liking the "it'll read like a detective thriller" line from the publishers.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/david-walsh-to-release-armstrong-book-seven-deadly-sins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭C3PO

happytramp wrote: »
    Walsh's new book out in time for Christmas. I'm liking the "it'll read like a detective thriller" line from the publishers.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/david-walsh-to-release-armstrong-book-seven-deadly-sins

Surely the least surprising bit of "news" for some time! Looking forward to it all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

No
    Spoof on McQuaids proposed hotline for cyclists

Quite like this esp the end

http://soundcloud.com/velocast/uci-doping-hotline

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DeadMan1

No
    happytramp wrote: »

I'm sure to buy it, but do you reckon there'll be anything new in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

No
    DeadMan1 wrote: »
    I'm sure to buy it, but do you reckon there'll be anything new in it?

It'd be interesting to see what Walsh went through in his pursuit of Lance. He might have a few more people on the record now that weren't before. It'll surely be a rush job though unless he's been sitting on it for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

did half hear that one of our esteemed members will be on Newstalk this evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

No
    uberwolf wrote: »
    did half hear that one of our esteemed members will be on Newstalk this evening?

Herr-Doktor McGrane was on Off the Ball (around 7.38pm if that helps find it).

Not sounding mad positive about the idea of getting a CI EGM, but hopeful about the UCI independent review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

No
    Action Bikes in the UK, book sale, Chasing Lance, Was: £8.99, Now: You choose the price
    Interesting to see how much people will pay :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭catch.23

No
    Action Bikes in the UK, book sale, Chasing Lance, Was: £8.99, Now: You choose the price
    Interesting to see how much people will pay :)

The £1 delivery is too much tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

No
    drogdub wrote: »

hmmmmmmmmmmm. is it?

any rider who says anything other than "it was patently f**king obvious" is being economical with the truth.

And any rider moaning about being under suspiscion after cycling turned some magical corner in 2006 is living in a dream world.

If these lads are clean the need to say.
    1. Yeah it was obvious to anyone especially us riding against the chap that he was doped to the gills.
    2. Fair enough if you think we were still doped to the gills, given that the entire sport was awash with drugs.

Anything other than that is mealy mouthed wishy washy doublespeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭12 sprocket

hmmmmmmmmmmm. is it?

any rider who says anything other than "it was patently f**king obvious" is being economical with the truth.

And any rider moaning about being under suspiscion after cycling turned some magical corner in 2006 is living in a dream world.

1. Yeah it was obvious to anyone especially us riding against the chap that he was doped to the gills.
    2. Fair enough if you think we were still doped to the gills, given that the entire sport was awash with drugs.

Pete are you sure that people can always tell if others are doping? I presume you race so have you ever thought people you were racing wiith were clearly doping?

No
    hmmmmmmmmmmm. is it?

i take your highlighted point but bare in mind Cadel was speaking broadly about Armstrongs team more so than the man himself. If he comes out and says they were all doped to the back teeth, he leaves himself open for lawsuits by any clean members of that team during that era. It might be a small number but it's still a risk.

Even on boards.ie we can't as posters come on and accuse anybody of doping in the absence of a positive test. Which is quite right in one respect; it's not fair to have trial by internet or have aspersions cast upon people with no "proof". On the flip side it's that sort of logic and legal minefield which helped to enforce the Omerta over so many years. The fact people couldn't come out and publically voice suspicion or concerns about riders for fear of repercussions.

Cadel still has to tread carefully with his comments. Nobody, including Wiggo, Cav etc has come out with a sweepingly obvious statement like the one you think they should give. I could almost guarantee they are thinking along the same lines as you though.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,532 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No
    I would add that even if someone was pretty certain that someone else was doping, without irrefutable evidence it they would/will be taking risks exposing the individuals, as a doper could still successfully sue (as indeed Armstrong clearly did) - we are talking about a legal test that's typically "on the balance of probablilities" if someone sues for defamation, not "beyond reasonable doubt".

No
    Maybe not the right place but

http://www.tdwsport.com/en/imagedesk/image-details/id/182814

I am intrigued by the body language .....team building ??/

Looks like a stand off to me....
    Maybe Bertie read the article in the Indo ..."If you dope you only have yourself to blame"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

No
    ^^
    Nico: "Bonjour Bertie, conas ata tu ?"
    Bertie: "Ta may go mahh Nico, btw this is the rendezvous point for the 'steaks' "
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

No
    Classy, French anti doping chief says Sarkozy forced him out of a job at Lance Armstrongs request link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

No
    MPFG wrote: »
    Maybe not the right place but

http://www.tdwsport.com/en/imagedesk/image-details/id/182814

I am intrigued by the body language .....team building ??/

Looks like a stand off to me....
    Maybe Bertie read the article in the Indo ..."If you dope you only have yourself to blame"

Body language? What exactly are you seeing there?

No
    This is my interpretation of the body language
    There are certain aspect to the body language that speaks of discomfort and lack of trust
    There is the distance between them ….which suggests strangers…which is very unusual after 3 or 4 days of team building. There is the mirroring….Roche mirrors the way Contador is sitting …which you would expect as Roche is new and Contador is of higher status and Roche is deferring to the boss …but Contador does not reciprocate this gesture and leans back out of the situation
    Their faces are not turned to each other which suggests lack of any bond and Contador is looking into the distance …which suggests he would rather be somewhere else rather in this particular moment
    You could say that maybe Contador is shy or cagey of new members….but this is a team building /getting to know you exercise …..but I don’t think the body language reflects this aim…Of course they don’t have to be friends but this picture reflects a lack of any warmth or comfort in each others’ company…..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

No
    There are certain aspect to the body language that speaks of discomfort and lack of trust
    There is the distance between them ….which suggests strangers…which is very unusual after 3 or 4 days of team building. There is the mirroring….Roche mirrors the way Contador is sitting …which you would expect as Roche is new and Contador is of higher status and Roche is deferring to the boss …but Contador does not reciprocate this gesture and leans back out of the situation
    Their faces are not turned to each other which suggests lack of any bond and Contador is looking into the distance …which suggests he would rather be somewhere else rather in this particular moment
    You could say that maybe Contador is shy or cagey of new members….but this is a team building /getting to know you exercise …..but I don’t think the body language reflects this aim…Of course they don’t have to be friends but this picture reflects a lack of any warmth or comfort in each others’ company…..

Or maybe they're just sitting beside each other taking in the view, and then got awkward when someone shoved a camera in their direction and said "lads, giz a smile"?

No
    Or maybe they're just sitting beside each other taking in the view, and then got awkward when someone shoved a camera in their direction and said "lads, giz a smile"?

You may be right but can I refer you to the following video - the section , 2 minutes 30 sec to 3min 30 sec.....just saying !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwaHJj4DM2A&feature=fvwrel

No

Are you a life coach by any chance?

No
    Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Are you a life coach by any chance?

No ...I have a degree in Mathematics and I work as an operational researcher

No
    No ...I have a degree in Mathematics and I work as an operational researcher

Ok. Just saw a lot of language that I recognised in your assessment.

• Advertisement

No
    Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Ok. Just saw a lot of language that I recognised in your assessment.

Oh ...so you're a life coach then ??

I could do with one of those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭furiousox

No
    Oh get a room and assess each other's body language you two! :D

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Is that you Dr. Lightman ?

No
    Junior wrote: »
    Is that you Dr. Lightman ?

No. Haven't you seen this? He is smaller than me!

:pac:

No
    furiousox wrote: »
    Oh get a room and assess each other's body language you two! :D

Eeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmmm
    as long as he is a fast cyclist as my husband is a great shot :D

No

Eeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmmm
    as long as he is a fast cyclist as my husband is a great shot :D

Very fast indeed. The fastest in my house in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

No
    Sean Moncreiff is going to be talking to Tyler Hamilton in a few minutes on Newstalk!
    http://www.newstalk.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Hamilton appears to be in the studio in Dublin!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 357 ✭✭ballygowan1

No
    Would love to meet the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,754 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I would love to meet him as well. Ask him face to face just why he is making up all these terrible lies and untruths about our hero Lance.

Just bitter is all he is, bet he is bent half over trying to carry that chip on his shoulder. I bet him and Landis made up all these stories while Lance was busy on the podium, and of course taking those 500+ drug tests.

Well Tyler, while you were out walking your dog, Lance was out on his bike (ref the Nike ad) so that's why he beat you. Time to build a bridge mate.

Maybe he was only 'offering' you the drugs to see what you would do. Seems once you accepted you were sent packing (well after a few successful seasons I'll admit....but sent packing nonetheless!) You obviously didn't have the inner strength that LA has to stand up to the bullies and beat all those evil drug takers.

Go Lance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

No
    Leroy42 wrote: »
    I would love to meet him as well. Ask him face to face just why he is making up all these terrible lies and untruths about our hero Lance.

Just bitter is all he is, bet he is bent half over trying to carry that chip on his shoulder. I bet him and Landis made up all these stories while Lance was busy on the podium, and of course taking those 500+ drug tests.

Well Tyler, while you were out walking your dog, Lance was out on his bike (ref the Nike ad) so that's why he beat you. Time to build a bridge mate.

Maybe he was only 'offering' you the drugs to see what you would do. Seems once you accepted you were sent packing (well after a few successful seasons I'll admit....but sent packing nonetheless!) You obviously didn't have the inner strength that LA has to stand up to the bullies and beat all those evil drug takers.

Go Lance!
    Oh FFs

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

No

Go Lance!

Hell Yeah

You the MAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

No
    shaka wrote: »
    Oh FFs

I'm not sure if your sarcasm detector is broken, or if it's double-sarcasm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

No
    Here's the Moncreiff/Hamilton item:
    http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/46/monday/4/?uniqueID=177533

Starts at 4:05.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

No
    Wasn't anything new from that today - promo work for the book tis all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

No

Go Lance!

Must be a mis-post. The 'row' thread is this-a-way >>>http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056815898

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

No

Go Lance!
    How much is lance paying u, and how long are you on one of his drug plans.. How could Lance have won everything without doping while everyone around him was also off there f***ing faces?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

No
    How much is lance paying u, and how long are you on one of his drug plans.. How could Lance have won everything without doping while everyone around him was also off there f***ing faces?.

Stop being such a hater! If all you want to do slag is slag Lance off then you shouldn't even be on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

No

Livestrong and prosper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

No
    Pharmstrong and cheat :)

Advertisement