Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Enough is Enough' - Lance Armstrong

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

No
    Maybe not the right place but

http://www.tdwsport.com/en/imagedesk/image-details/id/182814

I am intrigued by the body language .....team building ??/

Looks like a stand off to me....
    Maybe Bertie read the article in the Indo ..."If you dope you only have yourself to blame"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

No
    ^^
    Nico: "Bonjour Bertie, conas ata tu ?"
    Bertie: "Ta may go mahh Nico, btw this is the rendezvous point for the 'steaks' "
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

No
    Classy, French anti doping chief says Sarkozy forced him out of a job at Lance Armstrongs request link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

No
    MPFG wrote: »
    Maybe not the right place but

http://www.tdwsport.com/en/imagedesk/image-details/id/182814

I am intrigued by the body language .....team building ??/

Looks like a stand off to me....
    Maybe Bertie read the article in the Indo ..."If you dope you only have yourself to blame"

Body language? What exactly are you seeing there?

No
    This is my interpretation of the body language
    There are certain aspect to the body language that speaks of discomfort and lack of trust
    There is the distance between them ….which suggests strangers…which is very unusual after 3 or 4 days of team building. There is the mirroring….Roche mirrors the way Contador is sitting …which you would expect as Roche is new and Contador is of higher status and Roche is deferring to the boss …but Contador does not reciprocate this gesture and leans back out of the situation
    Their faces are not turned to each other which suggests lack of any bond and Contador is looking into the distance …which suggests he would rather be somewhere else rather in this particular moment
    You could say that maybe Contador is shy or cagey of new members….but this is a team building /getting to know you exercise …..but I don’t think the body language reflects this aim…Of course they don’t have to be friends but this picture reflects a lack of any warmth or comfort in each others’ company…..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

No
    There are certain aspect to the body language that speaks of discomfort and lack of trust
    There is the distance between them ….which suggests strangers…which is very unusual after 3 or 4 days of team building. There is the mirroring….Roche mirrors the way Contador is sitting …which you would expect as Roche is new and Contador is of higher status and Roche is deferring to the boss …but Contador does not reciprocate this gesture and leans back out of the situation
    Their faces are not turned to each other which suggests lack of any bond and Contador is looking into the distance …which suggests he would rather be somewhere else rather in this particular moment
    You could say that maybe Contador is shy or cagey of new members….but this is a team building /getting to know you exercise …..but I don’t think the body language reflects this aim…Of course they don’t have to be friends but this picture reflects a lack of any warmth or comfort in each others’ company…..

Or maybe they're just sitting beside each other taking in the view, and then got awkward when someone shoved a camera in their direction and said "lads, giz a smile"?

No
    Or maybe they're just sitting beside each other taking in the view, and then got awkward when someone shoved a camera in their direction and said "lads, giz a smile"?

You may be right but can I refer you to the following video - the section , 2 minutes 30 sec to 3min 30 sec.....just saying !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwaHJj4DM2A&feature=fvwrel

No

Are you a life coach by any chance?

No
    Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Are you a life coach by any chance?

No ...I have a degree in Mathematics and I work as an operational researcher

No
    No ...I have a degree in Mathematics and I work as an operational researcher

Ok. Just saw a lot of language that I recognised in your assessment.

• Advertisement

No
    Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Ok. Just saw a lot of language that I recognised in your assessment.

Oh ...so you're a life coach then ??

I could do with one of those

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭furiousox

No
    Oh get a room and assess each other's body language you two! :D

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Junior

Is that you Dr. Lightman ?

No
    Junior wrote: »
    Is that you Dr. Lightman ?

No. Haven't you seen this? He is smaller than me!

:pac:

No
    furiousox wrote: »
    Oh get a room and assess each other's body language you two! :D

Eeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmmm
    as long as he is a fast cyclist as my husband is a great shot :D

No

Eeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmmm
    as long as he is a fast cyclist as my husband is a great shot :D

Very fast indeed. The fastest in my house in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

No
    Sean Moncreiff is going to be talking to Tyler Hamilton in a few minutes on Newstalk!
    http://www.newstalk.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Hamilton appears to be in the studio in Dublin!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 357 ✭✭ballygowan1

No
    Would love to meet the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I would love to meet him as well. Ask him face to face just why he is making up all these terrible lies and untruths about our hero Lance.

Just bitter is all he is, bet he is bent half over trying to carry that chip on his shoulder. I bet him and Landis made up all these stories while Lance was busy on the podium, and of course taking those 500+ drug tests.

Well Tyler, while you were out walking your dog, Lance was out on his bike (ref the Nike ad) so that's why he beat you. Time to build a bridge mate.

Maybe he was only 'offering' you the drugs to see what you would do. Seems once you accepted you were sent packing (well after a few successful seasons I'll admit....but sent packing nonetheless!) You obviously didn't have the inner strength that LA has to stand up to the bullies and beat all those evil drug takers.

Go Lance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

No
    Leroy42 wrote: »
    I would love to meet him as well. Ask him face to face just why he is making up all these terrible lies and untruths about our hero Lance.

Just bitter is all he is, bet he is bent half over trying to carry that chip on his shoulder. I bet him and Landis made up all these stories while Lance was busy on the podium, and of course taking those 500+ drug tests.

Well Tyler, while you were out walking your dog, Lance was out on his bike (ref the Nike ad) so that's why he beat you. Time to build a bridge mate.

Maybe he was only 'offering' you the drugs to see what you would do. Seems once you accepted you were sent packing (well after a few successful seasons I'll admit....but sent packing nonetheless!) You obviously didn't have the inner strength that LA has to stand up to the bullies and beat all those evil drug takers.

Go Lance!
    Oh FFs

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

No

Go Lance!

Hell Yeah

You the MAN

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

No
    shaka wrote: »
    Oh FFs

I'm not sure if your sarcasm detector is broken, or if it's double-sarcasm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

No
    Here's the Moncreiff/Hamilton item:
    http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/46/monday/4/?uniqueID=177533

Starts at 4:05.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

No
    Wasn't anything new from that today - promo work for the book tis all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

No

Go Lance!

Must be a mis-post. The 'row' thread is this-a-way >>>http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056815898

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

No

Go Lance!
    How much is lance paying u, and how long are you on one of his drug plans.. How could Lance have won everything without doping while everyone around him was also off there f***ing faces?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

No
    How much is lance paying u, and how long are you on one of his drug plans.. How could Lance have won everything without doping while everyone around him was also off there f***ing faces?.

Stop being such a hater! If all you want to do slag is slag Lance off then you shouldn't even be on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

No

Livestrong and prosper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

No
    Pharmstrong and cheat :)

Advertisement