Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

What was the story with the car crash? Don't see how that ties in with the rest of the story? Is it just used to show he is making mistakes, pressure getting to him or will there be about it? some part of the plot? I was half wondering was he going be arrested for drink/drug driving and then the Special Branch question him about him hanging out so much with Dano and The Ra.

Next scene he is back offering Dano lifts home. Did he buy a new motor?

the drugs he took for the interrogation wit dano caught up with him. maybe the ditched car gets impounded and bugged by the gardai to be found when repaired so that he thinks hes been bugged all along and forces more erratic behaviour from nidge

What was the story with the car crash? Don't see how that ties in with the rest of the story? Is it just used to show he is making mistakes, pressure getting to him or will there be about it? some part of the plot? I was half wondering was he going be arrested for drink/drug driving and then the Special Branch question him about him hanging out so much with Dano and The Ra.

Next scene he is back offering Dano lifts home. Did he buy a new motor?

Magic number plates go from 09 to 05 and back. Frans Hiace converted from a left wheel drive to a right wheel drive last week and even though Elmo was looking in the mirror i could have swore the scar wasnt at the side of the face it should have been at.
    :D

But for all that..for all the continuity errors, this show kicks some serious ass. Good tv gets people talking, gets people debating and Love/Hate certainly does that. It shocked me on one or two occasions in S1, really upped the ante in s2, but this is breaking whole new ground altogether in s3. Well done RTE. I see ITV are part funding it similar to the arrangement with Single Handed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,003 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Air bag popped they are a pain in the arse to fix!!

so true ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Very good episode. Hard to watch in places but also pretty funny. Nidge telling your mans wife he crashed his car totally cracked me up.

Oh and Charlie Murphy was excellent again. When she gets all teary-eyed my heart breaks a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Magic number plates go from 09 to 05 and back. Frans Hiace converted from a left wheel drive to a right wheel drive last week and even though Elmo was looking in the mirror i could have swore the scar wasnt at the side of the face it should have been at.
    :D

But for all that..for all the continuity errors, this show kicks some serious ass. Good tv gets people talking, gets people debating and Love/Hate certainly does that. It shocked me on one or two occasions in S1, really upped the ante in s2, but this is breaking whole new ground altogether in s3. Well done RTE. I see ITV are part funding it similar to the arrangement with Single Handed?

At the start tonight the lad who was bitten by Git had the scars on the wrong side of his face but they re-appeared again on the other side later on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Ciaran_B wrote: »

Oh and Charlie Murphy was excellent again.

Actually, the stand out performance so far in Series 3

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

Happyman42 wrote: »
    the 'discovery' by Elmo of Darren's motive. How the feck did he twig that?? :rolleyes:

Because Darren was acting squirrely, he caught darren looking weirdly at him and most importantly darren never asked him about the bitemark on his face which is the very first thing someone would ask about unless they already knew what had gone down. At that point Elmo thought he was being clipped for the brawl in the pub. When darren said it was because git was missing Elmo stated honestly that he had nothing to do with it. He then saw from Darrens reaction that Darren already knew that and put 2 and 2 together to realise that nidges gang had bumped off git for some reason and that he was a convenient patsy.

Was watching it on RTE 1 +1 there now and it was just before the scene where Darren and the young one were making their way to the cousins house. i found it hard enough to watch the first time but i honestly found it so spine chilling i couldn't possibly watch it again.

An actual shooting with the blood and gore doesnt shock me but the whole context surrounding the shooting where in that moment Darren feels there is no other option and the girl knows her goose is cooked is quite simply disturbing. Yer man's shooting was pretty graphic beforehand. Camera work is fantastic this season. The production is clearly better funded.

I remember the shooting scenes in series 1 the camera was shaking all over the place. Didn't quiet capture the effect like tonight but i wont knock series 1 because it laid a strong enough base for season 2 in terms of keeping people tuned in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Actually, the stand out performance so far in Series 3

which ones charlie murphy?

At the start tonight the lad who was bitten by Git had the scars on the wrong side of his face but they re-appeared again on the other side later on.

I knew there was something funny about it but i thought maybe i was getting confused with the mirror.

• Advertisement

which ones charlie murphy?

Siobhan the girl who was raped last week. Talented young actress.

That's quite shockingly sloppy from a production point of view.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Was he not looking in the mirror at the beginning of the episode hence why it's looks like it's on the wrong side?

jonsnow wrote: »
    Because Darren was acting squirrely, he caught darren looking weirdly at him and most importantly darren never asked him about the bitemark on his face which is the very first thing someone would ask about unless they already knew what had gone down. At that point Elmo thought he was being clipped for the brawl in the pub. When darren said it was because git was missing Elmo stated honestly that he had nothing to do with it. He then saw from Darrens reaction that Darren already knew that and put 2 and 2 together to realise that nidges gang had bumped off git for some reason and that he was a convenient patsy.

Darren was being Darren, he wasn't acting anything. The 'looking wierdly' scene happened because Elmo was giving him the eye, Darren turned to see Elmo watching him. The nonsense we where asked to believe in that scene was an insult tbh. 'I'm tired, do it now' and then a minute later he sold out his cousin???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Was he not looking in the mirror at the beginning of the episode hence why it's looks like it's on the wrong side?

Yeah he was looking in the mirror.

Jason Barry a very good addition to the cast it must be said.

Whatever way the camera angle is for that scene confused matters :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

the 'discovery' by Elmo of Darren's motive. How the feck did he twig that?? :rolleyes:

When elmo looked at him I knew he knew, he knew the same way I knew he knew....

Ye just know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭upandcumming

john47832 wrote: »
    When elmo looked at him I knew he knew, he knew the same way I knew he knew....

Ye just know!

Yea, you always know when you're about to be clipped! Cunt of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pimlico

Fair point but to be fair i doubt many would go to work if they thought they would come back in a box.

I'm sure poor Anthony wouldn't have went to work that morning neither, if he thought that. Truth is he was only out working earning an honest shilling, he hadn't a clue what was going to go on. poor chap. R.I.P.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

RIP Elmos Cousin

A Cousin, A boyfriend, A Drinking buddy
    Always good for a pint , always first to do chores like answer the door
    It's hard to believe you are gone
    We did not get to know that well
    You died so Elmo could live.
    rest in piece

Also
    RIP His Girlfriend

Yea, you always know when you're about to be clipped! Cunt of thing!

Yes, you fear you are gonna be clipped so you roam the streets openly inviting potential 'clippers' for drinks even when they say they are heading elsewhere. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I knew there was something funny about it but i thought maybe i was getting confused with the mirror.
    That's quite shockingly sloppy from a production point of view.

It seems that some people are more focused on nitpicking than on enjoying the story. So focused that they miss the point entirely.

RainyDay wrote: »
    It seems that some people are more focused on nitpicking than on enjoying the story. So focused that they miss the point entirely.

The 'story' is as sloppy and unoriginal as the production values in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

He gets shot...
    ...then he gets shot....
    ........then he gets his nose broken......
    ...............then he gets shot.....
    .....................then she gets shot....
    ...........................and then the baby cries, oh so harrowing.....

The story? Guessing who gets shot next.

Yep, really enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

The 'story' is as sloppy and unoriginal as the production values in fairness.

Nice attempt to divert attention from your 'sloppy' error about the mirror. But seriously, why do you bother? Why do you bother watching, and spending so much time posting about, something that doesn't meet your high standards?

Is there another agenda here? A disgruntled competitor perhaps?

Nice attempt to divert attention from your 'sloppy' error about the mirror. But seriously, why do you bother? Why do you bother watching, and spending so much time posting about, something that doesn't meet your high standards?

I wasn't talking about the mirror, the 'wound' was mobile throughout. In the mirror shot it was on his cheek directly under his eye and large, in the pub it was smaller and higher up and to the right of his eye. Good production values would have seen to it that this wouldn't happen.
    When I see 'Love/Hate on RTE One Love-in' in the thread title I will feel compelled to stop giving my opinion of a significant Irish production. That ok with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Same queation as rainy day, why on earth do you keep watching if you don't like it? I dont like eastenders or coronation street bit I dont feel the need to try and wind up those that do.

Perhaps you could name a few TV shows you do like?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,030 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Gee Bag wrote: »
    Same queation as rainy day, why on earth do you keep watching if you don't like it? I dont like eastenders or coronation street bit I dont feel the need to try and wind up those that do.

Perhaps you could name a few TV shows you do like?

And same from me as well. It reallys seems to annoy you, why do you bother watching and then posting?

I'm enjoying it, did a marathon of S1&2 last week and think S3 is great, it's really got into its stride. It's littered with inconsistencies and continuity errors (and I wouldn't be the sharpest tool in the box for spotting these things I'll be the first to admit) but overall it's great and even challenging viewing. IMO, naturally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

+1
    really why bother is the question? If something is so below you and you clearly don't enjoy it why watch it at all, pîssing and moaning about the writing in this thread constantly. Honestly don't get this with some people, watch something you obviously don't appreciate or enjoy just to contribute forum page after page of píssing and moaning.

Suggestion: Go buy yourself a book (maybe an author who meets your high standards) read it, and leave the rest of us dimwits who are easily sold on Love/Hate's sub standard dialogue to just enjoy it for what it is...pure entertainment!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement