Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Catching up on this at the moment. You can see the lack of budget at times (godawful titles in Season 1) but the writing and generally decent acting really make up for it. Amazing that RTE can produce stuff like this yet still piss away most of their TV Licence money on utter garbage...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,099 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I cant see Dazzler making it out alive at the end of this season

• Registered Users Posts: 32 The outlaw

Went to buy the 2nd series yesterday as I missed it, and it was sold out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I know it's impossible to replicate in it's entirety, but the characters in this don't look or sound scummy or hard enough to come across as Dublin gangsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Have to say, I'm missing John Boy :(

• Advertisement

Caught up. :D

Nidge is far less likeable now that he's the top man, and tbh I can't see him surviving the season, he's far too reliant on Darren's ideas to stay on top for long. Fran's definitely spotting opportunities for himself.

Just finished the last thread....
    I'm not for a moment comparing Love/Hate to The Godfather. Darren as a character and an actor is seriously out of his depth. Its just the narrative arc seems to be leading to the downfall of Nidge and the rise of Darren.
    I can actually see it mirroring reality with them all dying in a hail of bullets, cutting to a 12 year old hoodie watching on with an Aiden Gillen like glint in his eye.
    Seriously good suggestion for an end to the final episode of this...

Then have him climb into the back of a flash car "Y'alreet Rosser?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Anyone listening to today fm there?the character who does Fran says in this series Fran has calmed down a lot,pity that.I reckon the writers didn't realise how much the public would be interested in Fran this series and missed the opportunity for him to be a good character.

Or else they wanted him to mellow out for some story we will see down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

If Nidge is heading for a downfall, I can see Tommy Dazzler replacing him or at least making an attempt. The murderously strong silent type always watching and learning - bit like a young John Boy....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Just checked Robert Sheehans IMDB, I wonder what his deal is with Love/Hate. Might be hard to bank on him being around for another series. H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,462 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

If Dazzler isn't there who would replace him? The show is about him really...yeah there's Nidge too but the show really pivots on Darren..John Boy and Nidge do the thinking but Darren's the one who is out doing what needs to be done. Who would replace him in season 4? Has to be someone playing his role within the gang...won't be Tommy or Fran. Tommy nearly seems afraid of Nidge, think Darren's the only one who challenges him..was squeezing money out of him the other night and Tommy was afraid to press the AIDS test issue.

Anyone see the Love/Hate memes pages on FB?

Example;

68295_139680079513519_1758783780_n.jpg

By the Darren f**ed up enough last week to be clipped at any minute....what will Elmo do next?????

Darren let Elmo live with the knowledge that he and his cousin were to be taken out to cover up for Tommy and Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

They should have more characters to their gang,surely the 4 lads can't be running the show by themselves!

They should have more characters to their gang,surely the 4 lads can't be running the show by themselves!
    There's also a huge network of hoodies on bmx's, dealers and elmos parents run the bank, the gang we see are the core members.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I cant see Dazzler making it out alive at the end of this season

Hard to know. I cant help feeling that Nidge deciding against shooting him last season has some significance. I have a feeling Dazzler will become leader of the gang yet.

dd972 wrote: »
    I know it's impossible to replicate in it's entirety, but the characters in this don't look or sound scummy or hard enough to come across as Dublin gangsters.

Tom Vaughan Lawlor who plays Nidge is unreal in my opinion. He comes fairly close. If he can put in a performance like that considering how different he is off screen then i believe there is greater things in store for him. Savage actor.

Cillian Scott (Tommy) not bad either though i think he is one of gang these members that is out of his depth. He isnt the sharpest tool in the box our Tommy. He was so busy riding Mary in Season 1 he forgot to pick up Dazzler and Mary's brother who ended up getting clipped. To top it off he killed the head of the local RA branch or at least sent him to the point of no return.

Sheehan is not able to play his part in the majority of occasions. The killing scene on Sunday he played well because he came across as cold and callous but in general he is poor. The scene with Elmo the other day and telling Nidge that Aido had been kneecapped. He looked like he couldnt keep a straight face.

Anyone listening to today fm there?the character who does Fran says in this series Fran has calmed down a lot,pity that.I reckon the writers didn't realise how much the public would be interested in Fran this series and missed the opportunity for him to be a good character.

Or else they wanted him to mellow out for some story we will see down the line.

Fran was an absolute total nutcase the last series. He is more or less playing Nidges role this season in that he is a gofer for the gang providing the comic relief. Wonder will he find out down the line about Nidge petrol bombing the wife or the bit on the side they had last series? Perhaps Dazzler could let it slip down the line.

There's also a huge network of hoodies on bmx's, dealers and elmos parents run the bank, the gang we see are the core members.

I remember that in the first series. They probably run it more efficiently then Anglo did :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭allblack

Folks anyone know Wat song was at end of show last Sunday? After killing of the cousin . Darren lying on couch. The reflection at end. Tune is in my head but cannot find what it is. Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I don't think it is fair that certain people get to ruin the very good discussion on this Irish master piece.

• Advertisement

deisedave wrote: »
    I don't think it is fair that certain people get to ruin the very good discussion on this Irish master piece.

Pain no doubt but look we'll move on. New thread (sort of) and new beginning :)

allblack wrote: »
    Folks anyone know Wat song was at end of show last Sunday? After killing of the cousin . Darren lying on couch. The reflection at end. Tune is in my head but cannot find what it is. Thanks in advance.

Think its this

Anyone see the 2 actresses on Craig Doyle? Nidge's wife Trish the Dish and Debbie? Paul Williams the crime writer was also on it talking about how Stuart Carolan has basically nailed the characters on the head in comparison to real life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

anyone know where i could get the first 2 eps of love/hate? season 3.i missed them and they are gone from rte player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

crazygeryy wrote: »
    anyone know where i could get the first 2 eps of love/hate? season 3.i missed them and they are gone from rte player.
    Available on DVD

Available on DVD

yea i knew that. i thought there night be individual eps available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

crazygeryy wrote: »
    yea i knew that. i thought there night be individual eps available.

There'd be nowhere legal, so no-one will be able to post here about where to find them.

as far as i can see there's no where legal or illegal lol anyway thanks for your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

You couldn't smash a litre bottle of Vodka over someone's head just like that. The bottle wouldn't break.

I've tried it. :p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

el diablo wrote: »
    You couldn't smash a litre bottle of Vodka over someone's head just like that. The bottle wouldn't break. I've tried it. :p

I think it's not realistic either... The bottle of vodka would have been the one thing he would have held dear at that hour... He would have hit him with the poor box or something else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement