Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Blay wrote: »
    Why did Fran look over at the digger?

He hasn't dug up the body or something for leverage over Nidge has he?
    It's funny, I was thinking when I watched the last episode that he might use the body to blackmail Nidge! Can't believe that Nidge would try it on with Dano's wife! All this talk about covering tracks and demanding Siobhan keeps her mouth shut and he's trying to get cosy with the IRA man's wife?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Blay wrote: »
    Why did Fran look over at the digger?

He hasn't dug up the body or something for leverage over Nidge has he?

Git will end up in Frans freezer yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think Danos misses is the finest of the flock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Jumboman wrote: »
    Tonights episode wasnt as good as the first one.

I thought it followed on very well from the first episode. Even I felt sorry for Elmo and Dazzler, and it takes an awful lot for that to happen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Its time RTÉ dropped the 'Brand new' spiel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Ah isint it great though lads?

Finally RTE have the balls to show stuff like this.

Once upon a time Miley and Fidelma having a moment in a bit of a hay stack was seen as pushing the boundaries in RTE. I think RTE should be applauded for stuff like this.

Major success, highly entertaining and hard hitting. Long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Shankly88

Disturbing to watch that episode tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

And then rip off true romance music. Hmmmm

Which is a total ripoff of Badlands ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

And then rip off true romance music. Hmmmm

Sounded more like the music from the mesmeric movie that is 'Badlands'

I think Danos misses is the finest of the flock.

Ay a fair oul Beor no doubt. I still miss Ruth Bradley though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Jumboman wrote: »
    Tonights episode wasnt as good as the first one.

The first episode exploded onto our TVs with massive anticipation. I think it was going to be next to impossible to keep the momentum going from that.

Saying that, i felt it was very good. I dont think they dropped the ball. I didint find it dip or my fingers stray on the remote (even on the adds). I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I would agree it wasint as explosive, but i fould it thoroughly enjoyable.

themadchef wrote: »
    Ah isint it great though lads?

Finally RTE have the balls to show stuff like this.

Once upon a time Miley and Fidelma having a moment in a bit of a hay stack was seen as pushing the boundaries in RTE. I think RTE should be applauded for stuff like this.

Major success, highly entertaining and hard hitting. Long may it last.

Hear Hear i totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Lapin wrote: »
    Anyone else think the trailer gives away a little too much ?

RTE do the same with a comedy show trailer, when you look at the actual episode you realise that the trailer was the funniest bit. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I enjoyed the slower pace tonight, the leading upto the hit which killed elmo's cousin and his girlfriend was just pure tension.

And it's safe to say that later in the season when the **** hits the fan, it will
    be all out war

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

does darren slip out of the dublin accent a lot?

only started watching it this season, is that intentional from his character
    living other places or just his real accent?

Very like the Anthony Campbell murder in a way. the girlfriend was just in the wrong place at the wrong time

Very like the Anthony Campbell murder in a way. the girlfriend was just in the wrong place at the wrong time
    I was thinking that too. They want to keep it truly believable.

wonton wrote: »
    does darren slip out of the dublin accent a lot?

only started watching it this season, is that intentional from his character
    living other places or just his real accent?

Darren (Robert Sheehan) is a portlaoise man but his accent has been rather 'Thespianised' to hear him give an interview.

Gits blood gurgling last week was hard to watch but Darren having to kill yer mans wife tonight was pretty disturbing. The shocking thing is neither of them could have had anything to do with gangland. it was a gunning down by reason of guilt by association.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Temaz wrote: »
    I enjoyed the slower pace tonight, the leading upto the hit which killed elmo's cousin and his girlfriend was just pure tension.

I enjoyed the slower pace tonight too. Last weeks ep was great, but they can't be bumping off leading IRA figures every week. Or can they?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

yeah me too.

it was a slower episode than lasts weeks but there was some serious shyte going on in it.

i think most of us saw elmo gettng scapegoated and nidge and the RA mans missus is a sure thing now.

the hit on elmos cousin was brilliantly done. i knew as soon as the girl saw him it was curtains for her. last season he'dve legged it but not this one. the negotiation on his "wage cut" afterwards showed whats important to him now.

still dont know where this series is going yet but some nice teasers at the end. fran is definetly up to something ! nidge is making mistakes and slipping up and poor siobhan. nice to see em follow up on what happed to her.

all in all enjoyed this one

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Anthony Campbell's mother always maintained that her son was in the right place at the right time.

Just doing his job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I'm telling ya, we're really starting to see Nidge's darker side. He'd be the one I'd be most scared of. The way he can act like a best friend on minute and then switch to that ruthless (can't think of a better word). He's so ruthless, you just get the feeling that he views everyone as being expendable, although didn't he say in the second series that the only person he cared about was his son? Can't wait for the next episode! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Tuned into this after seeing all the rave reviews.......plotline doesnt seem to stretch much beyond .....he gets killed....then he gets killed....the he gets nearly killed.....then he gets killed.......baby in the cot was just cliched........bit disappointing, not much to it.....

also, major hole in the plotline there.....he lets one lad off the hook cause he's innocent and has a baby kid; and so then he goes and kills both innocent parents of a young kid instead, doesnt add up.

cinematography is class though.

He had explained that he couldn't let them both go, it wouldn't have been believable that they both managed to do a runner on him.

He didn't know he was going to have to kill the girlfriend, but in saying that as soon as he did I think most were expecting to hear a cry from upstairs.

i was gonna say the music at the end reminded me more of the music at the end of "finding forrester"...

....then it turns out its the same one posted earlier . damn you cheap ass hollywood and your recycling of theme tunes !

:D

Lapin wrote: »
    Anthony Campbell's mother always maintained that her son was in the right place at the right time.

Just doing his job.

Fair point but to be fair i doubt many would go to work if they thought they would come back in a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

What was the story with the car crash? Don't see how that ties in with the rest of the story? Is it just used to show he is making mistakes, pressure getting to him or will there be about it? some part of the plot? I was half wondering was he going be arrested for drink/drug driving and then the Special Branch question him about him hanging out so much with Dano and The Ra.

Next scene he is back offering Dano lifts home. Did he buy a new motor?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Hitchens

What was the story with the car crash?

t'was only a shunt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Hitchens wrote: »

t'was only a shunt :)

Air bag popped they are a pain in the arse to fix!!

What was the story with the car crash? Don't see how that ties in with the rest of the story? Is it just used to show he is making mistakes, pressure getting to him or will there be about it? some part of the plot? I was half wondering was he going be arrested for drink/drug driving and then the Special Branch question him about him hanging out so much with Dano and The Ra.

Next scene he is back offering Dano lifts home. Did he buy a new motor?

think its just to show events are getting to him and he's slipping up.

he really is doing a stupid amount of coke this season and we havent seen his missus/family at all this episode. plus trying to bang the RA mans missus is stupid on a cosmic scale considering the situation with git.

the position of king nidge aint sitting easy with him and burning the candle at both ends seems to be his way of coping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Serious backward step tonight imo. None of the characters are going anywhere. RA guy is one dimensional, (a chip of the old block) and the cliches keep coming in bucket loads. The baby in the cot, the whore taunting, the ridiculous attempt at 'chemistry' between Nidge and the RA guys wife (the nightgown open ffs!) and the 'discovery' by Elmo of Darren's motive. How the feck did he twig that?? :rolleyes:

The only interesting support role wasn't in it. (Fran)

Sorry, it was closer to the Bill tonight than the series it is so plaintively trying to ape.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement