Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Sure POC probably won't be playing anyway. He didn't carry much for Munster in his first few games this season...just the odd close-in carry iirc.

Probably due to him being out on the wing...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭twinytwo

i would have liked to have seen ferris sob and henry play together just to see what damage they could have done...oh well:(

BTW.. what the feck is up with the black jersey we will be using against SA...i know its an alternative but why can we not use our away kit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

twinytwo wrote: »
    i would have liked to have seen ferris sob and henry play together just to see what damage they could have done...oh well:(

BTW.. what the feck is up with the black jersey we will be using against SA...i know its an alternative but why can we not use our away kit?

Wouldnt have happened anyway, if SOB and Fez were fit you'd see SOB at 7 wouldnt we ?

And there is no away jersey. Only an alternative which used to be white. Now we have a black one because all the cool kids have black jerseys these days. All about the monies. But I'll gladly hand over my monies as I think its a smashing jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Scioch wrote: »
    And there is no away jersey. Only an alternative which used to be white. Now we have a black one because all the cool kids have black jerseys these days. All about the monies. But I'll gladly hand over my monies as I think its a smashing jersey.

This jersey's a one off for the SA game. Heaslip tweeted it on November 2nd.

https://twitter.com/jamieheaslip/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Are South Africa the only team we have to change from green for?

Winters wrote: »

Yep, South Africa at home is the only time it will be used before the next world cup. May not even be needed in the WC either.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

We would have to change if we played Madagascar. (well I don't know what their jersey is like now, but it definitely used to have a good portion of green on it).

:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Mr.Opti

In International games if both team jerseys are the same colour the away team wears their normal jersey and the home team wears their alternative jersey. The next and only other time we will see the black jersey is if we play south africa again.

dregin wrote: »

I expect they would be bringing out a new kit for the next WC anyway and the jersey wont be used until then so upto then it technically will be the alternate kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭boksmashoffice

O'Brien is injured

With O Brien injured. Heaslip will have to have the game of his life. I think all the players wkill need to play out of their skins. I cannot see Ireland winning. The only way we will lose is if HM picks Steyn at 10 (high possibility). He will just kick the ball away. The last time we beat you was not a classic. It was a 10 man game with an intercept try by Juan Smith.

As an outsider living in Ireland, I can see there being massive problems if young guys are not developed and given a chance.

There has to be a core set of guys that the team is built up
    on. I get the feeling Kidney is in survival mode.

The Boks may have a similar issue where our coach does not want to use the best talent as is too reliant on his bulls group. That brand of rugby does not work without a Du Preez at 9 (the man is a genius).

Still am excited about saturday. GO BOKKE

Pat Lambie ran at flyhalf for most of the Springboks' training session (via http://keo.co.za ).” - Michael Corcoran

No clue who this Lambie chap is but I'm looking forward to getting a look at him with all the talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

No clue who this Lambie chap is but I'm looking forward to getting a look at him with all the talk.

Plays for the Sharks, only in his early 20s, can play in multiple positions and is very talented. He actually came of the bench against us in 2010 as far as I remember, might have been his debut.

I'm fairly certain that Lambie will start against Ireland. I read it last week (can't remember where but somewhere reliable).

Lambie is a very sharp young guy. There are real questions over his kicking though and I think Meyer wants to test him against us for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

dregin wrote: »

It'll only be used against SA because they're the only other country that wear green. And by the time we play them again at home there'll be a new alternative kit out.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭boksmashoffice

I'm fairly certain that Lambie will start against Ireland. I read it last week (can't remember where but somewhere reliable).

I would love lambie to start. He is the future along with Goosen (injured). he can kick and plays 10 at super rugby. The only way to know if he is made of the right stuff is to play him. HM has similarities to Kidney (stubborn git) sticks with his bulls players (kidney likes his munster players) according to the threads and my Irish mates down the pub (well the leinster fans).

Still can't wait for sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Lambie is a very sharp young guy. There are real questions over his kicking though and I think Meyer wants to test him against us for that reason.

That plus the fact Ireland is one of the easier tests for the Boks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

Pretty sure I heard on radio a few hours ago that Irish medic team think SF injury not as bad as thought and could be ok for Argentina but for the life of me can't find it. Any else hear to confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Heard something similar yes. No surgery required .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

Is it just me or does it seem like the IRFU are trying to keep relatively quiet about Steven Archer being called up? There's no mention of it on the website and i haven't heard it on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

RoundBox11 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does it seem like the IRFU are trying to keep relatively quiet about Steven Archer being called up? There's no mention of it on the website and i haven't heard it on the radio.

can you blame them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Maybe he hasn't been officially called up and is only training with them, to make up numbers in training or something?

It could very well be just a training thing. Like the way they brought Toner in last year to compete against the 1sts in the lineout despite him not being in the squad (I believe). Hilariously causing Thornley to get a team prediction wrong!

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Maybe he hasn't been officially called up and is only training with them, to make up numbers in training or something?

Yeah that's what i was thinking. It could be an indication that Fitzpatrick is looking like he'll be ok. If he was ruled out they probably would have announced the call up perhaps?

I think it was mentioned on this thread previously but guy with a good record on these things on PR is saying Zebo will be selected at 15.

Ok we have the full team now.

Zebo
    Bowe
    Earls
    D'Arcy
    Trimble
    Sexton
    Murray
    Heaslip
    Henry
    POM
    Ryan
    POC
    Ross
    Strauss
    Healy

danthefan wrote: »
    I think it was mentioned on this thread previously but guy with a good record on these things on PR is saying Zebo will be selected at 15.

I don't see how anyone could know the team when it most likely hasn't even been picked yet... Somebody mentioned that post last week, at which time theres no way it wouldve been picked.

I dunno i just don't buy it.

Anyway if Kidney was going to play one of our wings (excluding Earls) at fullback it'd be Bowe, seeing as he's the only one who's ever played there

I don't see how anyone could know the team when it most likely hasn't even been picked yet... Somebody mentioned that post last week, at which time theres no way it wouldve been picked.

I dunno i just don't buy it.

Anyway if Kidney was going to play one of our wings (excluding Earls) at fullback it'd be Bowe, seeing as he's the only one who's ever played there

Kidney doesn't pick his team from week-to-week.

I can't personally guarantee that's the team because it's second hand information but the guy has been correct numerous times in the past.

Edit - and he's not sure who the captain is.

danthefan wrote: »
    Kidney doesn't pick his team from week-to-week.

I can't personally guarantee that's the team because it's second hand information but the guy has been correct numerous times in the past.

Edit - and he's not sure who the captain is.

I dunno i just don't buy it at all.

Although i remember somebody posting up the team to play NZ in the first test during the summer and it was such a rediculously unlikely team that a lot of people (including me) shot it down. Turned out to be the the exact 15.

Still though i really can't see that being the team.

• Advertisement

I dunno i just don't buy it at all.

Although i remember somebody posting up the team to play NZ in the first test during the summer and it was such a rediculously unlikely team that a lot of people (including me) shot it down. Turned out to be the the exact 15.

Still though i really can't see that being the team.

Fair enough, that's obviously up to you. Though I would say, when the team is officially announced, look back and compare.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement