Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You dirty robbing b##stard!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Screw that. Take justice into your own hands, Batman style. That'll learn them.
    What.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Sorry to hear that OP - sh!tty thing to happen.

Take no notice of the blamers, it's happened to all of us at one time or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

HowAreWe wrote: »
    What.
    Ye heard me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I thought students waited until they were politicians, doctors, dentists etc before they started robbing people?

:rolleyes: So that explains all the muggings, shoplifting and pickpockets. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

When did AH turn into motors forum?

Thread full of high horses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

mikemac1 wrote: »

My horse is an equal opportunities stoner. He'll get high in any forum. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Which library was it?

They had to shut the toilets in the one in Carlow town because the junkies were going in there and shooting up.

Bagenalstown library.

Community Welfare officer might replace the welfare money for you

You're going to need a letter from the gardaí though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

racso1975 wrote: »
    Bagenalstown library.

How do you pronounce that?
    Maybe you could start leaving mouse traps in your wallet. Then just look for the **** with the bruised fingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

How do you pronounce that?
    Maybe you could start leaving mouse traps in your wallet. Then just look for the **** with the bruised fingers.

Or faeces. Then check for anyone with brown fingers.

• Advertisement

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Or faeces. Then check for anyone with brown fingers.

On the bright side no one would go near that wallet, with the smell coming off of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Here's the culprit OP! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Some seriously shit people on this thread. I guess that's the way AH is going. It's really filling up with shitty, mean-spirited little peasants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Nice to see that even though the country has gone down the drain people are quicker to offer their high horse opinion rather than a condolence.

OP hope you and your family manage to get by without the money id imagine its hard on the dole in a rural town.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

When the thief is apprehended he'll have reasonable grounds to claim he only borrowed the wallet.

Hope it works out for you OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

You would have to go against the grain, wouldn't you?

It's not that everyone doesn't feel for the guy, but not many will leave their belongings behind for two minutes. It was just a little naive of the OP to leave his things behind. I understand that rural areas may not be as badly effected as more populated areas, but given the times we live in, there are sorts that will have the eye out of your head given the chance.

We get it. Feel bad for the guy, and can only hope the thief gets caught. But really? High horses? Lets not be silly.

I always laugh when people resort to the high horses argument.
    They always give out to others from their own high horses.
    Is it ironic or just coincidental?

I just get an image in my head of two opposing rows of people on horses disagreeing with each other.
    Maybe I should stop drinking coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Del2005 wrote: »
    Why should I reimburse the OP for their stupidity nievity?

If I loose my money I can't ask the tax payer to refund me, what makes social welfare different?

Come on, you seriously would be against the OP getting an emergency payment to replacle their stolen dole money? I hope you never find yourself in such a situation where you have no food to feed your family for the week.

I always laugh when people resort to the high horses argument.
    They always give out to others from their own high horses.

My own high horse?

I gave advice about going to the gardaí and the community welfare officer

You gave advice about mouse traps

Who is being helpful? :p

My own high horse?

Who is being helpful?

It wasn't directed specifically at you and that post was taking the piss.
    My serious post was much earlier in the thread.
    Sorry for the confusion, sometimes I forget to put my posts in context :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,943 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Odysseus wrote: »
    Come on, you seriously would be against the OP getting an emergency payment to replacle their stolen dole money?
    I've no problem with them getting a sub, but if they don't have to pay it back I have a serious problem with them getting anything off the SW to replace money that they left unattended.
    I hope you never find yourself in such a situation where you have no food to feed your family for the week.

You've no idea what my financial situation is. If the only money I had to feed my family was in my wallet, I'd make damn sure not to leave it where someone has the opportunity to steal it. I keep my wallet secured at all times if there's money in it or not.

Which nicely brings us back to the rural bit. Many years ago I was down the sticks at my relations. I went out to my car to get something. When I got it I put the alarm back on. I had to go back out again a few minutes later. Again I turned on my alarm. My Uncles where laughing and saying why did I bother with the alarm all the time in a yard at the back of a house in the arse end of nowhere. My reply "I'd rather lock my car too many times in the middle of nowhere than get in the habit of leaving it open".

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

In fairness, that's a bit harsh the Op got distracted and lost a weeks money

Being on SW they are unlikely to have much in terms of savings, and getting that sub might make the difference between his family eating and not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

My own high horse?

Who is being helpful? :p

@ any others who think welfare should replace his money

Why? It wasn't as though he was mugged or attacked or burgled, he left the feckin wallet on the table..

Maybe we should start giving all those that fall for Nigerian scams a handout too

I've no problem with them getting a sub, but if they don't have to pay it back I have a serious problem with them getting anything off the SW to replace money that they left unattended.

SW don't have the facility to give people a "loan" as such, and I hope they never have. If people need the money they should be given it, once if fits within the payment guildlines. I hope that he would be able to get the cash replaced as an emergency payment, maybe not but then againn it would be worth trying.

@OP I don't know what you would think about it, but I know some of my clients get cash payments from SVP at various times for different reasons, might also be worth trying.

I see lads in my clinic pulling various scams on SW, so I would hope that a person in the OP's position could get a payment from SW. It this the view we have of people on SW now, that it's my money they are getting !!

The OP made a silly mistake, people make mistakes all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭green123

SW don't have the facility to give people a "loan" as such, and I hope they never have. If people need the money they should be given it, once if fits within the payment guildlines. I hope that he would be able to get the cash replaced as an emergency payment, maybe not but then againn it would be worth trying.

@OP I don't know what you would think about it, but I know some of my clients get cash payments from SVP at various times for different reasons, might also be worth trying.

I see lads in my clinic pulling various scams on SW, so I would hope that a person in the OP's position could get a payment from SW. It this the view we have of people on SW now, that it's my money they are getting !!

The OP made a silly mistake, people make mistakes all the time.

it is this kind of soft attitude that is the reason that people make so many mistakes.

nobody is ever to blame for anything and nobody is ever at fault and so they just keep making silly mistakes because there are no consequences.

people need to start taking more care and taking responsibility for their own actions

• Registered Users Posts: 18,943 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

SW don't have the facility to give people a "loan" as such, and I hope they never have. If people need the money they should be given it, once if fits within the payment guildlines.

They already got their money, most people only get paid once. If they loose it they have to get a loan or sub. The fact that SW can't give a loan just leaves it open to abuse as there's no consequence if you don't look after your money and if the only money who have is SW you'd want to be looking after it.

I hope that he would be able to get the cash replaced as an emergency payment, maybe not but then againn it would be worth trying.

So basically if I'm on social welfare I don't have to worry about money as even if I loose it due to my own fault, the OP did leave all their money unattended, I can get it back. Where as if I loose all my money all I can do is scrimp by or try and get a sub off work.

So you know people are committing fraud but don't do anything about it. Maybe if people actually reported false claims we wouldn't be spending so much on SW, so the people who actually need SW can get more.

They already got their money, most people only get paid once. If they loose it they have to get a loan or sub. The fact that SW can't give a loan just leaves it open to abuse as there's no consequence if you don't look after your money and if the only money who have is SW you'd want to be looking after it.

So basically if I'm on social welfare I don't have to worry about money as even if I loose it due to my own fault, the OP did leave all their money unattended, I can get it back. Where as if I loose all my money all I can do is scrimp by or try and get a sub off work.

So you know people are committing fraud but don't do anything about it. Maybe if people actually reported false claims we wouldn't be spending so much on SW, so the people who actually need SW can get more.

I know may things, it is part of my job and it would be unethical of me if I started reporting all the stuff people talk to me about. Even apart from that people would not be able to trust me; so they would not come to me. Anyway that is going off the topic.

So what if he has been paid, it is easy to establish the events, especially if he has a police report. The CWO has discretion in relation to certain payments, and I would hope common sense played a role in this situation.

You stated you would aim to get a sub off work, I somehow think that won't work in the OP's situation.

If you had turned off your phone, then this tragedy would not have occurred! Though, I feel your pain dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

green123 wrote: »
    it is this kind of soft attitude that is the reason that people make so many mistakes.

nobody is ever to blame for anything and nobody is ever at fault and so they just keep making silly mistakes because there are no consequences.

people need to start taking more care and taking responsibility for their own actions

What about the rest of the family.. Sorry kids Daddy's wallet was stolen no dinner tonight, cant ask for an emergancy payment... we must take responsibility for our own actions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'm sure if the OP does go that route it will not be a regular occurrence, its a one off payment for emergency cases.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement