Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You dirty robbing b##stard!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I thought students waited until they were politicians, doctors, dentists etc before they started robbing people?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

it's funny how this thread has turned into "its your fault for x y and z" kind of a kin to blaming the girl who gets assaulted cause she was asking for due to clothes or being drunk etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

racso1975 wrote: »
    I do realise my mistake abi but in fairness it is a very rural library where you know 99% of the people.

The 1% screwing us over again.

By us I mean you OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Marsden wrote: »
    Go to your reliving officer in the welfare and explain the situation, good chance they'll sort you out. Happened to a girl I know and she was looked after.

Really..? Interesting.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

1210m5g wrote: »
    I doubt anyone would make a conscious decision to leave it unattended, it's easy to leave something down and then get distracted.

Thieves are opportunists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,110 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I hope they catch him and throw the book at him!
    Could you have paged the cops to come over?

OP, take a leaf out of my book and never leave your wallet unattended.
    My mother used to give me chapter and verse about doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Who in their right mind leaves a wallet unattended?
    +1 on that
    Sure he might aswell have left his phone wallet house keys and address on table aswell
    Maybe bank account details aswell
    Your own fault mate
    In these times you'd have to be but slow to leave a wallet on a table unattended
    Suppose it's a lesson for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Moral of the story is always turn your phone off in the library!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mansized Wreath

Report to cops, being proof of this to local SWO and perhaps she'll reimburse you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

+1 on that
    Sure he might aswell have left his phone wallet house keys and address on table aswell
    Maybe bank account details aswell
    Your own fault mate
    In these times you'd have to be but slow to leave a wallet on a table unattended
    Suppose it's a lesson for you

Thank God you never took your eye off the ball!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

OP, I dont think Karma is good enough for the maggot that stole from you. I hope you have someone to help you throughout the coming week.

Leaving things unattended in a city library would be asking for sh1t to happen. But op said that it happen in a rurul area. You just wouldn't expect something like that to happen in a small rural place. I'm forever leaving my bits unattended and it doesn't happen but this thread is a warning to me. Cheers.

Which reminds me. I saw a lovely handbag, that I fell in love with in the shop and I really like it but it has short handles. I go for handbags that have a long handle so I can wear it across my body, so the bag can't be swiped from me. I really like the bag with the short handles and I would like to get it, but I won't be able to wear it across my body because the handles are too short and I'm thinking that if I buy the bag and use it, I'm asking to be robbed. It's going to easily swipable.

What do you think? I really like the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Libraries aren't even safe from scum these day's.

Well clearly not. They even let people on social welfare in these days!

Mod:User banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

yeah Cant access cctv till Monday and then only upon requests from cops who refused to come even though they were only accross the road.

It is not a traffic offence so the cops won't care.

Tough break man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Im gonna say the op lost the lot on the gee gees...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Show Time wrote: »
    It is not a traffic offence so the cops won't care.

Tough break man.

tell them the thief was driving without an NCT cert, they'll find him quicksmart...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Tough break buddy, hope you get sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

yeah Cant access cctv till Monday and then only upon requests from cops who refused to come even though they were only accross the road.

So walk over to them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Which library was it?

They had to shut the toilets in the one in Carlow town because the junkies were going in there and shooting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

I do realise my mistake abi but in fairness it is a very rural library where you know 99% of the people.

its the 1% at it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Glad you vented here OP.
    Being a library theft I'd hate to see you suffer in silence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Which library was it?

They had to shut the toilets in the one in Carlow town because the junkies were going in there and shooting up.

I'd take a guess it was Clonmel, That theft was like something a junkie would do and Clonmel is full of them and its library has had thefts before. I hope whoever done it overdoses on the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I thought students waited until they were politicians, doctors, dentists etc before they started robbing people?

Don't be ridiculous - you don't need to be educated to be a politician in this country....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

charlemont wrote: »
    I'd take a guess it was Clonmel, That theft was like something a junkie would do and Clonmel is full of them and its library has had thefts before. I hope whoever done it overdoses on the stuff.

I'd say it was somewhere in Carlow as thats where he lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

alphabeat wrote: »

in other news , WTF are scum doing in library ? i thought it was like vampires and hallowed ground .

Thats akin to saying you can leave your wallet unattended in mass or at a graveyard etc, there are NO off limit areas these days, and scum pop up everywhere from fancy shops to gyms and libraries. Golden rule, never ever leave your wallet alone for a second, no matter where you are. And the thing is you also have to be careful when sifting through your wallet in a shop queue as well, who knows who may be watching you and you could find yourself being followed to a quiet area where they will try and mug you or even to a library where you might leave your wallet alone for a second or two. Best of luck with the CCTV, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,917 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

it's funny how this thread has turned into "its your fault for x y and z" kind of a kin to blaming the girl who gets assaulted cause she was asking for due to clothes or being drunk etc

If you hadn't left there wallet unattended the thieve won't have had a chance to steal it. The majority of theft is opportunistic, you gave them the opportunity. Insurance companies, in the majority of cases, don't pay out if your car is stolen with the keys.

Comparing leaving a wallet unattended to assault is pushing it a bit.
    ilovesleep wrote: »
    Leaving things unattended in a city library would be asking for sh1t to happen. But op said that it happen in a rurul area. You just wouldn't expect something like that to happen in a small rural place. I'm forever leaving my bits unattended and it doesn't happen but this thread is a warning to me. Cheers.

When I was young my relations down the country used to never lock their doors, left the keys in the car. Thieves found out that rural places where easy to steal from as people didn't secure their property. Now every house is locked up and cars are alarmed and sheds secured.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,917 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Report to cops, being proof of this to local SWO and perhaps she'll reimburse you.

Why should I reimburse the OP for their stupidity nievity?

If I loose my money I can't ask the tax payer to refund me, what makes social welfare different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

cops who refused to come even though they were only accross the road.

Ring again and when they fob you off ask for their badge number and rank

Shows you are serious

Will kick them into gear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Sorry to hear that OP

You came to the wrong place though because people are just gonna make fun of the situation. Wait until it happens to them and they'll know what it feels like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

lukesmom wrote: »
    Yeah cos that's helpful!

In the same way this thread is helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

mikemac1 wrote: »

Ring again and when they fob you off ask for their badge number and rank

Shows you are serious

Will kick them into gear
    Screw that. Take justice into your own hands, Batman style. That'll learn them.

Advertisement