Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You dirty robbing b##stard!!!

Options
  • 02-11-2012 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Just had my wallet emptied by some ****in ****e bag while in the local library. Had stepped away to photocopy something and phone went off and stepped outside for 2 min.

Just in case you are reading this you c#@t that money was my social welfare payment that me and family need. I hope to god you get the fukin karma you deserve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Libraries aren't even safe from scum these day's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Any CCTV there? You can ask a member of staff if they recognise him and if they are a member of the library.

Sh1t thing to happen man, sorry! You could always pop in every now and again over a number of weeks and see if he is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

If there is CCTV and he is identified....make sure to ring the cops and get him booked !

Sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Scumbags in libraries now? Is there no sanctuary?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

library will have cctv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Who in their right mind leaves a wallet unattended?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

That's why you should never drop your guard, even for a second.
    Sorry that this happened to you OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Spook_ie wrote: »

Yeah cos that's helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Spook_ie wrote: »

**** happens. Lost my wallet recently, pain in the balls. I feel your pain OP.

Defo ask for CCTV, they should be a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

yeah Cant access cctv till Monday and then only upon requests from cops who refused to come even though they were only accross the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Libraries aren't even safe from scum these day's.

Libraries are full of scum's children these days. They use it as a free baby sitting service when they go shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

racso1975 wrote: »
    yeah Cant access cctv till Monday and then only upon requests from cops who refused to come even though they were only accross the road.

Are you for real? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

go in the station make a report and get a report number and get wiggum to do his fcuking job.

in other news , WTF are scum doing in library ? i thought it was like vampires and hallowed ground .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Had stepped away to photocopy something and phone went off and stepped outside for 2 min.
    Well that was stoopid. Scum will be scum and will take any opportunity they get. You gave it to them on a platter.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

If anything, libraries are one of the worst places to leave your valuables unattended. They're free, there are plenty of shelves to lurk behind and the librarians have no problem with pickpockets as long as they do it quietly

Are you for real? :(

Yup it's a rural place. now in fairness they said they Cant access cctv systems. however thought they'd come take a statement seeing as there were **** all people there. now this happened at 4.50 and call me cynical but went over to station to find it closes at 5pm!!!! one wonders

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Abi wrote: »
    Well that was stoopid. Scum will be scum and will take any opportunity they get. You gave it to them on a platter.

Could happen to anyone though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

That sucks dude.

I once dropped my wallet on a cruise with my girlfriend. Was the only day I was carrying it, because we were going shopping in Barcelona. I asked at reception and they said that one of their staff had found it on deck 3, pity i'd lost it on the top deck, so it was emptied and thrown down there.

Only good thing was that the insurance paid it back to me after a few months.

I do realise my mistake abi but in fairness it is a very rural library where you know 99% of the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

In fairness he shouldn't have left his wallet unattended. I wouldn't even leave my bag unattended in a restaurant or hairdressers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Had stepped away to photocopy something and phone went off and stepped outside for 2 min.

Photocopying a book? Book piracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭RossyG

Sorry to hear this, Racso. The thief was a grade A scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Go to your reliving officer in the welfare and explain the situation, good chance they'll sort you out. Happened to a girl I know and she was looked after.

drivers licence for job application

lukesmom wrote: »
    Could happen to anyone though

I know what you mean in that, there are people that rob from people from the street etc,. But why would you leave your things behind, regardless of how short a period of a time, given that these people can walk past you and fleece you. Having your valuables on you at all times gives you at least SOME chance of not getting done.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Well, I think we've found the real criminal here! Good job mystery bunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I do realise my mistake abi but in fairness it is a very rural library where you know 99% of the people.

Well, whoever you see wearing new shoes next week is probably the culprit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Why would ya go away and leave your wallet unattended in a public place? You're asking for it tbh. It doesnt take a grade A scumbag even. Nowadays theres lots of desperate people around.

Ya can't be doin' that lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I know what you mean in that, there are people that rob from people from the street etc,. But why would you leave your things behind, regardless of how short a period of a time, given that these people can walk past you and fleece you. Having your valuables on you at all times gives you at least SOME chance of not getting done.

I doubt anyone would make a conscious decision to leave it unattended, it's easy to leave something down and then get distracted.

• Advertisement

Rasco, I'm very sorry to hear this happened to you, truly am. But these are tough times we're living in now, it's going to mean a rise in petty crime like this. I retract what I said about it being 'stupid', I just think it was a little naive of you to leave your things behind. I'm not sure how likely it will be that you get your stuff back, but I hope for the best for you.

Start cancelling and ordering in new bank cards as soon as you can, and whatever else you're missing. It's a rotten feeling to have anything stolen on you. I haven't been robbed like that before, but I've been definitely silly enough to leave purses behind in taxi's when I was very young and a bit on the tipsy side. It's an awful feeling. I always bought a new purse as soon as I could and ordered my new cards etc, it gave me some relief. You ought to do the same. Not a purse though :pac::)

Advertisement