Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You dirty robbing b##stard!!!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Scumbags in libraries now? Is there no sanctuary?!

Though I suspect reading is last on their list :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Del2005 wrote: »
    I've no problem with them getting a sub, but if they don't have to pay it back I have a serious problem with them getting anything off the SW to replace money that they left unattended.

You've no idea what my financial situation is. If the only money I had to feed my family was in my wallet, I'd make damn sure not to leave it where someone has the opportunity to steal it. I keep my wallet secured at all times if there's money in it or not.

You're right of course, OP's family should go hungry to attone for his sin of naivety :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭goodie2shoes

it's good to see we are raising a better educated well read type of thief nowadays.
    it's such a welcome change from the knife-wielding "give us yer money!" type of thug so reminiscent of the '80s.

all that taxpayers money spent on free education is paying dividends i see ........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Crimes of this nature are almost entirely opportunistic. Give a thief like this an opportunity and they'll take it most times.

In an ideal world we'd be able to leave our stuff unprotected in a public place but we dont live in an ideal world.

True, but that doesn't remove any of the blame from the culprit. He's still the guilty one here, in my book, and not the OP.
    Spook_ie wrote: »
    #
    Actually no it wouldn't have been unattended it would have been LOST as in " **** I lost my wallet " rather than " **** I left my wallet on that table in the library "

You're arguing over semantics now. Surely if it's been dropped on the ground and lost, it's unattended until someone finds it. But that's irrelevant, the point is, it doesn't excuse the thief, he's still the guilty party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

Who in their right mind leaves a wallet unattended?
    Who leaves their passport at home when going for a flight?
    Who tips their car of a parked car?
    Who leaves their passcard/cash in the Atm?
    Who leaves their keys at the checkout in tesco?
    Who loses their wedding ring?
    Who leaves their jacket at a bar/nightclub?
    The list goes on and on and eventually you'll have everybody included, because from time to time we all do stuff thats really stupid and outta character, the OP could've been carrying a wallet for 20 years without any incident, but on the internet you'll still get people only too eager to stick the knief in at any oppurtunity they'll find.
    I'm not just talking about this post because there has been far worse than this said, i'm talking about the 230+ thanks it has recieved. It's not an AH thing nor is it a Boards.ie thing, it's an internet thing how so many people are willing to be a cxxt a the drop of a hat.
    If I oor you met someone who had the misfortune of having this happen them, i'd try help them and id sympathise with them, but here's the thing, I believe that the majority of the 230+ would do the same.
    Why do people have to be like this on the internet, when you know that the more brutal a place it is the worse for yourself (internet user)in the long run.

• Advertisement

Red21 wrote: »
    Who leaves their passport at home when going for a flight?
    Who tips their car of a parked car?
    Who leaves their passcard/cash in the Atm?
    Who leaves their keys at the checkout in tesco?
    Who loses their wedding ring?
    Who leaves their jacket at a bar/nightclub?
    The list goes on and on and eventually you'll have everybody included, because from time to time we all do stuff thats really stupid and outta character, the OP could've been carrying a wallet for 20 years without any incident, but on the internet you'll still get people only too eager to stick the knief in at any oppurtunity they'll find.
    I'm not just talking about this post because there has been far worse than this said, i'm talking about the 230+ thanks it has recieved. It's not an AH thing nor is it a Boards.ie thing, it's an internet thing how so many people are willing to be a cxxt a the drop of a hat.
    If I oor you met someone who had the misfortune of having this happen them, i'd try help them and id sympathise with them, but here's the thing, I believe that the majority of the 230+ would do the same.
    Why do people have to be like this on the internet, when you know that the more brutal a place it is the worse for yourself (internet user)in the long run.

wtf are u rambling on about?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

wtf are u rambling on about?:confused:
    That social media is a quagmire. Take this thread and the overwhelming support for the above comment which has no other purpose than making the victim of a crime feel worse than he/she already does.

When something out of the ordinary like this happens you can take it as a given, that the victim is fully aware that their actions on this occasion were foolish. But here on boards, even though the OP had said the event had just happened the majority of people felt that the most important thing at a time like this, is to let the OP know it was their own fault. Just on the off chance they didn't feel bad enough already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Cheers red really appreciate that!!! As well as the lovely PM's I have got off of people and others on this thread.

racso1975 wrote: »
    Cheers red really appreciate that!!! As well as the lovely PM's I have got off of people and others on this thread.

it's truly heartening to know there are still good people out there.
    God Bless you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭poeticseraphim

+1 on that
    Sure he might aswell have left his phone wallet house keys and address on table aswell
    Maybe bank account details aswell
    Your own fault mate
    In these times you'd have to be but slow to leave a wallet on a table unattended
    Suppose it's a lesson for you

You could say this about most wrong doing. This attitude actually shows lax morals. It is inherently wrong to steal. It should be condemned.

Those who have placed blame at the OP actually have no real moral compass. It is partially why politicians get away with what they do.

You have a right to expect people to obey the law. If you did not society could not function.

I don't understand the emotional immaturity shown here. Why further hurt someone who has been hurt? The way some have reacted in wrong in and of itself.

Sorry OP.

And I REALLY hope you get that job:) Maybe it will turn into the memory of the job application you got and not the negative thing.

EVERYONE WISH THE OP GOOD LUCK IN THE NEW JOB!!!:)

LET'S TURN THIS THREAD AROUND.

GOOD LUCK OP YOU WILL ROCK THE INTERVIEW! FEEL GOOD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

But he says that he hopes karma gets the fella that done this
    Who's to say this isn't karma gettin the op back
    I'm sure he's no saint
    No one is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Let me see now
    Red21 wrote: »
    Who leaves their passport at home when going for a flight?Nope
    Who tips their car of a parked car?Not so far
    Who leaves their passcard/cash in the Atm?Nope
    Who leaves their keys at the checkout in tesco?Lost some keys once but not at a checkout
    Who loses their wedding ring?Nope
    Who leaves their jacket at a bar/nightclub?Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

On a happier note, I left my purse behind me on a table in my University gym today. Handed into reception with all monies still there :)

Let me see now

Well done you. But pride comes before the fall.

I, like many others (but apparently not everyone), sometimes make mistakes. A bit of humility can help in acknowledging them. Usually they go unpunished, but I'd like to think I learn from them anyway. And then I don't go berating others for making mistakes of their own, as if I've never made any.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Well done you. But pride comes before the fall.

I, like many others (but apparently not everyone), sometimes make mistakes. A bit of humility can help in acknowledging them. Usually they go unpunished, but I'd like to think I learn from them anyway. And then I don't go berating others for making mistakes of their own, as if I've never made any.

There are mistakes, there are mistakes that are avoidable, I put leaving a wallet unattended while you go outside to make a phone call as an avoidable mistake, he has my sympathy in he lost money he doesn't have it for making an avoidable mistake. If he'd been running outside to save the life of a little child running into the road then yeah but he was making a phone call

There are mistakes, there are mistakes that are avoidable, I put leaving a wallet unattended while you go outside to make a phone call as an avoidable mistake, he has my sympathy in he lost money he doesn't have it for making an avoidable mistake. If he'd been running outside to save the life of a little child running into the road then yeah but he was making a phone call

All mistakes are avoidable, that's what makes them mistakes. If they were unavoidable, then they wouldn't be mistakes, they'd just be a shit situation.

You are just an example of a vary cavalier attitude on here towards the OP. You are far from the worst though. There are some here who are acting as if the OP actually deserved this, which is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭deisebibo

+1 on that
    Sure he might aswell have left his phone wallet house keys and address on table aswell
    Maybe bank account details aswell
    Your own fault mate
    In these times you'd have to be but slow to leave a wallet on a table unattended
    Suppose it's a lesson for you

Ah jeez, give him a break, I left my phone down in Ikea one day (ringing to find out what exact item a friend needed) afterwards writing the number down on the docket. I wandered off happily with my trolley and bag, and only when i got to checkout realised my phone was gone, retraced my steps and thankfully found it again where i had left it down (totally expected it to be gone).

Can easily happen, god if everyone was soooo perfect,

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Thief steals cash from unattended wallet : To be expected.

Library staff & CCTV no help : To be expected.

Gardai don't care : To be expected.

SW may refund stolen money : :eek: WTF???? :confused:

If it's true, I want in on this scam.

Advertisement