Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean update tipped for August 29th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

Meteor/eMobile have released JellyBean for the S3 this morning. Available now via KIES and OTA. 317MB

I'm not seeing it here...Feck!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

not showing for me on Meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Skerries wrote: »
    not showing for me on Meteor

I've updated a few minutes ago, I'm on meteor.. Phone seems that bit faster..

statto25 wrote: »
    I'm not seeing it here...Feck!

Downloading it now. Might be a phased roll-out throughout the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

For anyone that is interested, the UK generic BTU version was also released today.
    (PDA - I9300XXDLJ4 / CSC - I9300OXADLJ4)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

griffdaddy wrote: »
    They have to be the same, not different. Set Google now language to English UK and general system settings to English UK and it will work.

Not so sure they have to be the same, mine only started talking after i set the voice to uk and even then had to change the phone to us english.

Edit: just made sure and those are my working settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

When I click on update it's saying 'Access to the software update service is provided to users in the order in which they request it. Try again later'

On Vodafone prepay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

hmm that's weird, I have to have them the same. i'm on an earlier release from XDA though. It's unusual in any case how they don't let you keep the system language as English (Ireland) and have it working. I've yet to notice a difference between English (Ireland) and English (UK)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Update was downloaded and ready to install when I woke this morning. Not noticing much changes. Stock browser is a bit different and now allows 16 open windows instead of 8. Will uneed to wait and see how the battery drains but looks good so far, 4% drain from 30 min use including 12min call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

AntiRip wrote: »
    When I click on update it's saying 'Access to the software update service is provided to users in the order in which they request it. Try again later'

On Vodafone prepay

I got that too, so just plugged it in and it's updating via Kies instead.

• Advertisement

Hmm, my external SD card will not mount now. JB is telling me I've to format it. Am I doing something wrong?

Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

Just updated (UK unbranded).

Definitely a lot snappier. I like the date in the pull down menu.

Some cool new widgets too.

Folders are much nicer. Now I have some on my homescreen!

I never had full wifi reception on the old firmware. This seems to be fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Yendred

Got it on Vodafone yesterday morning.

In my case it's eating battery like there's no tomorrow. This could be related to the change that's been made to the "automatic screen brightness" facility where there's a new slider to add a bias to the brightness. It seems to act like a multiplier for the brightness that the OS itself chooses. I only noticed it today at lunch time.

Plus Google Plus is using 24MB/day...

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Can't receive mms since the jelly bean update this morning (meteor)
    Any suggestion?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I Am Kong! wrote: »
    Just updated (UK unbranded).

Definitely a lot snappier. I like the date in the pull down menu.

Some cool new widgets too.

Folders are much nicer. Now I have some on my homescreen!

I never had full wifi reception on the old firmware. This seems to be fixed now.
    What do people use folders for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

Well I just put some social and media apps on my homepage as I use them quite often so I put them into two separate folders. Just neater as I have a few widgets on my homescreen too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I've always used them. Had a folder for all my games and recently put all my sports apps in another folder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

How are people finding it on emobile? Any bugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Shaneboyle

Just got my update there today... SIM free phone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Folders are very useful for categorising apps...
    Games, Social, Travel, Utils, Shopping, Nav, News

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭coupland

Just noticed that the update turned on the wifi power save which was knocking out the wifi for some people. Turned mine off again...

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/574442-samsung-galaxy-s3-wifi-problem.html

Melion wrote: »
    How are people finding it on emobile? Any bugs?

Battery drain seems a little worse but that's been reported for other providers too. No bugs to report yet.

Yep, definitely seeing the battery drain faster on JB. I haven't even re-installed any of my apps yet. Time to freeze some of the samsung bloat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Not much of an update tbh compared to ICS.

Not noticing much of the butter either.

Will see what the battery is like tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

It's not bad, definitely zippier. I've noticed I've lost root though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

36 hours in - my battery life was far better today after updating yesterday morning. Had about 2 hours of calls today and similar in screen time. Was at about 15% when I juiced it up at around 8PM - that was 12 hours without charge. No way would have got that on ICS.

Overall seems a little better. No major killer features that I can see. They have revamped notifications etc to show summary of mails waiting.

Still hate that I cannot have white background on the stock e-mail client! Happy to use it over Touchdown etc but please let me decide how I want it to look and then I can decide if white is draining the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got so much slow down and battery killings I just said f-this and formatted tonight. Hope it makes a diff...

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Updated today but had no problems rooting again using the same software and then paid €2 for an app that unlocked it within 2secs. Happy out ! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Updated tonight, quite impressed so far. Many of the new features are in this video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lads my battery is absolutely ****e since the update.
    Is there anything I can do?

Will Samsung replace it?

Advertisement