Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Hernandez practised for the second day in a row. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Great news about Hernandez.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Hernandez practised for the second day in a row. :)

First Hightower, now Heranadez, JaMarcus you really are the bearer of good news :D.

Hernandez is some healer and he might be ready for the next game. Hightower said yesterday a decision to play will be made on game day, but he's feeling no pain with the leg.

Personally, I'd prefer if the Pats don't rush either of these two gems back to quickly. There's no need to take any chances and I'd much prefer to see them err on the side of caution.

Loving the cover of today's Gameday program :)

10479_10151200857462372_1472832071_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,703 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Another TO closed account I see.

• Advertisement

Did a wee Photoshop homage earlier to Brady's & Manning's quarterbacking greatness. Think I'll keep it in here in case some overly sensitive type takes offence to it. :D

Quarterback_Gods_Brady_and_Manning.jpg

Inactives for today...

(81) Aaron Hernandez, TE
    (54) Dont'a Hightower, LB
    (11) Julian Edelman, WR
    (28) Steve Gregory, S
    (47) Michael Hoomanawanui, TE
    (67) Matt Tennant, OL
    (92) Jake Bequette, DE

On a positive note, Alfonso Dennard should get some good snaps today. Hopefully he can add some steel to the secondary.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

No word yet on when Shane Vereen will be returning from his foot injury. Anxious to get him back because I'm sick of Woodhead trying to run the ball.

didnt post at the time, but I was a bit surprised at your angst to Woodhead, and I think you mentioned it a few times on here too. Last night showed why I would still keep him as a third down back. He brings a quickness and speed to a no huddle offence, and he converted 2 massive third downs last night, one on a pass, and one rushing. Both huge (I think both over 15 yards) and at a crucial time. I like woodhead. I like that he isnt an every down back and that he is able to catch and pick up yardage when he asked to come in. He doesnt burst through players, but picks holes and gets things moving. He will never have a consitant 100 yard game like Ridley and Bolden are both showing signs of having, but he adds another dimension to our attack, and I think is well worth his place.

as for the game itself last night, one we nearly threw away. Were comfortable enough really, but just didnt close it out well enough. A questionable 4th down decision, and then a fumble by Ridley, both keeping the Bronocos within reach when we really should have added another score or kept them deep in their own territory so it wasnt a nervy 4th quarter.

Still, a good solid if unspectacular win. Good to see Manning still losing to us :pac: But in fairness, he looked good. Some nice throws and some good grabs by receivers. Broncos have a nice team coming on, just a shame for them Manning isnt 10 years younger and they could be building a superbowl team around a QB. I think when they are ready to mount a challenge, he will be on his last legs and will need replacing.

bruschi wrote: »
    didnt post at the time, but I was a bit surprised at your angst to Woodhead, and I think you mentioned it a few times on here too.
    Last night showed why I would still keep him as a third down back. He brings a quickness and speed to a no huddle offence, and he converted 2 massive third downs last night, one on a pass, and one rushing. Both huge (I think both over 15 yards) and at a crucial time. I like woodhead. I like that he isnt an every down back and that he is able to catch and pick up yardage when he asked to come in. He doesnt burst through players, but picks holes and gets things moving. He will never have a consitant 100 yard game like Ridley and Bolden are both showing signs of having, but he adds another dimension to our attack, and I think is well worth his place.

Yes I did and I think it was the Cardinals game where he seemed to be just getting negative yards and he really annoyed me. But looking back, I think he was utilised incorrectly by the team during that game.

Last week against the Bills, he reminded me of the key plays he can make. Not sure if it was a third or even fourth down, Brady was under pressure and being pushed out of the pocket. Woodhead was clever and quick enough to spot Brady in trouble. He came back quickly from his route, imporvised and made himself available to Brady and he scores a critical TD.

That's the kind of play that makes him a key player for me. The third down run he converted yesterday was an excellent play. He found the gap and made a critical gain. So ya, my faith is fully restored in the guy.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

eagle eye wrote: »

Hardly surprising.

Does his annual 'fúck this i'm never coming back' and reopens again in about 3 weeks time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭SixtyTwo

Ares wrote: »
    eagle eye wrote: »

Hardly surprising.

Does his annual 'fúck this i'm never coming back' and reopens again in about 3 weeks time.

Couldn't be more wrong i explained to frostie my reasons but im not about to explain them here. Its funny though people gave me sh1t for saying i was going last time and i do it quietly after explaining to frostie and folk make an issue of. My closure will be permanent this time and this account will close also after i send a few pm to certain guys.

As for the 3 week thing yeah ok dude the first TO account was closed for nearly a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

SixtyTwo wrote: »
    Couldn't be more wrong i explained to frostie my reasons but im not about to explain them here. Its funny though people gave me sh1t for saying i was going last time and i do it quietly after explaining to frostie and folk make an issue of. My closure will be permanent this time and this account will close also after i send a few pm to certain guys.

As for the 3 week thing yeah ok dude the first TO account was closed for nearly a year.

Why close your account? You're a good poster. If anyone is being a d1ck just ignore them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Why close your account? You're a good poster. If anyone is being a d1ck just ignore them.
    Totally agree. Just ignore any assholes. I hope you stick around dude.

Just like the others have said, you are a good poster. I don't know why you would close your account. If you feel you need a break from boards just shut it down and forget about it and when/if you feel like coming back then use the same account. That way we all know who you are.

And use the ignore feature if somebody is really annoying you all the time.

+1 to Eli's, Davy's and EE's comments on Coach closing his account.:(

A salute to Kevin Faulk, a loyal Patriot war horse who announced his retirement from football yesterday.

tempAP00121701550__nfl_mezz_1280_1024_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mike912

A salute to Kevin Faulk, a loyal Patriot war horse who announced his retirement from football yesterday.

Epitomized the "Patriot Way". Did his job on and off the field with class and professionalism. When we needed that clutch third down play, he seemed to always step up. Great pair of hands. He will be remembered fondly and hopefully is a lock for the Patriots Hall of Fame.

Have enjoyed Coach's contributions during my short stay here. Very informative and reflective of his passion for the game.

Who you going to argue the intracacies of the Patriots defense with Coach? The missus? She probably doesn't know if the ball is blown up or stuffed with feathers.

Reconsider, it's just the internet.

Mike912 wrote: »
    Epitomized the "Patriot Way". Did his job on and off the field with class and professionalism. When we needed that clutch third down play, he seemed to always step up. Great pair of hands. He will be remembered fondly and hopefully is a lock for the Patriots Hall of Fame.

No doubt he'll be a Hall of Famer alright, he put the 'P' in production.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Man I feel old...
    All the guys who were on the Patriots when I started following them have now retired, there's no one left.

• Advertisement

BizzyC wrote: »
    Man I feel old...
    All the guys who were on the Patriots when I started following them have now retired, there's no one left.

I've been a Pats fan since the early eighties and I don't think you ever get used to seeing teams coming to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Surely Brady's the only one left from the '01 Superbowl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Surely Brady's the only one left from the '01 Superbowl?

You are right, both Matt Light and Kevin Faulk retired this year.

Only Brady, Branch and Wilfork are left from the 2004 Superbowl against the Eagles :eek:

And they are the only 3 on the current roster that have rings (Jake Ballard is on PUP will probably end up on IR) :eek::eek: our team is so young and hopefully hungry for sucess.

Also only 5 of our current staff have rings; Belichick, Fears, Patricia, Scarnecchia, Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Sad to see a good poster leaving the forum but I was chatting to TO and he had his legit reasons for closing the account and leaving boards. And just so everyone knows it was nothing against any other posters or anything like that. It was just simply one of those things that happens from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭SixtyTwo

frostie500 wrote: »
    Sad to see a good poster leaving the forum but I was chatting to TO and he had his legit reasons for closing the account and leaving boards. And just so everyone knows it was nothing against any other posters or anything like that. It was just simply one of those things that happens from time to time.

To echo this I have been fortunate enough to be given a chance to work in a job related to the game in the US starting Fall 2013 and the job has strict policies on public forums and what their staff say on said forums.

As I get into a lot of scrapes on here I don't want to endanger said chance before it even happens. It will be tough not debating and getting into banter here but I am going to leave this account open just in case and in the event come fall next year I can chat on here the odd time and refrain from calling folk out I will :D Also I will continue with Fantasy football.

I may also pop in and answer rule related stuff and the mechanics of the game but I will have to take a large step back to prevent making a tit of myself as usual.

To echo this I have been fortunate enough to be given a chance to work in a job related to the game in the US starting Fall 2013 and the job has strict policies on public forums and what their staff say on said forums.

As I get into a lot of scrapes on here I don't want to endanger said chance before it even happens. It will be tough not debating and getting into banter here but I am going to leave this account open just in case and in the event come fall next year I can chat on here the odd time and refrain from calling folk out I will :D Also I will continue with Fantasy football.

I may also pop in and answer rule related stuff and the mechanics of the game but I will have to take a large step back to prevent making a tit of myself as usual.

All I can say is, best of luck biting your tongue when neilster returns next draft season :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

New QB for the Jets? I heard they were desperate :pac:

Just want to wish you the very best of luck, I hope it goes really well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Keep us posted, lad.

Oh, and check your PPR trades. :pac:

• Advertisement

Since the door is ajar:D....open to anyone who can help.

I don't think the 12 men on the field rule makes a bit of common sense as it is currently applied.

12 men in the offensive huddle: penalty.
    Huge defensive lineman lumbering off the field but still has one foot on the field when the ball is put in play: penalty.

Just makes no sense to me. Curious if there is a genesis to this rather ridiculous rule.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement