Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I would suggest Bedard look at the plays McCourty didn't make rather than the ones he did. He was dreadful, and if that qualified as "his best game in a while" then that's hilariously damning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

I would suggest Bedard look at the plays McCourty didn't make rather than the ones he did. He was dreadful, and if that qualified as "his best game in a while" then that's hilariously damning.

Agreed. Love the way he ignores the fact McCourty and Co failed to do their jobs when it actually mattered and that he makes excuses for him on other plays that had he bothered he could have made a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

+1 to that, making some plays and missing big plays are two different things. The former is no good if you can't deliver on the latter. But he wasn't alone in doing that.The most annoying thing was, Flacco threw a few slow lethargic passes that were asking for an interception.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Did you read the whole thing, its not that long. He absolutely blames McCourty for allowing Boldin get the first down on 3rd and 13.

His first line starts with 'It’s a shame that Devin McCourty dropped an interception and had the late penalty'.

I made a point about all the holding the Ravens OL was getting away with which negated our pass rush all game. The secondary is not fully to blame for what happened. If they are left exposed all the time they are going to give up scores and look bad.

Replacement refs are the biggest culprits in what happened to us in that game. The front seven have as much responsibility for it as the secondary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Why all the irrational blaming it all on McCourty stance?

Arrington played way worse, missed an int also and got beaten often. There was 0 pass rush: 0 sacks, 0 QB Hits. Ray Rice avg 5.1 yards a carry. Refs helped the Ravens offense out on more than one occasion, etc.

A corner is put in a very bad position if the QB has all the time in the world to pass and if you have to help play the run because the DL and LBs can't limit the RB.

He had a pretty good game up untill the PI call on the last drive which i thought was pretty encouraging. Corners get beaten from time to time it happens, sometime its their fault, sometimes it's not, how many times did McCourty get beat in the game?

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »
    Why all the irrational blaming it all on McCourty stance?

Arrington played way worse, missed an int also and got beaten often. There was 0 pass rush: 0 sacks, 0 QB Hits. Ray Rice avg 5.1 yards a carry. Refs helped the Ravens offense out on more than one occasion, etc.

A corner is put in a very bad position if the QB has all the time in the world to pass and if you have to help play the run because the DL and LBs can't limit the RB.

He had a pretty good game up untill the PI call on the last drive which i thought was pretty encouraging. Corners get beaten from time to time it happens, sometime its their fault, sometimes it's not, how many times did McCourty get beat in the game?

Well all of them were bad everyone will agree on that but McCourty for a guy who looked like our best DB was awful and for the standard we thought he would live up to it seems he is sh1t when it matters. Never liked Arrington and I firmly believe he is a liability and Gregory like McCourty was good at times but overall let us down when it mattered.

The anger at McCourty is because we know what he's capable of. His regression is disgraceful and he deserves to be called up on it.

Blaming the officials on our losses is desperate too, and just looking for excuse to avoid the fact that we weren't good enough. Look a little bit closer to home. To quote our infallible coach, do your job. Our players and coaches did not do their job.

The anger at McCourty is because we know what he's capable of. His regression is disgraceful and he deserves to be called up on it.

He plays one of his better games and he is called awful? a bit much?

Blaming the officials on our losses is desperate too, and just looking for excuse to avoid the fact that we weren't good enough. Look a little bit closer to home. To quote our infallible coach, do your job. Our players and coaches did not do their job.

Officials certainly hurt us with some ridiculous calls, it hurts us more than it did the Ravens, why is it desperate to say that?

We lost in a one point game away from home against a good football team with very dodgy officiating and people are freaking out, i think a bit of perspective is needed.

CoachTO wrote: »
    Well all of them were bad everyone will agree on that but McCourty for a guy who looked like our best DB was awful and for the standard we thought he would live up to it seems he is sh1t when it matters. Never liked Arrington and I firmly believe he is a liability and Gregory like McCourty was good at times but overall let us down when it mattered.

If we are only picking high talent players, i didnt see our best DL Wilfork or our best LB Mayo have any positive imapact on the game and they are not getting called out.

Letting the defense complete a pass is not entirely on the Corner, its a team effort.

I don't know whats going on with you but that is a load of garbage.

McCourty looked good in the first two games. If he is going to be targeted on every down then he is going to lose out a few times. He is not Revis or Asomugha, he is a decent corner no more no less. Like every corner in the league he can't cover if there is no pass rush and the QB has all day to wait for his man to get open.

The Patriots did their job but the officials gave the Ravens the win. If you don't think thats the case then you are out of your mind.

I remember reading the gameweek 3 thread and you were blaming Belichick and McDaniels for the loss and screaming about them not using the timeouts when it would have made no difference as I have pointed out in that thread. You need to calm down man, take a step back and get back to being the intelligent chap you normally are.

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »
    If we are only picking high talent players, i didnt see our best DL Wilfork or our best LB Mayo have any positive imapact on the game and they are not getting called out.

We were bad all round but we are talking about our secondary here aren't we. Stop trying to move the goal posts to pick on my opinion. That's just daft. At the end of the day the secondary did f*ck all when it mattered at the end of the game so hence this discussion.
    Letting the defense complete a pass is not entirely on the Corner, its a team effort.

Really I never knew that? Even though It may not be 100% on the corner that is no excuse for the corner not doing his job either. So every time our pass rush fails or our linebackers do fook all that is an excuse for the corner not to do anything either? That is essentially what you are saying. It is a team sport but Everyone has to do their jobs regardless of the others around them. If a corner fooks up he fooks up blaming the pass rush and the others isn't going to fly in anyones book. You still have a job to do.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't know whats going on with you but that is a load of garbage.

So if someone doesn't follow the same opinion as you there is something wrong with them? Sounds about right. You are nuts if you think all Pans should have the same opinion on the game. Its actually quite split at the moment peoples opions on it.
    McCourty looked good in the first two games. If he is going to be targeted on every down then he is going to lose out a few times. He is not Revis or Asomugha, he is a decent corner no more no less. Like every corner in the league he can't cover if there is no pass rush and the QB has all day to wait for his man to get open.

McCourty was excellent in the first game and played well at the start of the Cards game but again like the Ravens game had his moments and failed when needed.

The Patriots did their job but the officials gave the Ravens the win. If you don't think thats the case then you are out of your mind.

So our last offensive drive to kill out the game where we failed to convert on 3rd down to keep the ball is the refs fault? The refs didn't help the loss but come on you are starting to sound like a bitter fan.
    I remember reading the gameweek 3 thread and you were blaming Belichick and McDaniels for the loss and screaming about them not using the timeouts when it would have made no difference as I have pointed out in that thread. You need to calm down man, take a step back and get back to being the intelligent chap you normally are.

The made some horrendous calls but you are so far up the hole of the in bill we trust thing you cant even admit the bad playcalling when it happens. As for the timeout thing more than a few were frustrated. It seemed the Pats had given up. Burn the timeout show the fans you still are trying to do something than sit back and take in the arse. Even if burning the timeout guaranteed nothing its still something than letting the Ravens walk away easy.

We were bad all round but we are talking about our secondary here aren't we. Stop trying to move the goal posts to pick on my opinion. That's just daft. At the end of the day the secondary did f*ck all when it mattered at the end of the game so hence this discussion.

No, you are picking on the secondary and refusing to discuss the issue of the front seven doing nothing and leaving the secondary exposed with a QB getting all the time in the world for this players to get open.,
    Really I never knew that? Even though It may not be 100% on the corner that is no excuse for the corner not doing his job either. So every time our pass rush fails or our linebackers do fook all that is an excuse for the corner not to do anything either? That is essentially what you are saying. It is a team sport but Everyone has to do their jobs regardless of the others around them. If a corner fooks up he fooks up blaming the pass rush and the others isn't going to fly in anyones book. You still have a job to do.
    You are exactly right that its a team sport. Honestly I'm surprised at you that is a coach not understanding that its all one unit and every part depends on the other part.

I'll let Hazys answer your reply to my reply to Jamarcus.

Even if the front seven are not getting there, if they are least applying real pressure the QB can't hang on to the ball forever.

And you know full well that any receiver worth his salt is going to get free at some stage if he has enough time.
    I'll let somebody else reply to your reply to my reply to Jamarcus;)

No, you are picking on the secondary and refusing to discuss the issue of the front seven doing nothing and leaving the secondary exposed with a QB getting all the time in the world for this players to get open.,

I already said they were poor in fact the whole team is hit and miss at the moment. But even if the Front 7 fail there is no excuse for the secondary to give up either. That is stupid talk.

You are exactly right that its a team sport. Honestly I'm surprised at you that is a coach not understanding that its all one unit and every part depends on the other part.

Ah here fook off. Really love when people bring in my coaching background to bulk their argument such a stupid thing to argue with. Individuals can still be blamed for their mistakes and do things wrong. As a team its too make sure everyone performs and If other areas of your team are failing its up to you to support them by doing your job and making sure the team doesn't fook up all together. Such a pathetic answer you came back with.
    I'll let Hazys answer your reply to my reply to Jamarcus.

Yeah sure whatever dude. So are you and Hazy going to educate me about the importance of a good pass rush and how if they fail it all goes wrong? Please if that is the case don't bother. We talked about this in great lengths last season and I agree our front seven needed pressure but using them as an excuse for the failures of our secondary all the time is pathetic at best. At times in the game sunday our front 7 did fook all and our secondary did well but as soon as the secondary fail the excuses have rolled and it becomes Oh thats our front 7 also.
    Even if the front seven are not getting there, if they are least applying real pressure the QB can't hang on to the ball forever.

All I see here is excuses.
    And you know full well that any receiver worth his salt is going to get free at some stage if he has enough time.
    I'll let somebody else reply to your reply to my reply to Jamarcus;)

Do what you want dude. If you don't want to listen to other people's opinions on things why bother in the first place. Just because we all follow the same team doesn't mean we all conform to the same opinion. That would be stupid at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Bill fined $50k for touching the Ref.

C'mon the majority of the blame of the loss in this thread is on the secondary and specifically McCourty. This is obviously not "let's have a general conversation about our secondary" topic. The topic is "who's mostly to blame for the loss", i think you are the one who is moving the goal posts to suit your arguement.

Really I never knew that? Even though It may not be 100% on the corner that is no excuse for the corner not doing his job either. So every time our pass rush fails or our linebackers do fook all that is an excuse for the corner not to do anything either? TBF a corner cannot cover WRs forever they will eventaully get open with time. I dont think Revis could cover me if you gave me 30 minutes to eventaully get open. That is essentially what you are saying. It is a team sport but Everyone has to do their jobs regardless of the others around them. If a corner fooks up he fooks up blaming the pass rush and the others isn't going to fly in anyones book. You still have a job to do.

So with 0 sacks and 0 pass rush and a poor rush defense the enitre game its seems like the DL and LBs failed a lot in this game but its is the secondary that is getting all the attention. Obviously the secondary made mistakes on Sunday but they were not by far the worst part of our defense. The pass rush did fook all at the end of the game too and for the whole game too, at least the secondary made plays to get off the field at different times during the game.

Bill fined $50k for touching the Ref.

Sounds duuurty, Bill you dawg

I genuinely missed this post in the game thread. Mathematically, you're right, we didn't have enough timeouts to definitely stop them from running down the clock before the FG. However they had centred up for the field goal and I don't think they would sacrificed the extra 3-4 yards for their rookie kicker. Maybe they would have, but I doubt it.

As far as blaming the officials, I think that's a cop out. Yeah they were poor, but we should have been out of sight. The playcalling was abysmal all night, especially on offence. McDaniels is not working out and is showing all the signs of a one/two season wonder. The offence only looked effective when Brady took charge on no-huddle and pre-snap adjustments. Some of the calls have been bizarre. We have our BJGE replacement in Brandon Bolden - he's a perfectly capable goal line back as he proved with his TD. So when we get to 1st and goal at the 4, what do we do? We run for a loss of 4 with Ridley, and then for no gain with Danny "2.3 yards per carry" Woodhead up the middle. McDaniels seems intent on forcing Woodhead into the playbook on generic run plays when he's not that type of back at all. We settled for a FG on that drive having decimated them through the air to get to the 4 yard line in the first place. McDaniels is also not getting enough out of Gronkowski - he's never been effective working tight ends into his offence and it's showing again this time round even though we have the most talented pass catching tight end in league history. His per game stats are noticeably down too.

There's also the epic clusterfúck that was trying to close out the game. We had 1st and 10 with 2 minutes and 20 seconds remaining, the Ravens with all their timeouts. Somehow, beyond all logic and basic clock management playcalling, we ended up giving them back the ball BEFORE the 2 minute warning, and they still had 2 timeouts remaining. How on earth is that allowed to happen?

We've 8 dropped passes over the last 2 weeks, Brady has overthrown several receivers on deep throws (again, McDaniels, we don't have the personnel for these plays so stop forcing them), we've missed tackles (that Gregory play the other night was unforgivable) and even the reliable Gostkowski missed a gimme. There's mistakes all over the place.

Our pass defence was good the first 2 weeks - against Jake Locker and Kevin Kolb with poor O-lines when our pass rush was able to get going. Against a decent QB with a good O-line, there was no pressure or at least that's how it looked. When any half-decent offence needs to get down the field on us, they do it with such ease. As soon as the Ravens got the ball back, I posted that there was no way they were not going to score. That's how obvious it was and I'm sick of it. It's got to the stage that if we don't have a two score lead at the end of a game and the other team has a decent chunk of clock left, we're favourites to lose.

Blaming the refs - while they did make mistakes - is the easy way out. Yeah, those mistakes shouldn't happen, but we allowed them to matter. We kept the Ravens in the game far more than the officials did.

Blaming the refs - while they did make mistakes - is the easy way out. Yeah, those mistakes shouldn't happen, but we allowed them to matter. We kept the Ravens in the game far more than the officials did.

The game was always going to be close. In a perfect world with perfect officiating the refs would have no impact on the result of the game, but we had horrible officiating, the worst i have ever see and it clearly had an impact on the game. The fact that the game was won by just 1 point makes it harder to digest since more of the bigger calls went against us.

We could have played the exact same way and if the refs randomly made more mistakes that went in our favour, we could have easily won and our perspective would be completely different. Thats why it wasnt a terrible result.

I tend to get angrier with the multi-millionaire professionals who not doing their job that they train for every day of the week rather than the replacement officials who have been temporarily thrust in at no notice with no experience to keep things ticking over.

The Patriots are 1-2 because of the Patriots. No one else.

• Advertisement

I tend to get angrier with the multi-millionaire professionals who not doing their job that they train for every day of the week rather than the replacement officials who have been temporarily thrust in at no notice with no experience to keep things ticking over.

The Patriots are 1-2 because of the Patriots. No one else.

I think you are being harsh to say they are not doing their job, we lost to a good team away from home by 1 point. That game could have gone either way for many reasons.

Yes but what I'm saying is, in my opinion, it's very obvious that of those many reasons - by the far the biggest is our own poor performance. Had we performed well and still lost, I'd be more inclined to feel hard done by the officials. But there was so many poor aspects to our performance and gameplan that I'm not bothered about the officials, I'm more angry at the team.

It's got to the stage that if we don't have a two score lead at the end of a game and the other team has a decent chunk of clock left, we're favourites to lose.

Once the Ravens got their last possession, even my wife couldn't watch anymore, because she knew the loss was coming. I actually just turned off the TV, I really couldn't endure the inevitable. The clock management was dire and giving the ball to Woodhead, especially in the red zone? When we had more powerful running options available was crazy. Anyway, Woodhead for me is as about as useful running the ball as tits on a bull.

Last year Brady would have probably got the first down with Gronk and got us under the 2 minute mark with ease. Three games in now and it's looking like Brady is just better off taking the lead and ignoring sideline calls from McDaniels. Gronk seems to be ignored at times, yet he creates the perfect mismatch and is nearly a guaranteed option.

In the second quarter McDaniel’s called a direct snap end-around play, which went totally wrong and resulted in a 13-yard loss. Brady had a groove going up until that point and we ended up punting. Clearly a case of McDaniel’s being too clever I think. There are positives though with a stronger run game and Lloyd bringing more to the table. But Gronk’s lack of action is mystifying. I'll reserve judgement on McDaniels just yet and see how it looks after another 3-4 games.

I genuinely missed this post in the game thread. Mathematically, you're right, we didn't have enough timeouts to definitely stop them from running down the clock before the FG. However they had centred up for the field goal and I don't think they would sacrificed the extra 3-4 yards for their rookie kicker. Maybe they would have, but I doubt it.
    They had a chip shot the couple of yards made no difference.
    As far as blaming the officials, I think that's a cop out. Yeah they were poor, but we should have been out of sight. The playcalling was abysmal all night, especially on offence. McDaniels is not working out and is showing all the signs of a one/two season wonder. The offence only looked effective when Brady took charge on no-huddle and pre-snap adjustments. Some of the calls have been bizarre. We have our BJGE replacement in Brandon Bolden - he's a perfectly capable goal line back as he proved with his TD. So when we get to 1st and goal at the 4, what do we do? We run for a loss of 4 with Ridley, and then for no gain with Danny "2.3 yards per carry" Woodhead up the middle. McDaniels seems intent on forcing Woodhead into the playbook on generic run plays when he's not that type of back at all. We settled for a FG on that drive having decimated them through the air to get to the 4 yard line in the first place. McDaniels is also not getting enough out of Gronkowski - he's never been effective working tight ends into his offence and it's showing again this time round even though we have the most talented pass catching tight end in league history. His per game stats are noticeably down too.
    Whether we like it or not Woodhead is in there as the 3db and on a lot of screens. I don't like it myself because you are basically telling the opposition that we are going to run a screen anytime Woodhead is in there other than on third down. Thing is though that he should have been given a td against the cards and none of us would be as hard on him after he had won us a game.
    The big problem for Gronk is that he was the only TE target the other night with Hernandez out and Winslow just in the door. Also the OL is clearly not up to scratch and he is spending more time blocking than we would like.
    That play on 1st and 4 that was blown up would have been blown up no matter who the back was imo.
    There's also the epic clusterfúck that was trying to close out the game. We had 1st and 10 with 2 minutes and 20 seconds remaining, the Ravens with all their timeouts. Somehow, beyond all logic and basic clock management playcalling, we ended up giving them back the ball BEFORE the 2 minute warning, and they still had 2 timeouts remaining. How on earth is that allowed to happen?
    Sometimes those risks work for you, sometimes they go against you. How many times in a tight game have you seen Tom Brady connect for a big gain and we all say 'thats why I love TB12, this is why Belichick is the best coach on the planet, because he has balls of steel'?
    We've 8 dropped passes over the last 2 weeks, Brady has overthrown several receivers on deep throws (again, McDaniels, we don't have the personnel for these plays so stop forcing them), we've missed tackles (that Gregory play the other night was unforgivable) and even the reliable Gostkowski missed a gimme. There's mistakes all over the place.
    Yes there have been mistakes but the problem lies with our OL more than anywhere else. Brian Waters chose not to report back and we are struggling without him. Belichick and the FO must have thought Waters was coming back and went all out defense in the draft. Hell when it looked like he didn't want to come back they offered him triple what he was earning.
    The one thing that has remained constant all during Belichick's time is New England is this bend don't break philosophy late in the game. I've never liked it, I think its something the players are not used to and why change something thats worked all through the game up to that point. I don't understand the reason for it.
    Our pass defence was good the first 2 weeks - against Jake Locker and Kevin Kolb with poor O-lines when our pass rush was able to get going. Against a decent QB with a good O-line, there was no pressure or at least that's how it looked. When any half-decent offence needs to get down the field on us, they do it with such ease. As soon as the Ravens got the ball back, I posted that there was no way they were not going to score. That's how obvious it was and I'm sick of it. It's got to the stage that if we don't have a two score lead at the end of a game and the other team has a decent chunk of clock left, we're favourites to lose.
    The mistakes on defense only became evident when our front seven failed to even pressure Flacco. I think any reasonable person will understand that given that sort of time you are going to connect with a receiver and defenders are going to look awful from time to time. If you are open against the quick pass any mistake is on the defender imo but if the QB has all day then its on the front seven I think.
    I'm confident we would have won that game had the referees not made those huge errors. Its not a cop out, its just the plain truth.

You won't hear me screaming blue muder very often after a Patriots loss. There might be something controversial from time to time but I won't go on about it all day everyday. The refereeing issue has sickened me because I love the game and I like the best team winning(even though if thats the Jets it hurts a hell of a lot) and I am already fed up of this. I feel we've been robbed of two wins. The could be the difference between having HFA and having to travel in the playoffs which is huge to say the least.

I forgot to add that the field goal was no good but given of course. I've watched it a load of times and while its still on the field side of the posts before it reaches the top of its flight its already outside the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Clearly the couple of yards would've made a big difference to the kick, it wouldn't have gone over. And it went directly over the post and is therefore good.

What I find hilarious though is 2 Pats fans telling me how bad our D-line was as well as our secondary but yet our performance deserved the win and we lost because of the refs. I agree with JMR we were poor and we can bang on about how the refs did this and the refs did that but not even our trusted offense could run the clock down and keep the ball. We had a golden opportunity ourselves to keep the ball and run the clock but we couldn't move it because our performance offensively was sub par but yet it was the refs faults. Some fans need to cop on.

Also my last thing on this you can blame the front 7 all you want but to make excuses for the secondary also based on poor performance by the front is pathetic. Basically you are saying the secondary only gave up because no one else was doing their jobs.

You guys have clearly told us how bad our front 7 were and Im telling you how bad our secondary was. So lets add it all together and say our defense fooking sucked at the end of the game then yeah? Adding that then to the fact I mentioned our offense couldn't even hold on to the ball to zap the clock and win the game it clearly shows our performance was poor.

Also the staying withing 1 point of the Ravens is not something to be proud of. The game was there for the taking when we were 2 points up and we failed. Both teams were definitely not playing to their full potential.

Based on what I saw that night against the Ravens, my aftermath opinion was....
    Overall, it looks like the defence has reverted back to 2011 form. There are no excuses now, these guys have got the full camp and preseason prep in this year. Yet we still have to watch their basic errors and bad execution.

Ninkovich outplayed by a rookie, McCourty and Arrignton missing golden chances for interceptions. The whole defensive unit was poor. It just reminded me of last season with our poor defense and an offense having to win games alone.

What I find hilarious though is 2 Pats fans telling me how bad our D-line was as well as our secondary but yet our performance deserved the win and we lost because of the refs. I agree with JMR we were poor and we can bang on about how the refs did this and the refs did that but not even our trusted offense could run the clock down and keep the ball. We had a golden opportunity ourselves to keep the ball and run the clock but we couldn't move it because our performance offensively was sub par but yet it was the refs faults. Some fans need to cop on.

Also my last thing on this you can blame the front 7 all you want but to make excuses for the secondary also based on poor performance by the front is pathetic. Basically you are saying the secondary only gave up because no one else was doing their jobs.

You guys have clearly told us how bad our front 7 were and Im telling you how bad our secondary was. So lets add it all together and say our defense fooking sucked at the end of the game then yeah? Adding that then to the fact I mentioned our offense couldn't even hold on to the ball to zap the clock and win the game it clearly shows our performance was poor.

Also the staying withing 1 point of the Ravens is not something to be proud of. The game was there for the taking when we were 2 points up and we failed. Both teams were definitely not playing to their full potential.
    I didn't read anybody saying our performance was great or even good. What I said is we did enough to win the game if the referees did their job. I said earlier that the only time you can call out the secondary is when the QB has to get rid of the ball quickly and they fail. If you leave a QB all day to deliver then its going to be trouble.

I counted out 1/1000, 2/1000, 3/1000, 4/1000, 5/1000 in a relaxed manner and everytime I did it that Flacco held onto the ball he was still standing with loads of space. This is not me coming down hard on our front seven because I blame the referees for this.

Lets go through wrong penalties right at the end of the game.

2nd and 14, Ravens have the ball on their own 16. Referees call defensive holding on Devin McCourty which never happened. This gives the Ravens a first down on their own 21 when it was really an incompletion and they have one more attempt to get the 14 yards or they punt. Same drive is still alive at the Patriots 10. 2nd and goal, defensive holding Brandon Spikes gives them a first down and 5 instead of one more opportunity to find the end zone or take the field goal.

Neither of those was a penalty.
    Thats two penalties that led to a Ravens td.

Earlier on in the second quarter there was a pass interference call on Mayo which meant a 3rd down stop in the Ravens half was negated. The Ravens went on to score a touchdown.

Then their last touchdown where Torrey Smith pushed off but they didn't overturn it. Ridiculous. And theres not only that but there are so many players holding on their line on that play which went unseen that you have to believe these officials are blind. Pitta graps Jones' arm to stop him getting to Flacco, Osmele is holding Ninkovich and Kyle Love is being held by Oher. And this stuff was going on all night long too. The play where McCourty should have stopped Boldin making the first down on 3rd and 13 was another time where there was clear holding on Jones and Wilfork.

I could go on but theres enough there to show you just how badly the referees were in this game and how it affected the result.

Basically we were robbed.

• Advertisement

I didn't read anybody saying our performance was great or even good. What I said is we did enough to win the game if the referees did their job. I said earlier that the only time you can call out the secondary is when the QB has to get rid of the ball quickly and they fail. If you leave a QB all day to deliver then its going to be trouble.

I counted out 1/1000, 2/1000, 3/1000, 4/1000, 5/1000 in a relaxed manner and everytime I did it that Flacco held onto the ball he was still standing with loads of space. This is not me coming down hard on our front seven because I blame the referees for this.

Lets go through wrong penalties right at the end of the game.

2nd and 14, Ravens have the ball on their own 16. Referees call defensive holding on Devin McCourty which never happened. This gives the Ravens a first down on their own 21 when it was really an incompletion and they have one more attempt to get the 14 yards or they punt. Same drive is still alive at the Patriots 10. 2nd and goal, defensive holding Brandon Spikes gives them a first down and 5 instead of one more opportunity to find the end zone or take the field goal.

Neither of those was a penalty.
    Thats two penalties that led to a Ravens td.

Earlier on in the second quarter there was a pass interference call on Mayo which meant a 3rd down stop in the Ravens half was negated. The Ravens went on to score a touchdown.

Then their last touchdown where Torrey Smith pushed off but they didn't overturn it. Ridiculous. And theres not only that but there are so many players holding on their line on that play which went unseen that you have to believe these officials are blind. Pitta graps Jones' arm to stop him getting to Flacco, Osmele is holding Ninkovich and Kyle Love is being held by Oher. And this stuff was going on all night long too. The play where McCourty should have stopped Boldin making the first down on 3rd and 13 was another time where there was clear holding on Jones and Wilfork.

I could go on but theres enough there to show you just how badly the referees were in this game and how it affected the result.

Basically we were robbed.

Im going to bow out of this argument because Im not interested in discussing penalties or getting involved in a we were robbed back and forth debate. You have continually ignored where I mentioned our last offensive drive that could have and in fact should have wrapped the game up for us. So Im out you stick to your excuses and refs robbed us line and I will stick to the fact the Pats are bad at the moment and if we have to depend on refs to win us the games maybe we should take a long hard look at our team. The stupid thing is you admit we were bad but yet the refs robbed us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement