Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

**** you bitches

Think it was sped up to fit imgur's size restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Cue Welker busting his ass laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

wilforkdestroy.gif

I could have sworn the ball landed in my garden after that hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Hazys wrote: »
    I must say, what a difference real refs make, you dont even notice them...the game went so smoothly today and no dodgy calls compared to last weeks debacle.

I think the Pats had 1 penalty called against them today, which is very patriot like, unlike last week where they had 10+ calls against them...still a joke

Big time, the penalties are called so quickly. Very smooth, hassle free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Dan Koppen will be starting Center for the Broncos on Sunday...weird

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/01/broncos-lose-j-d-walton-for-season-with-broken-ankle/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,704 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It will be weird seeing Koppen as center for Manning for sure.

I came into this thread to see if there was any praise for McCourty who had an outstanding game yesterday. I see none of his detractors seen fit to post anything positive about him. He wasn't the only defender to play well but seeing as he got so much flack in this thread last week I was hoping that some of those would have come on and said something about his performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

eagle eye wrote: »
    It will be weird seeing Koppen as center for Manning for sure.

I came into this thread to see if there was any praise for McCourty who had an outstanding game yesterday. I see none of his detractors seen fit to post anything positive about him. He wasn't the only defender to play well but seeing as he got so much flack in this thread last week I was hoping that some of those would have come on and said something about his performance.

I'd tone it down there champ. There was plenty of us singing his praises in the Week 4 thread yesterday ;)

I'd tone it down there champ. There was plenty of us singing his praises in the Week 4 thread yesterday ;)
    Where did you post about how good he played apart from one very short post when he intercepted a pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

A parade with a bit of fanfare is required maybe

The safety's were our weakest link on Sunday, especially Chung, his tackling and coverage was woeful at times. McCourty isn't out of the woods yet imo. He might have had 2 interceptions, but for the first interception he was well beaten by Graham down the sideline. It was Fitzpatrick's under thrown pass which presented the opportunity. Still he took his chance well, because he has missed a couple of these already this season. His second interception was simply excellent. There's no doubt he has the skill set needed, he just needs to get the consistency now and keep delivering.

Tavon Wilson just continues to shine with every opportunity. I'd bench Chung and start Wilson, he just seems to have a good instinct for making plays. Chung was so exposed against the Bills and I think his lack of size is also beginning to tell, too often I've seen him bounce off offensive players or fail to stop them. This is the last year of his contract and he's not impressing anyone with his play. No news yet on the Gregory injury, but if he's out for awhile it will keep Chung on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Cue Welker busting his ass laughing.

Welker cleared all that up today when he revealed the true targets of Brady's outburst.

“I think it was kind of directed at, towards me and Deion [Branch] a little bit," Welker said today on WEEI's Mut and Merloni show. "We were giving him a hard time that his knee was down and we didn’t know what he was doing on the bench over there. He better get his butt up and get back out on the field because his knee was down and so he’s like, ‘what are you talking about, I was in.’ So I think they caught him at a perfect moment where we were just kind of just jawing back and forth and things like that."

Some story, Welker should be a politician. I don't believe him though, the crowd jeered when the Ref said the decision on the field stands as called (Brady's TD). Brady rightly expressed his opinion at their jeers and boos, which we all lip read.:D

Tavon Wilson just continues to shine with every opportunity. I'd bench Chung and start Wilson, he just seems to have a good instinct for making plays. Chung was so exposed against the Bills and I think his lack of size is also beginning to tell, too often I've seen him bounce off offensive players or fail to stop them. This is the last year of his contract and he's not impressing anyone with his play. No news yet on the Gregory injury, but if he's out for awhile it will keep Chung on the pitch.
    Its Gregory who is the big problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mike912

Masked Man wrote: »
    Should of said Pats running game instead of Ridley. Lol me trying to predict who the pats will use.

Good call nonetheless. For my jibberish...can't be happier for being so completely wrong:D

Its Gregory who is the big problem.

He was part of our weak safety play against the Bills. But having to move out of position, while trying to bail Chung out didn't help him at all.

Contract year for Chung too I believe. I'd be surprised if he's retained.

Contract year for Chung too I believe. I'd be surprised if he's retained.

+1
    This is the last year of his contract and he's not impressing anyone with his play.

I should read full posts :o

Apologies

McCourty's part of a defense that is still really worrying considering the offense was sharp in the second half. Hardly anything was generated on the rush, just six pressures, Wilfork, Love and Chandler Jones especially (one of our best D-line) was held in check by Cordy Glenn. Pass defense in my view was/is poor. Fitzpatrick fired 22/35 for 350 and 4 TDs, his receivers had big averages, if it wasn't for the four INTs, that's a strong stat line. Quarterbacks on the season are completing a lot of balls and touchdowns against us.

Sure McCourty had a good game but the defense isn't great on the whole. A worrying carry on from last season.

I should read full posts :o

Apologies

No need to be apologising bud, sure we've all done it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭decies

Our offence ranked 1st our defence ranked 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

nfl.com wrote:
    The New England Patriots need depth at linebacker. Bobby Carpenter is ready to help.

Tom Curran of CSNNE.com confirmed that Carpenter is headed back to the Patriots. That's not a good sign for rookie Dont'a Hightower, who left last week's win over the Buffalo Bills with a hamstring injury.

Carpenter was a surprise cut by New England after a reportedly strong training camp. The Patriots' defense has looked a lot better this year, especially at linebacker with Hightower and a healthy Brandon Spikes.

New England's defense gets another tough test this week in Foxborough against Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos. Week 5 does not have a slate of terrific games, but Manning-Brady might be the game we've been looking forward to most all season.

UPDATE: The Patriots later announced the signing of Carpenter. The team released defensive lineman Terrell McClain to clear roster space for the linebacker.

Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.

Link

Was hoping the Hightower injury would turn out to be nothing :(

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Link

Was hoping the Hightower injury would turn out to be nothing :(

I haven't heard anything specific on how bad the hamstring injury is. But bringing in Carpenter to cover isn't a good sign.

Hightower practised today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Get off your high horse will you. Trying to prove a point is sad by saying sh1t like this. McCourty had a very good game against Bills no doubt about it but like every player in the NFL they have their weaknesses and McCourty is so fooking hot and cold this year. One minute he is doing amazing things and the next he is choking and all this in the same game.

Our defense on whole is hot and cold and clearly as a unit has issues but McCourty is not perfect and he isn't alone a few of them need to get their act together. And to be fair EE we started that Bills game badly and lets face it singing our defenses praises and gloating is stupid as the Bills are fooking awful football team and the result showed that in the end. They should never have given us any trouble to begin with.

Hightower practised today

This is very good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I'm actually more worried about the D this year than last.

Last year there was the whole "bend but dont break" mentallity where teams could rack up huge yards against us, but found it tough to score many points, especially in the red zone.

This year though, we're giving up a lot of big plays and allowing softer TD's.
    We're in bad need of better Safeties.

Big congrats to Chandler Jones on being named the first Defensive Rookie of the Month this season. Hard to argue with that, not that I'd try :P

Looks like Bill was spot on in trading up for the guy, I never thought he'd show such an immediate impact.

I was reading Pro Football Weekly (PM for this week's copy if you wish) and one "insider" criticised Jones for only having one good game, versus Tennessee. I thought that was madness, he made bits of the Cardinals LT, Baptiste. He was held in check vs. Buffalo but that line played well.

• Advertisement

That's really crap "insider" knowledge.

I thought he was great versus Buffalo. A sack, 5 additional tackles - two of which were for a loss (one on 3rd and short which forced a Bills punt) - and he was also up in Fitzpatrick's face for one of the interceptions to McCourty. I was very happy with his performance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement