Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Any trouble with the download? I keep getting an error around 98% saying it can't be downloaded

No trouble with the Mass Effect dlc but I did have trouble tonight downloading the Forza and Xcom demos from the Marketplace.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Typical...i spend 100k credits on a chest and get 3 characters, none of which are from the last 2 dlc's :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Volus's?! I might have to go give this another go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Multiplayer 2.0

That's how I'm summing it up. An incredible (and still free) revision of the multiplayer system. They have injected months of life into the game. They fixed the bugs, added challenges and titles, created very clever new character classes and added 2 enemies which are designed to rethink their strategies. The geth bomber was badly needed.

No more farming on firebase white is a welcome addition. As someone that frequently farmed there, it detracted from the rest of the game and I simply got bored of it unless there were operations on during the weekend.

3 packs opened...got a Volus Adept AND a Volus Engineer :D The Volus are Ultra Rares.

My brother and myself were wrecking Gold last night with 2 x Krogan Vanguards and a Volus Adept :)

FOR TUCHANKA!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Multiplayer 2.0

That's how I'm summing it up. An incredible (and still free) revision of the multiplayer system. They have injected months of life into the game. They fixed the bugs, added challenges and titles, created very clever new character classes and added 2 enemies which are designed to rethink their strategies. The geth bomber was badly needed.

No more farming on firebase white is a welcome addition. As someone that frequently farmed there, it detracted from the rest of the game and I simply got bored of it unless there were operations on during the weekend.

3 packs opened...got a Volus Adept AND a Volus Engineer :D The Volus are Ultra Rares.

My brother and myself were wrecking Gold last night with 2 x Krogan Vanguards and a Volus Adept :)

FOR TUCHANKA!!!!

Definitely agree with that, I think this is going to being a lot of people back in who felt it got stale and samey. I can see this becoming an online staple for myself and my mates.

• Advertisement

Definitely agree with that, I think this is going to being a lot of people back in who felt it got stale and samey. I can see this becoming an online staple for myself and my mates.

The one thing we noticed yesterday was that people were playing more like a team than before.

Regarding the Volus...(spoilering in case people want to discover for themselves)
    The Volus are a pure support class. They cannot hide behind cover at all and so need to literally place themselves well whereever they are.

Their light melee is a cloak and their heavy melee is a shield bubble lol.

Just 150 health and 500 shields so if you get caught in a firefight you are goosed. But that's the point...the Volus are not fighters...they are not meant to be thrown in 1 vs 1 against enemies. They have guns as a last resort really. I'm using an Avenger X with them and nothing more.

I played the Volus Engineer last night for 3 games. The cloak allows you to be a battlefield medic without using one of your regular power slots. The Regen Shields is a lifesaver for all your squadmates, allowing them to stay longer in a fight. Finally, their Recon Mine is one of the coolest powers in the game. You plant it as recon tech and blow it up when you really need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Opened 2 packs...2 Volus Engineers :rolleyes: . How many classes were added since there seems to be no new characters after the N7's in Sentinel and Vanguard?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

FutureGuy wrote: »

The one thing we noticed yesterday was that people were playing more like a team than before

I only played two games, 1 silver, 1 gold, and I definitely noticed that although it was against the collectors both times so it might be necessitated by force, they are IMHO by far the toughest enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I gave up doing golds after a few collector runs, firebase dagger with the duststorm and collector hordes..

Those scions and the Starship Trooper Deaths are just NASTY! But they do look awesome :) Managed to get the grenade challenges completed with my N7 engineer (and her 9 arc grenades)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

The new dlc is now up on the PS3 store ( 385 meg download ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Quite looking forward to getting back into ME3 after I finish RE6. It'd be cool if Bioware released some single player DLC about the Collectors. Have they confirmed any DLC beyond Omega?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

No word, but was an odd reference in the Retaliation DLC announcements: "The Black Arks have arrived" or such signalling the Collectors, dont remember any mention of that phrase from ME2 so could be something. Would explain what happened to the Collectors during ME3
    doubt the Reapers turned a billion strong galaxy spanning race into only 1 stations worth of Collectors, gotta eb more knocking round the galaxy somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

Folks..

I've just picked up ME3 on Xbox (having completed ME1 and 2).

Having put the purchase on the long finger for months - I've tried to avoid this thread because of spoliers etc.

I have heard though that there was issues with the original ending and there may have been DLC to correct it? Is this true?

Also is there much DLC that I should get at the very start?
    Or does it make any difference when I download it?

(Really only interested in single player for now).

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Folks..

Having put the purchase on the long finger for months - I've tried to avoid this thread because of spoliers etc.

I have heard though that there was issues with the original ending and there may have been DLC to correct it? Is this true?

thanks

The ending is still pretty **** but the multiplayer absolutely makes up for it. I held off playing online for a while but it's like crack once you start playing it.

The singleplayer game is also excellent over all - even if the dialogue is a bit **** on occasion the power and poignancy of the story is breathtaking at times.

Definitely get all the free DLC at the start - most of it is multiplayer but it's better to have it. I haven't gotten the paid DLC so I can't comment on how good they are but if they bundle them at some point I will.

Folks..

thanks

The original ending was ok but lacked explanation. The new ending explains it better. I see the entirety of ME3 as the ending, not the last ten minutes.

Get the single player DLC From the Ashes from the start.

Anyhow, played another 3 hours of Gold with my brother. We both play Krogan Vanguards and were joined by a third Kroguard.

There is something very funny about 3 Krogan meleeing a Geth prime to death.

silly question, but does anyone know if there is a screenshot feature for me3 pc with origin, ye know like the one on steam?

Nope, no in built screenshot feature iirc. You can launch the game through Steam apparently, and use the Steam feature though.

awesome, that'll work :)

well, thats 345 hours i'll never get back..

kind of ashamed to be in the top 1% on the N7 leaderboard :/

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/index.php?name=sprucelee76&platform=pc

• Advertisement

well, thats 345 hours i'll never get back..

kind of ashamed to be in the top 1% on the N7 leaderboard :/

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/index.php?name=sprucelee76&platform=pc

Awesome. Top 8% me.

Kinda surprised. Obviously I'm still on the thick end of the bell curve there.

Only 65 hours played.:)

Has the latest patch fixed the vanguard bugs?

Cuz they're so fun to play but its a right pain in the arse when you have to leave 1/4 of games.

giz a look at your profile Gbear. Not sure on the vanguards, tbh i just played two matches today and got one slightly different bug than i'm used to.

Charged a possessed abomination - it exploded in the massive boom - ME3 sound stopped for the entire duration of the match. Maybe it just deafened my vanguard lol

Bought 3 premium chests tonight....and not a single new character.

This is bull****.

the volus are ultra rare, good chance of getting them if you have most or all of the weapons already, otherwise you could be ages waiting to get one.

What packs are you buying? premium spectres?

Yeah, premium spectre packs. I wouldnt mind if it was just a Volus character i was looking for, but i've no Geth, no N7, no Vorcha etc...so i should have at least gotten one of them.

ye can get those from the 20k veteran packs too, and the 5k credits packs give you weapon & gear mods sometimes(non-consumable). Spectres and Premiums usually always give a rare, but it can an incredibly crap one like a consumable weapon mod instead of a weapon or character.

try getting a few veteran packs, they should pop the characters for you, they just have a really low chance for ultra rares.

Bought 4 veteran packs there, but still none of the newer characters. I keep getting xp boosts for characters i already have, and weapons i don't like. Got the Harpoon gun earlier from a premium chest, and thought it would be brilliant. Boy oh boy was i wrong. I embarrassed myself in that round :P

Still though, really enjoying it again so i'm happy to wait it out.

The Kishock harpoon gun, havent used it much myself but i didnt like it much either, it's an awkward weapon to use.

I tend to use the valiant sniper rifle, or the saber assault rifle when i'm sniping, that AR is insane! does almost as much damage as the widow with the right mods, and fires a lot faster :D

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=Grogleberry&platform=pc

Nothing to write home about. I had most of the characters before the latest DLC - missing about 3 or 4 of the N7 ones and a few of the others from the previous DLC.

I spent loads of money on new PC bits so now I have nothing to buy new games with.

That's grand. Starcraft 2 and ME3 reward playing lots.:)
    Kiith wrote: »
    Bought 4 veteran packs there, but still none of the newer characters. I keep getting xp boosts for characters i already have, and weapons i don't like. Got the Harpoon gun earlier from a premium chest, and thought it would be brilliant. Boy oh boy was i wrong. I embarrassed myself in that round :P

Still though, really enjoying it again so i'm happy to wait it out.

The harpoon gun is a funny one. It's dead hard to use but it's super satisfying when you aim slightly above an enemy halfway across the map and get the head shot.
    I think it's possibly the most powerful gun in the game when charged.

On balance it's pretty crap though. I don't really enjoy only using snipers anymore. The best one I have is a Viper 7 and that's alright because the big clip and rate of fire.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    The harpoon gun is a funny one. It's dead hard to use but it's super satisfying when you aim slightly above an enemy halfway across the map and get the head shot.
    I think it's possibly the most powerful gun in the game when charged.

On balance it's pretty crap though. I don't really enjoy only using snipers anymore. The best one I have is a Viper 7 and that's alright because the big clip and rate of fire.

Yeah, there were a couple of times when i got good shots and it was pretty satisfying, but overall i hated it. It's probably brilliant if you get good with it though. Sting with the N7 (Valiant?) sniper for now, and occasionally use the Widow.

Still playing as my Human Adept the most, with only a pistol. Constant biotic powers is great fun. Looking forward to trying some of the other characters though.

And god damn it, i want a Geth!! :P

Advertisement