Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Bioware announced details on the "Omega" Single-Player DLC.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-12-date-for-mass-effect-3s-omega-dlc-the-biggest-and-most-expensive-yet

Out on the 27th of November, round €12 and "largest DLC yet" at about twice the size of Leviathan. Not much details on content as of yet...
    The expansion will see players team up with ousted Omega ruler Aria T'loak to retake the station from Cerberus control.

Omega's story follows the Mass Effect 3: Invasion prequel comics, which saw evil General Petrovsky move in and secure the space station for the Illusive Man's evil clutches. Petrovsky will return in Omega, Gamble confirmed. We'll also get our first glimpse at a female turian.

Not really pushed on it personally, have no real intrest in going back to the SP after finishing the game.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I'll almost certainly pick it up unless the reviews are dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Bioware announced details on the "Omega" Single-Player DLC.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-12-date-for-mass-effect-3s-omega-dlc-the-biggest-and-most-expensive-yet

Out on the 27th of November, round €12 and "largest DLC yet" at about twice the size of Leviathan. Not much details on content as of yet...

Not really pushed on it personally, have no real intrest in going back to the SP after finishing the game.

I presumed that'd appear at some stage.

Aria really stuck out like a sore thumb in the normal game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'll be picking it up either way :) nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gbear wrote: »
    I presumed that'd appear at some stage.

Aria really stuck out like a sore thumb in the normal game.

Yeah, there really was a smell of DLC from her from the get-go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have some points sitting in my account but as this'll be 1200 I need more, so in the end this is going to cost me more than €12 :(. Might wait to see if there is a sale even if it's unlikely.

No good reason for them to still be using points ( other than ripping off customers), there are times when you can get points cheaper than the € amount but that does not happen as often as to balance it out against the annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm holding off on buying any of the DLC until they announce exactly what will be included in the ME Trilogy set for the PS3. They could include some ME3 DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm holding off on buying any of the DLC until they announce exactly what will be included in the ME Trilogy set for the PS3. They could include some ME3 DLC.

The trilogy set really should be complete, it's a bit silly otherwise. Did I read that the 360 version won't have DLC? It's kinda like removing DVD extras from boxsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,219 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The DLC gets ridiculous.

ME3 the game: 45e. And about 25 hours of gameplay.

From Ashes 10e: 1.5 hours of gample
    Leviathan 10e: 2 hours of gameplay
    Omega 12e: (I'll be mega kind and say 4/5 hours og gameplay).

Not hard to see where they make their money. The DLC packs really are poor bang for your buck compared to the main game.

Played the new multiplayer tonight. Collectors are very hard, they also kind of don't fit in tbh but whatever. Did a GOld on Reapers and it was like a Banshee onslaught so maybe they have upped the difficulty of all classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

noodler wrote: »
    The DLC gets ridiculous.

ME3 the game: 45e. And about 25 hours of gameplay.

From Ashes 10e: 1.5 hours of gample
    Leviathan 10e: 2 hours of gameplay
    Omega 12e: (I'll be mega kind and say 4/5 hours og gameplay).

Not hard to see where they make their money. The DLC packs really are poor bang for your buck compared to the main game.

For From Ashes at least the inclusion of javik lasts the whole game, having him on Thessia was almost worth it by itself.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    For From Ashes at least the inclusion of javik lasts the whole game, having him on Thessia was almost worth it by itself.

For me that just shows how integral that was to the main game and how it was unceremoniously dumped from the main game.

From Ashes and especially Leviathan have been really poor value for the 20e they cost me.

I only went for Levi because I was hoping for Reaper revelations. Omega really doesn't grab me the way it does some people.

I know the multiplayer packs so far were free but they are just reskinned characters and powers from the main game on levels from the main game. That probably sounds very entitled but I don't think they could have gotten away with charging for the Multi DLC and are using the goodwill generated from releasing them free to hammer us with the single stuff.

Thats the way I am starting to feel anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Given the fact that we get free MP stuff, I'm very happy to spend 10-15 euro on single player DLC.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Given the fact that we get free MP stuff, I'm very happy to spend 10-15 euro on single player DLC.

Meh, it sounds flash putting the odd stage from the main game or new skin into a Multiplayer Package called "Resurgence", "Rebellion" etc but thats all it is to me. New skins and the odd new power.

I don't personally think they could ever have charged for the Multi DLC - in fact they seem to have just held back characters, maps etc so as to stagger the multi content and keep interest up.

I was burned on Ashes and Levi so I think I'll hold off on Omega.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The PS3 version of the Mass Effect Trilogy will be launched on 4th December.

The trilogy disc will not contain the Arrival DLC. I wonder if you already own it will the trilogy disc pick it up?

The PS3 version of the Mass Effect Trilogy will be launched on 4th December.

The trilogy disc will not contain the Arrival DLC. I wonder if you already own it will the trilogy disc pick it up?

That's a bit **** of them.

It's pretty important to the story.
    I presume if you didn't play through it they just pretend you did in ME3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Why the hell would they not include Arrival? Was it not released as a DLC for the PS3 originally? As above, it's a pretty big event, and is directly related to what happens at the start of ME3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Kiith wrote: »
    Why the hell would they not include Arrival?

The real question is why make a collection like this and not include ALL of the dlc.

Meh.

Its a reasonable price for all three games even before DLC, when you take into account they are including half a dozen or so of DLC worth 10e each then it is even better.

Regarding the ME1 DLC - I see they are inclduing only one of the two which means PS3 owners will never get to play the second one. They are including bring down the sky but not pinnacle station.

Is Pinnacle Station a big miss?

BTW: This link has a great checklist of what DLC is and is not included across the three systems.
    http://ie.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-trilogy

noodler wrote: »
    Meh.

Its a reasonable price for all three games even before DLC, when you take into account they are including half a dozen or so of DLC worth 10e each then it is even better.

Regarding the ME1 DLC - I see they are inclduing only one of the two which means PS3 owners will never get to play the second one. They are including bring down the sky but not pinnacle station.

Is Pinnacle Station a big miss?

BTW: This link has a great checklist of what DLC is and is not included across the three systems.
    http://ie.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-trilogy

Wasn't pinnacle station just about loot? There wasn't much of an associated story was there? Whereas BDTS has an affect on the other two games.

Even if they wanted to charge more, they should've included all the DLC that has an effect on the story.

I'm not denying that it's a reasonable price, it's just odd to leave out one of the more important story dlc's from the 2nd game.

Actually, nm. After seeing the chart on IGN, it looks like they've left out loads of the DLC's on the 360 and pc. Which is just stupid. What's the betting they release a trilogy GOTY edition in 6 months, with all the games plus all the DLC.

• Advertisement

I think its very obvious (personally) that they'd never include From Ashes or Leviathan - they are just too recent and will maintain their value as DLC (sadly imo).

On the PS3, the only other significant DLC is Arrival. I don't think it is that important personally. I mean there is about 3 lines related to it in ME3 IIRC (one at the start "the **** you've pulled..." )and then a conversation with the Batarian on the Citadel.

Oh i kind of agree regarding the ME3 dlc, as they are quite recent. But not the ME2 ones. If it's included on the PS3 version, i see no reason why it shouldn't be included on the Pc/360 version. And Arrival should be on all 3.

Calling it the 'Definitive Mass Effect Experience', and then leaving out LotSB, Overlord, Kasumi and Arrival out is pretty crap.

Kiith wrote: »
    Oh i kind of agree regarding the ME3 dlc, as they are quite recent. But not the ME2 ones. If it's included on the PS3 version, i see no reason why it shouldn't be included on the Pc/360 version. And Arrival should be on all 3.

Calling it the 'Definitive Mass Effect Experience', and then leaving out LotSB, Overlord, Kasumi and Arrival out is pretty crap.

I'd say that it is as simple as the only PS3 discs are the GOTY version with that DLC and the 360 discs don't.

Then again, it looks like the CD art is different in the Trilogy from the original versions? The DLC codes in the PS3 versions still exist perhaps?

Only reason I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭jones

I bought mass effect 3 second hand and am playing away...thing is i finished all of mass effect 2 and all the download content but my ps3 decided to die and i lost everything. Got a new ps3 but i'm starting from scratch very annoying as a lot of my decisions are now different than the way i played ME2...

i was wondering though is there anyway i can get the online pass without spending a tenner on it? i know its my fault for buying second hand just didnt have the money for a new game (plus the second hand one was a nice steelbook ha)

jones wrote: »
    I bought mass effect 3 second hand and am playing away...thing is i finished all of mass effect 2 and all the download content but my ps3 decided to die and i lost everything. Got a new ps3 but i'm starting from scratch very annoying as a lot of my decisions are now different than the way i played ME2...

i was wondering though is there anyway i can get the online pass without spending a tenner on it? i know its my fault for buying second hand just didnt have the money for a new game (plus the second hand one was a nice steelbook ha)

Nope, no way.

Unless there was someone out there who never used their code EVER to play ME3 multiplayer and is willing to fork it over for free but ti seems highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fiachb7

jones wrote: »

Emm go into gamestop and have a shneaky look inside some of the boxes for a pass code and take a pic of it. sly i know but they mightn even be in the box

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

that's as good as walking into gamestop and sticking a game down your cacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

You could just go in and ask them can you look for 1 or do they have any, worse they can say is no

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Fiachb7 wrote: »
    Emm go into gamestop and have a shneaky look inside some of the boxes for a pass code and take a pic of it. sly i know but they mightn even be in the box

you know that's not exactly legal right? Theft of services and all that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What a knacker thing to do.

Advertisement