Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

so long as they dont make a feckin' mmo i'll pay to play whatever they dish up in the ME universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,260 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I felt a bit shortchanged with Leviathan so I don't think I'll be bothered to go for anymore DLC on the single-player.

The gameplay is so-so and I'll probably be happy enough to youtube anything importance scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Do you reckon they'll bundle them at some point? I haven't got any of the paid dlc.
    It'd be nice to pick them all up on the cheap.

Not sure, i don't think they did with me2, could be wrong though.

So mass effect trilogy confirmed.

600x-1

More importantly though, Mass Effect 1 is coming to the PS3.

Thanks god. Really want to play it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-26-mass-effect-trilogy-edition-announced-for-pc-ps3-xbox-360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

noodler wrote: »

It might be difficult to go back and play the first. The story is superb, and has many great moments. The problem is the actual gameplay was much improved in ME2 and perfected in ME3. Still worth playing for the story.

Gameplay is kind of standard tbh.

Only thing I fear is Mako cruising.

Gameplay is kind of standard tbh.

Only thing I fear is Mako cruising.

Ah, the Mako. I'd forgotten about that. I did like the exploration though in ME1. The side-missions were much more open.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Ah, the Mako. I'd forgotten about that. I did like the exploration though in ME1. The side-missions were much more open.

If they could've kept the openness but ditched the cookie-cutter buildings in ME2 and 3 I think it really would've added to those games.

I did have great fun with MAKO. There were just too many planets to explore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

ME1>ME2 or ME3 Yeah I said it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

GTR63 wrote: »
    ME1>ME2 or ME3 Yeah I said it.
    Doesnt mean youre right :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So mass effect trilogy confirmed.

600x-1

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-26-mass-effect-trilogy-edition-announced-for-pc-ps3-xbox-360

rainbowMeme.PNG

^ My face when I read that.

Edit:
    The original Mass Effect will also be released separately on PlayStation 3 as a digital download.

Ah, it sounded too perfect. Naturally there had to be a catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

J. Marston wrote: »

Ah, it sounded too perfect. Naturally there had to be a catch.
    What's the catch?
    They are releasing the trilogy as a set.

They are also releasing the first one as a digital download at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nah, it's just with my awful internet connection it'll probably take two weeks to download.

But I'm glad it's coming out. Wonder if the games will have all the DLC?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

So...is the WiiU getting this trilogy or are they stuck with one third of a story?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

New MP expansion next week, Retaliation.

Eurogamer link

So the usual new weapons & gear, TONS of new classes (16 if the article is to be believed, including Krogan Shaman Adept, Asari Huntress Infiltrator, Turian Havoc Soldier and Batarian Brawler Vanguard), 6 new maps but most of all is the inclusion of the Collectors as a 4th enemy type. Obviously a little crossover with Reapers since Husks in both but meh, more free stuff is ALWAYS good :D

Kudos to EA and Bioware for rollling out so much for so long for free.

Also, Operation Overdrive starts tomorrow at 6.
    Operation OVERDRIVE (October 5th-7th)

Based on intel recovered during Operation PATRIOT, we are anticipating a massive strike from the Reapers on multiple fronts. Our information officers and special-ops teams stationed behind enemy lines require immediate extraction.

Squad Goal: Full extraction on any map at any difficulty in 20 minutes or less. Squads can be any size.

Allied Goal: Complete 200,000 extraction waves on any difficulty. Squads can be any size. Full extraction not required.

Special Circumstance: None

Squad Goal Success: All squad members awarded a Commendation Pack
    Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack

jaykhunter wrote: »
    So...is the WiiU getting this trilogy or are they stuck with one third of a story?

So far they have only announced the third game. I'm sure the trilogy will follow after a while. There would be no point in them releasing the trilogy at the same time. It would just cannibalise sales of the third game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Retalliation drops today. For free as usual :)

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Fair play to Bioware for releasing free additional content this long after release.

Blog post outlines some of the changes coming to the MP system.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/08/developer-blog-updates-coming-to-me3-multiplayer/
    We’re adding hundreds of new multiplayer challenges that can be completed at your own pace. As you progress, you’ll earn Challenge Points, essentially bragging rights. Completion of the top tier “Gold” challenges will reward you with a unique banner and title to display in the multiplayer game lobby. Gold challenges can be completed multiple times for even more points. We’ve also added an additional leaderboard to keep track of the points you collect.

The new system offers an in-game way to track your progress as you complete the challenges. But we’ve also built a new N7 HQ web page that offers a ton of information when you’re not playing, including character lists, leaderboards, and gameplay stats. In-game or online, you’ll have a comprehensive way to review your overall multiplayer progression.

We’ll still be running weekend events, but they’ll be a bit different. When you jump into multiplayer, you’ll be notified that there’s a new Weekend Challenge available. Just like the current Operations, these challenges will only be up for the weekend. But now you’ll be able to instantly track your progress. You’ll also get the spoils of your efforts as soon as you’ve completed the event. No more waiting for the next Tuesday (or longer) to get your Commendation Pack!

There will be a new Weekend Challenge available every weekend, not every two weeks like our current schedule. On top of the Weekend Challenges, we will be unlocking new kits and other surprises each week to help your squad in that next big push against the Collectors.

Knowing if you have accomplished an Operation goal straight after a mission (and getting the Squad Pack) will be great, no more wondering till Wednesday.

Also, Official details page on the DLC, no new maps but 6 existing ones now have chance for enviormental hazards. Also, Cerberus factions now have the "Dragoon" and Geth have "Drones" added to their rosters so even more goodies.

Have to say the new Challenge skins for player banners look a bit....."busy". I like the clean look the lobby has now, this looks a bit off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Any idea what time this content will become available?

I'm guessing around 7pm tonight.

On the banners, it could be good to be able to instantly recognise that someone has completed gold/platinum on certain maps just by a glance at their name in the lobby. Then again, i've gone through nightmarish golds with people who've had a 3k+ rating and did nothing but fail and die on every wave, whereas someone with a rating less than 100 did amazingly well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Downloading it now :D (436 meg in size)

it's not on origin yet, where are you getting it from?

Edit: nvm, xbox version is early, pc is due for around 7 or 8pm and ps3 got effed in the a as usual :/

It's up on origin now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Clover wrote: »
    Downloading it now :D (436 meg in size)

Any trouble with the download? I keep getting an error around 98% saying it can't be downloaded

Worked fine for me, that happens a lot on Origin though. You tried closing Origin and re-opening? Dunno if can clear local data to try download again.

Anywyas, tried a Silver against Collectors....jesus....granted the team I was with were kinda crap but man are the Collectors tough. Nice big heads though :D

Got enough for a Spectre pack from that and opened a Volus Engineer. Funniest moment in gaming this year, cant take cover, cant vault and no melee but hilarious to run round shotgunning Cerberus guys in the crotch (eye level) :p

Firebase white is changed! no more gold camping lol

Yeah collectors are rotten tough, but so are all the others too, they all have an anti-camping unit, Geth have bomber drones that drop grenades all over you... nasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

and ps3 got effed in the a as usual :/

Is it coming out on ps3 at all?

• Advertisement

Is it coming out on ps3 at all?

Just a day later than the rest I believe.

Advertisement