Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

When I went into the plugin downloads last night it said downloads were unavailable because the connection was unstable, or something like that. It said to enable 'download unstable' in the online update section, then try again. (As far as I can tell that's to allow you to update beta drivers, etc., which is not what I wanted to do.)

Anyway, I enabled that and when I went back to the plugin downloads it worked. So give that a go (no I don't know the actual names of anything I just mentioned).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 polomora

SalteeDog

Thanks for the reply.

If I overwrite the original box firmware with an image of my choice, how do I get back if I decide I don't like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

hi guys,im trying to change the number of rows displayed in the epg and cant find that option,i had used that option before but cant seem to find it now,its an ultimo i have but the duo thread seems to be more active so i chanced asking here,im on the latest vix image also,cheers

polomora wrote: »
    SalteeDog

Thanks for the reply.

If I overwrite the original box firmware with an image of my choice, how do I get back if I decide I don't like it?

I've never even switched on a Duo without flashing it first (I've done it with three). I couldn't tell you what happens if you switch it on without flashing. I don't miss it. Neither will you once you try one of the images. I recommend VIX too.

minterno wrote: »
    hi guys,im trying to change the number of rows displayed in the epg and cant find that option,i had used that option before but cant seem to find it now,its an ultimo i have but the duo thread seems to be more active so i chanced asking here,im on the latest vix image also,cheers

On the EPG screen, press Menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

many thanks Gunter Gloop for the quick reply,sorted now,regards

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

SalteeDog

Boxes will come pre-flashed with the image of choice from the supplier - e.g. VIX, Blackhole, VTI. You can always revert to another image by re-flashing the box at any time. No big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

What is 'zapping'??? Its an option that comes up when you can add a timer.

JonnyM wrote: »
    What is 'zapping'??? Its an option that comes up when you can add a timer.

It means "go to a channel". Zap to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

SalteeDog

Thanks for the reply.

When I got mine, it seemed to have vu+ factory firmware, it was pretty shocking.

Switched to ViX, haven't regretted it, tried blackhole for a while, but couldn't get my head around the 'red button to zap', if i'm in the epg, and have a channel selected, and press ok, then that generally is the channel that I want to see, i don't know maybe its just me :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I agree with you on that. Blackhole is a nifty image but its remote control button mappings are awkward.

i have black hole iage installed and am having problems with the epg.

Most of the time its not showing me whats on and other times if i want the epg of certain channels the epg of other channels comes up!!

Pissing me off not being able to see whats on. Any suggestions ??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭micks_address

I'm using latest version of vix and find it much easier than black hole

Most of the time its not showing me whats on and other times if i want the epg of certain channels the epg of other channels comes up!!

Thanks

Thanks

I use Vix, so I don't have any specific suggestions, but recently I had some epg issues and out of frustration I eventually did a complete autoscan. That fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I am using blackhole and have enabled the crosss epg and I have no problems.It shows whats on and givesa summary of now and next.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Make sure you don't have 28.2 and 28.4 both checked in CrossEPG, I had both and experienced a lot of the same problems as you described when both of them checked, think that .4 overwrites a lot of .2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Apogee

I've been using Vix 2.0 until this past week - worked fine and quite responsive.

I've updated to 2.4 this past week, and while it has some nice bells and whistles, I find channel changes noticeably slower and encountered more examples of a spinning Vix logo when scrolling through the EPG etc. I've noticed more blank screens on Saorview too.

How does Vix 3.0 compare to 2.4? Are channel changes any quicker? Any more or less glitches on Saorview?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Apogee wrote: »
    I've been using Vix 2.0 until this past week - worked fine and quite responsive.

I've updated to 2.4 this past week, and while it has some nice bells and whistles, I find channel changes noticeably slower and encountered more examples of a spinning Vix logo when scrolling through the EPG etc. I've noticed more blank screens on Saorview too.

How does Vix 3.0 compare to 2.4? Are channel changes any quicker? Any more or less glitches on Saorview?

I've been on 3.0 for a few weeks now and have had a few problems with Saorview. It only seems to be RTE2 HD that seems to have the problem. Sometimes I get either a black screen with sound or video with no sound. I am using a Nova-T tuner and to be honest I have never found a VIX image that works perfectly with it.

I was on 2.3 before I moved to 3.0 and didn't really notice any change in channel change speeds.

It did take me a while to get the hard drive on the vu+ to show up on the network using 3.0 but once I got the settings right it is working fine.

Regarding the EPG issues, Clareman is correct in saying not to tick both boxes for 28.2 and 28.4. I had that problem and unticking one of them fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,406 ✭✭✭irishgeo

whats are some good plugins for VIX?

Clareman wrote: »
    Make sure you don't have 28.2 and 28.4 both checked in CrossEPG, I had both and experienced a lot of the same problems as you described when both of them checked, think that .4 overwrites a lot of .2

Big thanks to Clareman for his info. I had 28.2 checked so i unchecked this and checked 28.4 and it seemed to work a treat.

Delighted with meself hahaha :pac::pac::pac:

Very easily pleased as you can see!!

• Advertisement

irishgeo wrote: »
    whats are some good plugins for VIX?

I only use three

RemoteStreamConvert - allows me to stream between two enigma receivers (I have a dish on 5W which is only connected to one of the receivers)
    SubsDownloader - useful for pulling down subtitles for movies.
    1channel - useful if theres nothing else to watch (has some bugs though).

Don't load up too many plugins you won't use as, imho, the more you have the more instability you may encounter (possibly because flash storage is limited).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you have a CCTV camera, or any camera with an IP address actually, you might want to get IPCamViewer, allows you to watch the feed like picture in picture. I've heard great things about AutoBouquet Updater which will automatically find new tuner details for the channels you have in your Bouquets, haven't tried myself yet but I keep on meaning to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 scullyonweb

been trying to stream live usa tv channels recently with the livestream plugin.got hlm working but nbc,abc,fox etc blank,got 6 or 7 earthcams which were cool to add to channel bouqets.
    anyway tried addstream plugin also but to no avail,
    i know that us channels cannot be viewed on laptop without vpn or ip blockers to stop viewing outside us much similar to hulu etc.
    has anybody got this going at the moment and if so what settings on which plugin{using vix} loads of potential streams could be added to channel list such nasa hd or even other earthcams

been trying to stream live usa tv channels recently with the livestream plugin.got hlm working but nbc,abc,fox etc blank,got 6 or 7 earthcams which were cool to add to channel bouqets.
    anyway tried addstream plugin also but to no avail,
    i know that us channels cannot be viewed on laptop without vpn or ip blockers to stop viewing outside us much similar to hulu etc.
    has anybody got this going at the moment and if so what settings on which plugin{using vix} loads of potential streams could be added to channel list such nasa hd or even other earthcams
    Your going to a need a VPN , is open VPN not included in the vix image?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

SalteeDog wrote: »
    I only use three

RemoteStreamConvert - allows me to stream between two enigma receivers (I have a dish on 5W which is only connected to one of the receivers)
    SubsDownloader - useful for pulling down subtitles for movies.
    1channel - useful if theres nothing else to watch (has some bugs though).

Don't load up too many plugins you won't use as, imho, the more you have the more instability you may encounter (possibly because flash storage is limited).

Agree 100%
    Far better to have a lean efficient image on your box and then just add the things you want.
    Some firmware are far too over bloated

irishgeo wrote: »
    Your going to a need a VPN , is open VPN not included in the vix image?
    Not sure about open vpn ,been looking at plugins etc but didnt see it.googled it but not too much info out there

For VIX 3.0

"Plugins :- As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

I guys, I am ordering a Vu+ Duo very soon and I want to have wireless N connectivity with the box.

I have a spare TP-Link TL-WN722NC Wireless USB Adapter in the house and was wondering if it will work with the Vu+ Duo? (save me buying a new adapter).

Would anyone know?

[Edit: looks like there might be potential based on this thread].

SalteeDog wrote: »
    For VIX 3.0

"Plugins :- As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)"

thanks salteedog,must upgrade to that vix version and give it a go[was on 2.4]

• Advertisement

grrr plugin feeds down on vix again for the duo , becoming a pain in the arse this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement