Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2012 & training log links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I'm neck and neck with you Warren with 70 SBR points! Hoping to get a bit of a cycle in this weekend and maybe a swim. Running goes without saying!

I know it's only January but I find this incredibly motivating.

Never mind the points, just win the race to first green and you can coast for a bit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Never been as excited to be back in the saddle. And i aint talking about picking your one up in the niteclub after the five to two rush. :D Cycling freely again. Watch that core!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Never mind the points, just win the race to first green and you can coast for a bit ;)

I think I'd have to do a series of 150k weeks to beat Fazz's cycling :eek: Looks like it could be tight between the swimming and cycling...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

What happens when you hit green? (newbie challenger here)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    What happens when you hit green? (newbie challenger here)

The first green on the board will shoot that person straight to the top of the rankings (I'll have to fiddle with the table then to find a way to make these changes automatic)

The whole challenge is about hitting the Green and Gold Benchmarks primarily
    So a single green will lead, until someone else posts a single green and has fewer SBR points than you. They will then be trumpted by A) you posting a 2nd green or someone else posting a green with lower SBR points or someone posting a gold! 2 greens trumpsa single gold by the way... So got all that :D

Basically (I posted this in detail in one of the initial posts in this thread)
    Your overall rank is based on
    1. How many targets you have achieved
    2. What colour they are
    3. How few SBR point you have

Hope that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

The first green on the board will shoot that person straight to the top of the rankings (I'll have to fiddle with the table then to find a way to make these changes automatic)

The whole challenge is about hitting the Green and Gold Benchmarks primarily
    So a single green will lead, until someone else posts a single green and has fewer SBR points than you. They will then be trumpted by A) you posting a 2nd green or someone else posting a green with lower SBR points or someone posting a gold! 2 greens trumpsa single gold by the way... So got all that :D

Basically (I posted this in detail in one of the initial posts in this thread)
    Your overall rank is based on
    1. How many targets you have achieved
    2. What colour they are
    3. How few SBR point you have

Hope that helps

(oops....I'll go back and find your previous explanation....:o)

But basically, what you are saying is....I'm just one unfortunate public health concern away at pools across Ireland (thus closing them until April, which coincidently coincides with my own pool opening) to grabbing the green in swimming. Dammit! So close.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

I'm neck and neck with you Warren with 70 SBR points! Hoping to get a bit of a cycle in this weekend and maybe a swim. Running goes without saying!

I know it's only January but I find this incredibly motivating.

5 extra lengths of the pool tonight and I would have jumped ya GoHard. Must...do...better...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Jack frost was out this morning lads.

You know its slippy when climbing up a hill in the saddle and the rear starts losing grip :)
    good for basic handling skills I guess

Time to take more care on the early weekend morning bikes.
    Of course there's always the turbo.... :p
    But then that's for wuss's... :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

A slowly developing headache and sore throat with an accompanying dose of I feel sh*t means Ive lost ground both in my own targets and here. Dammit. And I have a xc race tomorrow that I hoped would go well. :(

Fazz wrote: »
    Jack frost was out this morning lads.

You know its slippy when climbing up a hill in the saddle and the rear starts losing grip :)
    good for basic handling skills I guess

Time to take more care on the early weekend morning bikes.
    Of course there's always the turbo.... :p
    But then that's for wuss's... :rolleyes:

Too right. Man up!
    Only wimps cycle inside when its cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Is there extra value given for running the hills? My legs are telling me today there should be a x1.5 factor for vertical kms :)

I have to say fantastic work in putting this together MCOS, I'm a Google Docs convert now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Never been as excited to be back in the saddle. And i aint talking about picking your one up in the niteclub after the five to two rush. :D Cycling freely again. Watch that core!

Hip flared after my first outdoor cycle in 2 weeks yesterday. Very frustrating. If this keeps up i may be revising my Frankfurt goal time :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Whos been messing with the spreadsheet?

Me and apologies if I have upset anyone's data :o I've put in a column for the overall rank of the challenge that I will update once a week as late in the week that I can. The status of that will then remain for the next week so you can actually see how you are moving on the challenge versus where you were on last calculation. Fazz is almost 50% to the first green and odds on to hit it first too so once the targets come in the overall SBR points start to become secondary for calculation. Therefore no need for the second tab. I will sort the table regularly by SBR points anyway and others are sorting it by other columns for whatever reason that I'm ok with. I've seen it sorted by turbo kms, name, points, run kms, bike kms, swim kms, treadmill kms so far... so there are plenty on the challenge who know how to sort the table!

So this pins the challenge to a weekly update and maybe a bit of a weekly chat about it in the thread.

If you are sorting the table for some reason, please resort back to SBR points as status quo, thanks.

Its the unique way the challenge is calculated that made this necessary. You may have seen me play with different options such as logging how many of each green and gold target you hit. I was searching for a way to take those into account first. I toyed with variations and without adding another metric or more columns to the spreadsheet I decided the simplest way was to have one sheet and sort the overall rank manually at the end of each week. If I can't I'll delegate that responsibility to anyone willing to do so :D

So, I'll rank the challenge either on a Sunday night or Monday morning.

BTW, the font in the cell will change to green once you input a figure that corresponds with a target. So it will be obvious without needing more columns to see who has hit what targets.

Bear with me folks. I'm open to clever ideas by the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Nice work on the SBR challenge as usual sir.

This was a rest week for me and the only real target for the week was to complete a 20min TT on the turbo- ticked.
    Unfortunately, I have now picked up the flu/chest infection that Mrs Mac and the wee macs have had for the past week. So looking like another low milage week for me. Ah well.

End of week 4 rank now up. This is how it will stand for the week so please don't edit that column. If your last update for week 4 was not included PM me and I'll adjust tomorrow.

Overall it is proving to be a tight one this year and Its fantastic to see so many acticely participating so far. I have to hand it to the ladies, they are really putting the cat amongst the pigoens. Great stuff!

45% of the swim green - your truly
    45% of the cycle green - Fazz, who also has 42% of the swim green
    39% of the run green :eek: - RC I'm disappointed I missed the hot black number you were wearing last night :pac: all these miles gotta have you fit lookin' ;)

Who's gonna get the first green mark?!

Everyone please put your hands together for D'pop who has paved a venture to a Tri debut at Valentia Island on 19th May. Lets see if he can do better than TFBubendorfer's one hit wonder :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Everyone please put your hands together for D'pop who has paved a venture to a Tri debut at Valentia Island on 19th May. Lets see if he can do better than TFBubendorfer's one hit wonder :D

Fair play to him - straight into the deep end with the big boys in the national championship race

39% of the run green :eek: - RC I'm disappointed I missed the hot black number you were wearing last night :pac: all these miles gotta have you fit lookin' ;)

You're just going to have to throw that party you promised for Joey Hannon/Limerick Marathon. I don't take the frock out for just any oul party you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Fair play to you Mike, solid work.
    I had a low bike week this week.. I will not change plan and go SBR points hunting ha :D , even if my running is lower than you guys :o:o
    It really is a great tracker and fun way to compare etc.

I need to update my hours but that's easy at any time.

The real interesting part will be seeing who transfers training points in races.

Thoughts of an additional column :D now that could get very confusing indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Just updated for week - hope that’s ok?
    Another good week. Goal for week was to get an additional cycle in....went outta my way to get 20 miles in Tues and then this morning had a big decision to make. Club cycle or Australian Open tennis final. All round the tennis won with an epic game. Managed to get out later for short but extremely tough 16miles and was well tested with hill repeats – quality over quantity!
    Did not miss any planned sessions this week. 5 Runs, 2 Turbo, 2 cycles, 3 swims, yoga and combat class.
    Goal for this week is yet again - two cycles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Are back-dated kms allowed? I haven't added anything since the 8th of Jan (I haven't done much training either)

Just updated for week - hope that’s ok?
    Another good week. Goal for week was to get an additional cycle in....went outta my way to get 20 miles in Tues and then this morning had a big decision to make. Club cycle or Australian Open tennis final. All round the tennis won with an epic game. Managed to get out later for short but extremely tough 16miles and was well tested with hill repeats – quality over quantity!
    Did not miss any planned sessions this week. 5 Runs, 2 Turbo, 2 cycles, 3 swims, yoga and combat class.
    Goal for this week is yet again - two cycles.
    Thats a savage week's training Shell to Run! How do you find the combat class amidst all the otehr stuff?
    hardCopy wrote: »
    Are back-dated kms allowed? I haven't added anything since the 8th of Jan (I haven't done much training either)
    yep everything from Jan1-Dec 31 is what its all about :)
    You're just going to have to throw that party you promised for Joey Hannon/Limerick Marathon. I don't take the frock out for just any oul party you know!
    I'm actually not around for Joey Hannon but If the sun comes out I'll def throw a BBQ for the GLR ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Has something changed with the spreadsheet? I just updated and it's like a tab is missing.

pgibbo wrote: »
    Has something changed with the spreadsheet? I just updated and it's like a tab is missing.

Check out post #255
    Me and apologies if I have upset anyone's data redface.gif I've put in a column for the overall rank of the challenge that I will update once a week as late in the week that I can. The status of that will then remain for the next week so you can actually see how you are moving on the challenge versus where you were on last calculation. Fazz is almost 50% to the first green and odds on to hit it first too so once the targets come in the overall SBR points start to become secondary for calculation. Therefore no need for the second tab. I will sort the table regularly by SBR points anyway and others are sorting it by other columns for whatever reason that I'm ok with. I've seen it sorted by turbo kms, name, points, run kms, bike kms, swim kms, treadmill kms so far... so there are plenty on the challenge who know how to sort the table!

So this pins the challenge to a weekly update and maybe a bit of a weekly chat about it in the thread.

If you are sorting the table for some reason, please resort back to SBR points as status quo, thanks.

Its the unique way the challenge is calculated that made this necessary. You may have seen me play with different options such as logging how many of each green and gold target you hit. I was searching for a way to take those into account first. I toyed with variations and without adding another metric or more columns to the spreadsheet I decided the simplest way was to have one sheet and sort the overall rank manually at the end of each week. If I can't I'll delegate that responsibility to anyone willing to do so biggrin.gif

So, I'll rank the challenge either on a Sunday night or Monday morning.

BTW, the font in the cell will change to green once you input a figure that corresponds with a target. So it will be obvious without needing more columns to see who has hit what targets.

Bear with me folks. I'm open to clever ideas by the way... .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Ok, now I'm back training, ready to mount a challenge to the top of the leaderboard again and I've been deleted! :mad:

Ok, now I'm back training, ready to mount a challenge to the top of the leaderboard again and I've been deleted! :mad:

:confused: I was wondering where you had gone. Feel free to add yourself back in

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Thats a savage week's training Shell to Run! How do you find the combat class amidst all the other stuff?

Cheers shotgunmcos. Thanks for all your work with SBR challenge and also the encouragement. I currently aim for three intense workouts each week. Two run sessions and one turbo. Otherwise I am just ticking away at an easy level. The combat class – well ... my teenage son drags me off to this. Am glad he does though, have been doing it for a few years now and the benefits for core are huge. My running form has become more stable as a result plus I can now throw a mean punch. From experience, this may come in handy for tri swimming;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

First swim of the year finally up on the board, first race last week and first duathlon tomorrow. Starting to feel like the season has started for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭mfdc

Finally got around to updating after a couple of weeks, christ you folks are machines! I've stepped up my running mileage in training for Connemara (stepped up for me anyway) and as a result have been too fecked to bother with much cycling at all. That excuse kind of crumbles in the face of all ye logging tons of time on the bike aswell as running though, guess I just need to suck it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I miss the positions tab :(

Advertisement