Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2012 & training log links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

i much rather use the rollers over the turbo, requires more concentration and focus as opposed to what i class as mind numbing time on the turbo...the most time ive managed on the turbo before i got bored is about an hour compared to a 2hr interval session on the rollers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Daz1214 wrote: »
    i much rather use the rollers over the turbo, requires more concentration and focus as opposed to what i class as mind numbing time on the turbo...the most time ive managed on the turbo before i got bored is about an hour compared to a 2hr interval session on the rollers

My otherhalf completely vetoed the idea of getting rollers, unfortunately.

Telling her it'll take up much less space than her clothes do didnt go down well either!

see, me telling mine that they fold small giving her more storgare swung it for me

Daz1214 wrote: »
    see, me telling mine that they fold small giving her more storgare swung it for me

I tried that, but it was turbo or rollers. Not both.

i ended gettin rid of the turbo, wasnt being used

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

OK. I want to know where Iozard did his OW 20m and where Mr Cresote did his 2km or so?

Com' on, make us jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Macanri wrote: »
    OK. I want to know where Iozard did his OW 20m and where Mr Cresote did his 2km or so?

My open water swims were at Cummeenole Beach, generally I wait for the windy days for extra spice...

Seriously- in Wellington, NZ. Just back from Christmas back home and it's high summer here. Currently 23deg, sunny and flat calm (very rare!), so I should be doing more really.

Don't worry- I'll be the jealous one come May or June!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Macanri wrote: »

2am New Year's morning in Sandycove with a hardy northern lass...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Izoard wrote: »
    2am New Year's morning in Sandycove with a hardy northern lass...

Skinny dipping?

Skinny dipping?

The hostess of the party was looking for swimming volunteers, so it would have been rude not to (turns out, I was the only fool to join her...).

I was naked at some point, attempting to get into my mate's size XS togs, but the missus was on-site as an independent observer and any touching was ruled as "age-appropriate"...:)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Damn. I NEVER get invited to parties like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Swimming volunteers or Swinging volunteers? :D

Oryx wrote: »
    Damn. I NEVER get invited to parties like that!

On mature recollection, I think the touching was confined to hanging onto each other, as we tried to clamber over the stones to get out of the water...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Wow, this is where all the hot chicks hang out. Can I join late? Doing ok on the runs but have a LOT of wheelie time to make up...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Wow, this is where all the hot chicks hang out. Can I join late? Doing ok on the runs but have a LOT of wheelie time to make up...

:D Looks like SBR real estate value just went up - dpop is in the house! You'll look smashing in the designer "Challenge" tri suit Shotgun is providing to all of us for participating in this year long contest. I wonder if any of those tractors are still available from your Santa run? I'm thinking photo op!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Welcome aboard D'pop.. yes this is where the cool cats and hot chicks hang out... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

So you're the reason I dropped down the run rank in the SBR! God damn it!

Forget the turbo. Rollers is where it's at!

an hour on the rollers and an hour on the cross trainer did me today, was a bit too wild to venture out

Who are all these cool chicks and hot people you are on about?

If you have to ask the question....

• Advertisement

Izoard wrote: »
    If you have to ask the question....
    ...it means I wasnt fooled by the lies. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

I have to say, (having never really studied it before), the SBR challenge is an infectious stroke of genius. I had no real intention of logging bikes, but if it will buy a few places... kudos MCOS!

633km on the turbo. Christ Fazz. You must have some boredom threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

633km on the turbo. Christ Fazz. You must have some boredom threshold.

Says herself who's ran the equivalent of 5 marathons in 3 and a half weeks!
    Have you ran all of Dublin at this stage or repeat the same routes ;)
    I am jokin as I like running outdoors too.

Seriously, I don't get the boredom comments at all.
    The turbo is absolutely brilliant and I get some of my best quality workouts on it.
    I absolutely love it.
    I even have 2 at present :) one that measures power (just renting to trial it) and one that's a bit quieter and more user friendly - no warm up/easier set up and better for early am turbo sessions as I'm in an apartment.

Can't beat the turbo for pure quality, efficiency and getting the work done as planned. Music to choice and away I go.
    Or a bit of tv if just an easy zone session.

Tonight's session? Turbo :):D

I'll stick with my outdoor running and cycling. Apparently only wimps cycle inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I'll stick with my outdoor running and cycling. Apparently only wimps cycle inside.

Eh hem....did I happen to see a post about a turbo and a video set up at your place today? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I have to say I most definitely look hot after an hour on the turbo:p

Bally8 wrote: »
    I have to say I most definitely look hot after an hour on the turbo:p
    I walked into the kitchen after my treadmill run last night, not in a happy state, and both my oh and my son looked and went 'oh, god....' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

I'm neck and neck with you Warren with 70 SBR points! Hoping to get a bit of a cycle in this weekend and maybe a swim. Running goes without saying!

I know it's only January but I find this incredibly motivating.

• Advertisement

I'm neck and neck with you Warren with 70 SBR points! Hoping to get a bit of a cycle in this weekend and maybe a swim. Running goes without saying!

I know it's only January but I find this incredibly motivating.

Wait until the last week in December, when your only a decent swim session away from moving up a place. You'll find a pool open on new years eve somewhere!

Advertisement