Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ferretcrazy

Tesco's in clarehall, 10kg bags of kids playsand was 3.99 down to 2.00 euro but scanning at 99 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

4 pk chunky Kit Kat €1.14 Half price

4 pk Toffee Crisp €1.29 Half price

In Wexford

snubbleste wrote: »
    ♪ Deck the aisles with boughs of holly, Fa la la la la, la la la la.
    ♫ Tesco's the shop to be jolly, Fa la la la la, la la la la.

Ah there'll be another knockdown beers sale before Christmas I think

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Huggies carry pack usually €11.39 now down 1/3 off which should make it €7.59 is actually scanning at €2.99 in tesco lisduggan in Waterford today , shelf was cleared I got the last size 4 pack but there was 3x size 3s and 1x size 6 left at about 4 pm today ! I will be popping in tmw to see have they restocked and still scanning at €2.99 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Thewife wrote: »
    Huggies carry pack usually €11.39 now down 1/3 off which should make it €7.59 is actually scanning at €2.99 in tesco lisduggan in Waterford today , shelf was cleared I got the last size 4 pack but there was 3x size 3s and 1x size 6 left at about 4 pm today ! I will be popping in tmw to see have they restocked and still scanning at €2.99 :-)

Wouldn't take the gift of them, I find them extremely unreliable, leaks galore (not a pretty sight) - although, €2.99 is low.

Lidl are the most reliable cheaper nappies around imo, 50 for €7 - the price stays the same (bar a reduction on the odd bargain saturday), so it's always comparable unlike the plethora of so called bargains that are offered on the twenty thousand slightly different types of nappies from the same manufacturers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭CH3OH

vicwatson wrote: »
    4 pk chunky Kit Kat €1.14 Half price

4 pk Toffee Crisp €1.29 Half price

In Wexford
    Managed to pick up the standard KitKats for €1.50 with 100% extra free. so 8 for €1.50 19 cent each

Thewife wrote: »

I just checked them in Arklow and the packs I tried on the price checker all scanned at the shelf price

AA and AAA Energiser batteries

There were none of these on the shelf in Arklow but the Shelf edge label was a reduced yellow label for €4 24 pack.. (just to point out again none on the display in Arklow!)
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Label for these said €2.75 again none on the display.

They show up on the Tesco website. Maybe a wild goose chase but worth having a look for them on the battery display

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Tomorrow: loads of toys being reduced, including vehicle Lego sets from €39.99 to €9.99. Barbies 70% off.

Lamaze baby toys 70%off.

Basically most of the toys that were on the shelves up until Tuesday are 70% off. Thay should be in a clearance area with the stationary.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Tomorrow: loads of toys being reduced, including vehicle Lego sets from €39.99 to €9.99. Barbies 70% off.

Lamaze baby toys 70%off.

Basically most of the toys that were on the shelves up until Tuesday are 70% off. Thay should be in a clearance area with the stationary.

Is this in every Tescos? ... I saw them clearing all the Lamaze toys away the other day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mrsfraw

Lamaze baby toys 70%off.

I checked Tesco Dooradoyle this morning, no toy reductions yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

Hey no toys on reduction in Celbridge just yet! Got one of the Kenwood choppers for €6.75 though. There are a couple of silver ones at the front but if you lift them out you should find a couple of white ones hidden there;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi all
    Was in Tesco Ballybeg and on a stand near the newspapers they were selling off the 3 packs of white school shirts for €1.75 for short sleeved and €2.50 for long sleeved. Girls and boys - most sizes in stock (brought a pack for my son for next year to put away).

Didn't see them in Poleberry, so depends on store - didn't see any other school uniform related reductions yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭munsterleinster

Tesco's in clarehall, 10kg bags of kids playsand was 3.99 down to 2.00 euro but scanning at 99 cent.

Picked some up last night... 90kg (9bags) of sand definitely affects the maneuverability of a shopping trollie..

Innocent orange juice (900ml) going half price... got six if them but didn't seem to be much stock...

Champions league Goals 7 foot x 5 €8

Spotted these on the shelf in Arklow
    They were with a lot of reduced sports/ fitness items beside the suitcase.
    There were at least 4 on the shelf.

219837.jpg

219838.jpg

link to the Tesco UK website where they are £25
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/champions-league-7-x-5-metal-goal/211-9704.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=211-9704

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

brianc42 wrote: »
    heineken in newcastlewest 500ml cans 24 for 24 euro

24*500ml Guinness, Coors, Heineken, Bud all 24EUR in Clearwater.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Some of these bargains are great but the biggest problem is they are store specific in many cases, I'd fed up popping into my local Tesco or even phoning them as they never have a clue about these offers and in the vast majority of cases the alerts I'm interested in are not in my locality.

What I'd be interested in is the half price deals with clubcard vouchers they had a few years back, wonder if there is any sign of that on the horizon....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Sent me mate on a recky and there are no half price toys or cheap champagne in Wexford

There is a lot of the Champagne in Arklow.

So much that it is on display on the Floor in boxes at least 20 boxes of 6

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Thanks! They did indeed have some very nice sets on offer in Tralee.
    We got the Pteranodon Tower (5883) and Raptor Chase (5884) boxes for €4.50 and €11.00 respectively, as well as the Police Dog Van (4441, €6.50) and Reds Water Rescue from the Cars 2 series (9484, €5.50). There were more (Heavy-Lift Helicopter, Space Shuttle, Super Heroes and others), but I think we bought enough Lego for one day :) The little one will love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Quaderno wrote: »
    Thanks! They did indeed have some very nice sets on offer in Tralee.
    We got the Pteranodon Tower (5883) and Raptor Chase (5884) boxes for €4.50 and €11.00 respectively, as well as the Police Dog Van (4441, €6.50) and Reds Water Rescue from the Cars 2 series (9484, €5.50). There were more (Heavy-Lift Helicopter, Space Shuttle, Super Heroes and others), but I think we bought enough Lego for one day :) The little one will love it!

Had been in Douglas this morning but nothing had been marked down:( (Actually was quite a bit of bare shelf space so maybe the reduced lego was moved on elsewhere:rolleyes:) I scanned a few random things but nothing was reduced. Very tempted to head to another Tesco now with your list, my youngest would love the dinosaur lego and dog van.......*Gone* (fingers crossed they'll have something)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Jacobs Fig Rolls - 200g + 200g free - €1.00

Spotted this morning in Wilton. The main biscuit section has Special offer Jacobs 200g pack for €1.00, but these 100% extra packs are in a stand at the end of one of the dairy aisles, and they scan at €1.00

Yumm - they are nice and fresh too.

Note: there are also McVities Fig Rolls at 100% Extra Free for €1.59 or something.

• Advertisement

No toys reduced this morning in Castlebar.
    No Karcher window cleaners either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

I got the large lego city police helicopter reduced from €50 to €16 and two lego ninjago thingies reduced from €20 to €4.75. These are in the ordinary toy ailse.

Then went to Tesco Maynooth cos I only really need the barbie stuff and they had feck all of the lego reduced. There was a few yellow reduced stickers on a shelf at the end of the toy ailse but all the deals had gone. No barbie or lego stuff though. Good hunting.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire

Only wrote: »
    No toys reduced this morning in Castlebar.
    No Karcher window cleaners either :(

The Karcher window cleaner isnt really a window cleaner.
    you have to wash the windows before hand, the karcher just dries the window.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    The Karcher window cleaner isnt really a window cleaner.
    you have to wash the windows before hand, the karcher just dries the window.

Ah I know but it gets great reviews and anything that stops me going demented with streaks would be welcome in my house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

They do have the karchers thing at half price in mahon. Not much in the line of Lego though. The toys reduced are in the seasonal ailse near the freezer section. If any cork store is well stocked with the Lego bargains can someone let me know, prob missed out in Douglas by being too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Same in Ennis, had the Karcher window cleaner thing and the half price packs of kit kat etc, but no reduction on Lego, no sign of the kettle either.

Same in Ennis, had the Karcher window cleaner thing and the half price packs of kit kat etc, but no reduction on Lego, no sign of the kettle either.

Any sign of the champagne?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

vicwatson wrote: »
    Any sign of the champagne?:)

Sorry, didn't check about that. In the ennis store, the alcohol is in a different shop and wasn't in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mrsfraw

The €19.99 flikr style swing scooters are in a pile just inside the door of Tesco Coonagh. They are excellent value. We bought one for our daughter and were impressed with the quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 ILoveBargains

Got a play-doh set today in Stillorgan, I bought 2 and there was 1 left, although they were on a tiny shelf so there may be more in stock! They are right at the back of the shop, at the end of one of the aisles.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hasbro-Playdoh-Crazy-Creativity-Kit/dp/B007G6EPPC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1347036325&sr=8-4

It's priced on Amazon at £25, Tesco had a yellow sticker saying €9.99, but it scanned at €4.99, thought it was a great price, so went back for the second one!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement