Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Does anyone know how much the kindles are in tescos? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

PlayGirl wrote: »

The price has dropped in the UK so keep an eye out here & see if Ireland will follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

zerks wrote: »

The price has dropped in the UK so keep an eye out here & see if Ireland will follow suit.
    Thanks! How much did they drop to in UK ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thanks! How much did they drop to in UK ?

£69,The new Kindle Fire is launching next month so there's a price drop on the basic model.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tech/news/a404348/new-basic-kindle-model-released-receives-big-price-cut.html

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tech/news/a404342/kindle-fire-hd-announced-by-amazon.html

tech_kindle_fire_1_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Basic Kindle is €109.99 in Argos.

http://www.checkargos.com/index.php?productId=5010387

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

No reductions on toys Tesco Maynooth- or The Square Tallaght.
    Both have the champagne offer- as per above- 39.99 per bottle, or 2 for 25 and incl. in the 5% off when you buy 6. The checkout operators are having fierce trouble with the security tags on them- I saw one bottle loosing its neck as it got whacked off a security tag remover thingy.......

Clearance aisle in Maynooth now has Lindt reindeer, santa clauses and Haribo Christmas box selections. Its not even Halloween!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Sandisk 8gb memory stick.

Was 20 euro,but came up as 10 euro.

Cannon 511 colour ink cartridge

Was 26 euro,but came up as 23 euro

Tesco Clarehall.

Happy days.:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Memoryc or Shop4memory will get you an 8Gb Sandisk cheaper than this tbh- a tenner isn't great value- and 8Gb is pretty much obsolete as a form factor for memory sticks these days. As for the ink- well, its ok value, nothing I'd be getting excited over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

smccarrick wrote: »
    Memoryc or Shop4memory will get you an 8Gb Sandisk cheaper than this tbh- a tenner isn't great value- and 8Gb is pretty much obsolete as a form factor for memory sticks these days. As for the ink- well, its ok value, nothing I'd be getting excited over.

Well my girlfriend is happy anyway,as she needed the memory card and ink right there and then (needed to print off some of her designs this evening).

Weekly food shopping,some stuff for the pc and printer all at once in the 1 shop is good for her.

So if shes happy,then Im happy too.;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭concubar

Got a karcher in carlow, priced 69.00 on shelf,
    scans at half :).

Had 1 already, got a few weeks ago, great little machine,
    also very handy for dealing with condensation on windows.

now to find my B&Q receipt and bring it back (tesco one ) to B&Q naas for a refund of 70.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

wobbles wrote: »
    Not much of a help since i cant remember the name of the champange, but Tesco Ballybeg have a €40 bottle of champange thats 2 for €25. Spoke to a manager and was told its the correct price so it may be everywhere.

I'm not disputing this but that doesn't make sense at all. How is it more expensive to buy one than two.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Must pick up one tmrw.
    I guess Douglas still have some?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Originally Posted by wobbles
    Not much of a help since i cant remember the name of the champange, but Tesco Ballybeg have a €40 bottle of champange thats 2 for €25. Spoke to a manager and was told its the correct price so it may be everywhere.
    poisonated wrote: »
    I'm not disputing this but that doesn't make sense at all. How is it more expensive to buy one than two.

Its this one:
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Georges D'albot Champagne 75Cl

Always happens every time its on promo.

I saw a guy clear out the shelf a few days in a row, for a wedding.

Also, as said before , if you buy 6 of these the 5% comes off the pre-reduction price, making it very cheap indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Going to try Castlebar again today fo the Lamaze ones but not holding out much hope - they tend to have very few of the deals that other Tescos have ... pity - have a newborn here and would love to pick up a few bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

As I am a glutton for punishment and my son really likes lego, we decided to take another trip to Douglas in case they had put out reduced stuff later. The shelves were indeed full but nothing was reduced even the things mentioned here:( so it is store specific as Mahon do have reduced toys.

So we went to Mahon on the way home "just in case they put more stuff out:rolleyes:" and got the following at 75% off, Rubiks cube, bop it xt, (edit - just discovered the bop it we got is broken is it's going back!) hot wheels "monster jam" dinky type thing. Lego Ninjago thing mentioned for €4.50ish and some lego "korkoriko" board game, ended up getting one of those scooters things for €19.99 too (about 7 of them left)

There were a few griffin ipad accessories reduced such as the loop thing (down to €7) and some covers etc. Worth scanning a number of things and you may get lucky!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFJNRR7BZ4keFHDGJbPPo32-NsayJnP50_dyN80bZqZAPtofzVbw

As I am a bit on the sad side, I had a list of reductions that I took from HUKD but couldn't find most of what was on it (bar the griffin ipad stuff)

To finish I got loads of reduced to clear lettuces, peppers and carrots and some other veg for the guinea pigs so they were well chuffed:cool::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

Went to tesco Clearwater in finglas looking for that cheap champagne but could not see it. Did anybody get it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Shelf was empty yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭rameire

Carlow is a waste space.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

rameire wrote: »
    Carlow is a waste space.

As is Ballinasloe. Lego shelf full but nothing reduced. A few small pieces in the bargain section marked as 'special buy' but nothing reduced.

No Karcher thing-a-majigs. Had a full rack of them last week at full price.
    Had a special use for one as well. Nothin to do with cleaning windows.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Jez, whats wrong with these shops, they are swimming in stock and they cant be bothered to scan some of and stick it on a shelf?

I'm off to a store that never bothers to reduce anything to pick up some more baby teething toys for my sister's baby!

Some of the Lamaze toys are scanning at €0.01c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭rameire

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Jez, whats wrong with these shops, they are swimming in stock and they cant be bothered to scan some of and stick it on a shelf?

I'm off to a store that never bothers to reduce anything to pick up some more baby teething toys for my sister's baby!

Some of the Lamaze toys are scanning at €0.01c

Apart from the scanner not working in carlow.
    It's not swimming in a lot of stock.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rachelcork

Is there any flicker or lamaze toys in cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

superblu wrote: »
    Went to tesco Clearwater in finglas looking for that cheap champagne but could not see it. Did anybody get it here.

Mrs nudger back from Ashbourne, plenty left on shelf.
    The 5% off is still coming off the full price so working out at €10.50 each.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Right - happened to have to go to Ballinrobe this morning so took a quick look in Tescos there - was really rushing so forgot to check for the Lamaze toys:o as I got acrried away when I saw they had a good few large Ben 10 figures - they were marked down from €15.99 to €8 on the shelf BUT they each scanned at €4 :D ... I picked up 5 I think for the man in the red clothes:D ... They also had an Omnitrix thing with 2 figures down to €4.79. The Bakugan little figures were doen to €2 so also got a couple and also managed to get one ogf the Karchers there:D:D
    Am kicking myself I didn't check the Lamaze toys but only had a couple of minutes and am very happy with all I got.
    Oh and for anyone whose interested they definately had at least 1 more Karcher left and a Kenwood mini-chopper .. it was in behind a couple of silver ones at the front.
    They hadn't any Lego on offer as far as I saw

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

lindtee wrote: »
    Quaderno wrote: »
    Thanks! They did indeed have some very nice sets on offer in Tralee.
    We got the Pteranodon Tower (5883) and Raptor Chase (5884) boxes for €4.50 and €11.00 respectively, as well as the Police Dog Van (4441, €6.50) and Reds Water Rescue from the Cars 2 series (9484, €5.50). There were more (Heavy-Lift Helicopter, Space Shuttle, Super Heroes and others), but I think we bought enough Lego for one day :) The little one will love it!

Had been in Douglas this morning but nothing had been marked down:( (Actually was quite a bit of bare shelf space so maybe the reduced lego was moved on elsewhere:rolleyes:) I scanned a few random things but nothing was reduced. Very tempted to head to another Tesco now with your list, my youngest would love the dinosaur lego and dog van.......*Gone* (fingers crossed they'll have something)
    No Lego reduced in Clare Hall well loads of Lego. Non reduced :(. Would have loved some

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Plenty of champagne in Castlebar today. Also saw some mini choppers in the clearance section at the end of the kitchen aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,969 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Lots of Karcher in Tesco Balbriggan. As noted it says €69.99 on the sign but scans in at €34.99. Like a total sucker I got one. Not sure if they are any good but what the hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    24*500ml Guinness, Coors, Heineken, Bud all 24EUR in Clearwater.

They only had Heineken today in Clearwater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

only heineken and coors light €24 for 24 in Greystones Wicklow. Guinness €10 for 8 cans

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement