Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rachelcork

tesco in douglas have 4/5 pink scooters for 7 e

they are down the aisle with the reduced toys....

great thing for that fat man ( santa) or a treat for a lucky lady......:p

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭richieb

rachelcork wrote: »

have respect for your father , im not fat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Raiser wrote: »
    Anyone seen the Flicker type scooter within a reasonable distance of Limerick?

- Thanks!
    Just got one of the scooters in roxborough, aisle 24, up high on the right hand side as you face back of store. 2 left as of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rachelcork

richieb wrote: »
    rachelcork wrote: »

have respect for your father , im not fat
    I was wondering who said that to me till I saw your name lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

dorkacle wrote: »
    Old model Xbox 360's, Arcade, Elite and Bundles (James Bond i think) €99, again ask in electrical dept they are not on display!

Where's this? Was in Tesco Bettystown today and they had 360's but she didn't say they were 99!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

lots of the out there garden play things reduced. picked up hopscotch foam mats for a euro, and the 3 in 1 play tent for a fiver (it was on sale at 24 originaly, then 14.99, then 9.99)metal badminting set 2€, skittles set 2€, and archery set 6€, handy for next summer.

btw, this is accross all tescos, got them in three of the waterford branches

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Swing sets are still in coonagh, aisle 7. 3 left after my purchase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

Wing126 wrote: »
    Old model Xbox 360's, Arcade, Elite and Bundles (James Bond i think) €99, again ask in electrical dept they are not on display!

Where's this? Was in Tesco Bettystown today and they had 360's but she didn't say they were 99!

They had them in Clarehall, general clearance apparently so all Tescos should be the same! Ask them to check the price for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

They had them in Clarehall, general clearance apparently so all Tescos should be the same! Ask them to check the price for you :)

Alright grand, I'll try again so! Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭rockihudson

this mini kenwood chopper reduced from 29 euro to 6.75 in tesco . it available in white and silver but white one only reduced in price.i got last one in athlone. had checked mullingar on saturday ,none there
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-CH180-Mini-Chopper-Watt/dp/B0000C6WPC

someone on another discussion site mentioned breadmaker reduced fron 58 euro to 14 euro. did not say what make.was in carlow store . i did not see any in mullingar or athlone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

this mini kenwood chopper reduced from 29 euro to 6.75 in tesco . it available in white and silver but white one only reduced in price.i got last one in athlone. had checked mullingar on saturday ,none there
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-CH180-Mini-Chopper-Watt/dp/B0000C6WPC

someone on another discussion site mentioned breadmaker reduced fron 58 euro to 14 euro. did not say what make.was in carlow store . i did not see any in mullingar or athlone

That mini-chopper is a steal at that price. I got one a few years ago and it remains one of my most used kitchen gadgets. It has seen better days so I may pick up another if I can find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Just got the last one in ennis for 6.75. There are 2 silver ones left for 29.99. There was no notice that the white one was cheaper or than any were reduced. Thanks a million OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭ooter

I bought one of these on Friday in the jervis centre but only realised when I got home I was charged €26.99 for it instead of €6.75,does anyone know what their policy is?
    Is it double the difference or do I get a full refund and keep the item?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

No mini choppers in Wilton or Douglas that I could see. They had 3 in Mahon but I got 2 and the checkout lady asked me to get the other (she's fond of the bargains!) Noticed when I got home that one of my boxes was ex-display (doh!) It seems fine but is slightly yellowed from being out:( Don't know how I didn't notice in store as it is in HUGE writing on the box! Going to give the other one to my friend

No x-boxes on display in Douglas, but they had the €99 wii and psp things and dsi (none were €50)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ooter wrote: »
    Deffo not full refund, I think it is double the difference.

But the problem here is you did it on friday. If the price listed on the shelf has changed since I don't know if you will get anything. Or indeed if it is still €6.75 I am still not sure what happens, i.e. do they have a record that the price was not 26.99 on friday.

I also wondered what happened in the very short term, e.g. once I found a incorrect orange juice price and brought the tescos person up to show them, they instantly took down the sign. I wondered what would happen to people who spotted the problem but were behind me at the checkout, are they brought up to the item only to find no price shown there, or only the "correct" one (which was behind the offer sign the woman removed).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭ooter

rubadub wrote: »
    Deffo not full refund, I think it is double the difference.

But the problem here is you did it on friday. If the price listed on the shelf has changed since I don't know if you will get anything. Or indeed if it is still €6.75 I am still not sure what happens, i.e. do they have a record that the price was not 26.99 on friday.

I also wondered what happened in the very short term, e.g. once I found a incorrect orange juice price and brought the tescos person up to show them, they instantly took down the sign. I wondered what would happen to people who spotted the problem but were behind me at the checkout, are they brought up to the item only to find no price shown there, or only the "correct" one (which was behind the offer sign the woman removed).

I took a photo at lunch time today,it says reduced from €26.99 to €6.75.didn't bother going to customer services cos I didn't have the item or receipt with me.almost certain I paid €26.99 but I have this niggling doubt that it might've been €28.99,I'll know when I get home.

I bought one of these on Friday in the jervis centre but only realised when I got home I was charged €26.99 for it instead of €6.75,does anyone know what their policy is?

I could be wrong, but I think their price promise only refers to the product being advertised at a higher price than what you paid. I don't think these are being advertised at 6.75 are they? A least not in ennis they weren't, it was only reading it here and then using the I store scanner to check the price how I found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭rockihudson

was not displayed at lower price in athlone either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I could be wrong, but I think their price promise only refers to the product being advertised at a higher price than what you paid. I don't think these are being advertised at 6.75 are they? A least not in ennis they weren't, it was only reading it here and then using the I store scanner to check the price how I found it.
    The other way around. It refers to your being charged a higher price than that advertised. If it was on the shelf at 26.99,, tough, if it was on the shelf at 6.75 and you're charged 26.99 then the price promise kicks in.

Sorry, thats what I meant, but it came out backwards.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

You should to see if you picked up the silver one as these are not at bargain price only the white ones are, I picked on up today in Tesco Limerick and when scanned it was 30e when we said it should be 6.75 she pointed out that the one we got was silver and no white ones were left but because we picked it up where the 6.75 price was she would give it to us for that :):):)not that is customer service as in no way was she obliged to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭sassa

mini choppers (white) are scanning at full price in tesco cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 evey

I was in Tesco Naas today I picked up swings (red ones with 1 swing and see saw) €22.49, kids 3 piece tent €4.99, Kids sand €1.99 and bread maker €14.00 (only it didn't have instructions)

None of the above were marked reduced it was just from here I was able to pick them up I asked 3 members of staff to check price of swings but each went away and came back with different price :(:( eventually I asked a manager who checked it and came back with reduced price

Shelves were all pretty empty in toy department

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

evey wrote: »
    Shelves were all pretty empty in toy department

Yeah they will be changing their stock for christmas crap soon! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Soon?

On Sunday I popped into Tallaght branch tesco to get a couple of things and in the open area for specials as you walk in was the tins of sweets for christmas! On the seasonal aisle they have a few more christmas stuff like smarties in the christmas packaging. Not all the kids are even back to school and they have christmas **** out. Seriously need to lay the **** off with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

They allready have in Clarehall.

Lots of tins of biscuits and choccies on sale this evening on the shelves.

Loads of Aero Choccie Xmas trees too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

It's double the difference ooter. - €40.48 going to you !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

paddy147 wrote: »
    They allready have in Clarehall.

Lots of tins of biscuits and choccies on sale this evening on the shelves.

Loads of Aero Choccie Xmas trees too.:D

Its flamin abnormal init. In Wexford at the weekend they had the aul tins of celebrations at "HALF PRICE" - yeh right with your half price !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tescos policy is that if you are charged more than what the price tag says,then you are entitled to DOUBLE the difference back and the product at the lower price too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The price people in store, can check when the price changed, when the store displayed the new price and who displayed the new price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement