Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

those cheap tesco chickens are from retarded chickens kept in cages

Jeepers, there's always one:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

snubbleste wrote: »
    I'm not racist but.. is it an Irish chicken? :cool:

Looks like it has the Republic of Ireland bord bia mark on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

vicwatson wrote: »
    Looks like it has the Republic of Ireland bord bia mark on it

Yes it has the bb mark and on the bottom of the pack says produced in Ireland, could still be retarded though.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

That is a very good value for a nice big chicken. Thinking of nipping to my local Tesco to see if they have them and if they do have one picking one up and throwing it in the chest freezer for around the Christmas time (normally eat a smaller bird for the Sunday roast as there is only two in the house but over the Christmas you'd get two days roast, some sammiches and a soup or two out of that one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭RayCon

mmmmmmmmmm retarded chickens ..

mmmm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

What you mean they're mental!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

16 Chunky kitkats for 2.29.

A selection of Nestle Multipacks (4 bars) are Buy 1 Get 1 Free in Tesco at the moment

The 4 pack Kitkats are 2.29 and have 100% extra free = 8 bars

Loads near the self service tills in Tescos Balbriggan at 6pm Wednesday

I bought 4 packs - I may turn into a chunky kit kat when I eat them all :pac::pac::pac:

kitkat-chunky-4_4-extra-free.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

They didn't have any the extra large chickens left for €3.74 in Mahon but they did have the medium size ones for €3.00 although they are not marked as so. They didn't have the 100% extra free kitkats either

I finally caved in and bought one of the karcher window thingies. I was sick of reading about how good they were and I am a sucker for useless gadgets. They have a BIG display box full of them (I'd say at least another 10 in the box) but marked at full price. I still reckon that they are going to go 75% in a week or two but didn't want them to sell out before I could buy! If they do price drop I will do as someone else did here with their b&q purchase;) or some similar plan:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Pokemon Black (DS) reduced to €15, 2 left in Dun Laoghaire.
    Considering CeX in town offer €19 cash or €24 credit for it, it seems a pretty decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The cooked chickens at the hot counter are usually good value. I got a stuffed basted one for €4.75 and it was not even showing as an offer.

People forget the additional savings, like oven electricity, tinfoil, boiling a kettle to clean a cooking tray, prep time, clean up time etc. And their rotisserie chickens taste better than what I can manage in my own oven.

The guy at the counter the cooked chickens got an average of 500 points in their leaving too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

rubadub wrote: »
    The cooked chickens at the hot counter are usually good value. I got a stuffed basted one for €4.75 and it was not even showing as an offer.

People forget the additional savings, like oven electricity, tinfoil, boiling a kettle to clean a cooking tray, prep time, clean up time etc. And their rotisserie chickens taste better than what I can manage in my own oven.

The guy at the counter the cooked chickens got an average of 500 points in their leaving too ;)

:confused::confused::confused: so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I got really cute disney dumbo napkins for 52c in tescos maynooth today

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Go in after 6pm and they are €1, at least in Phibsborough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

None of the big chickens in Wicklow today neither. They had one tiny little section for them amongst all the other chickens :( Gonna hope they might throw some more out maybe early in the morning, so might go then. Early bird and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

:confused::confused::confused: so?
    just a poor joke -the other chickens are retards, mine are clever
    Go in after 6pm and they are €1, at least in Phibsborough.
    They go for about €2 in ballybrack, if you can get them ahead of all the auld ones that is, many are often overcooked at that stage though.

Its weird when they cook the chickens in mine, I have gone in at 8 or 9 in the morning and they have stacks of chickens cooking, then I go in at 6pm or 6.30 and there are none, the time I would guess they are fairly in demand, dinner time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I only ever try and get the reduced to clear stuff if I am in Tesco anyway. It is usually too much of a battle :( Except for the veg, no battles for that, usually stock up on the lettuce, peppers, carrots etc for the guinea pigs for very little.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Got three packs of Galtee tender cure rashers which were short dated.

The nicest rashers, normally 3.70 got them for 89c a pack.
    All gone into the freezer

• Registered Users Posts: 23 brianc42

Tesco in newcastlewest . Embroidered double bed duvet set 8.12 euro was 25 euro.Tesco nose hair trimmer 1.24 euro.Good value.I also spotted king size duvet covers for around a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 bucksja

jayteecork wrote: »
    Got three packs of Galtee tender cure rashers which were short dated.

The nicest rashers, normally 3.70 got them for 89c a pack.
    All gone into the freezer

Where did you get them? Many more left when you were there?

16 Chunky kitkats for 2.29.

A selection of Nestle Multipacks (4 bars) are Buy 1 Get 1 Free in Tesco at the moment

The 4 pack Kitkats are 2.29 and have 100% extra free = 8 bars

Loads near the self service tills in Tescos Balbriggan at 6pm Wednesday

I bought 4 packs - I may turn into a chunky kit kat when I eat them all :pac::pac::pac:

kitkat-chunky-4_4-extra-free.jpg

None of these in Clearwater only the ordinary 4 packs but still good value at BOGOF :pac:

Just back from Clearwater, none of the big chickens on offer.:(

Dropped into Cabra on the way home and they had plenty of the 2100g chickens but at full price on the shelf.

Brought 1 to CS desk and scanned in at half price :) plenty left and as they are full price on shelf Boardies have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

just a poor joke -the other chickens are retards, mine are clever

The worst jokes are the ones that need to be explained ;)

nudger wrote: »
    Just back from Clearwater, none of the big chickens on offer.:(

Dropped into Cabra on the way home and they had plenty of the 2100g chickens but at full price on the shelf.

Brought 1 to CS desk and scanned in at half price :) plenty left and as they are full price on shelf Boardies have a chance.

WHHAAAAT Cabra has a bargain!!! Well that's a first :eek:

et101 wrote: »
    WHHAAAAT Cabra has a bargain!!! Well that's a first :eek:

Couldn't believe it myself, they had them well hidden in the back of the freezer.

Me thinks the staff are looking after themselves.;)

P.S. Also got a tray of kopparberg naked apple 24 for €24.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Jacobs Fig Rolls 200gm are on offer in Tesco's in Athlone for just €1.
    Nice deal!
    Even nicer the fact that the stock they have is 100% free.
    So 400gms of Fig Rolls for just €1

I noticed the 300gm pack is seling for 2.99

Time to stock up !

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

Still kit kat chunkys 4+4 free packs in tesco express fairview, bogof so 16 bars for €2.40 :-P

nudger wrote: »
    Couldn't believe it myself, they had them well hidden in the back of the freezer.

Me thinks the staff are looking after themselves.;)

P.S. Also got a tray of kopparberg naked apple 24 for €24.

I don't really have a problem with the staff getting a share of the bargains I know if I worked there I would!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Bushmills 2 x 1 litre €40 in tesco extra Naas today. I think it's a mix and match with gin or something also available.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement