Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USPGA 2012 - The Ocean Course, Kiawah Island *** MOD Warning Post #16 ***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So 7 of the top 10 are European, hope the Yanks are ready for the Ryder cup!

(well done Mcllroy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

The record for winning margin in the PGA is 7 shots, he could equal it here.

8 shot victory. Superb. Well done Rory, great control around the course all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Terrific display from Rory, well done. Hopefully there are plenty more to follow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Glad I stayed up to watch this

Lovely to see him celebrating with his Dad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭big_drive

The putting wasn't too weak today haha!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

When he's on form he makes it look so easy. He was head and shoulders above the rest all week.

Nice to see his dad there to see Rory's 2nd majors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Brilliant display from Rory, well done, great win.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

Absolutely stunning by Rory! Delighted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭kingshankly

That cup will take some filling

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shane.

is it just me or is monty the most annoying commentator?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Why does Rory's tweets make him sound like a bit of a show-off ponce?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

He is 23 and just won his second major. What do you want him to say??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Unbelievable golf, flawless.
    Even I thought he had something to prove earlier in the year, but he rammed that down all the critics' throats today.

Petterson played unreal too considering what happened on the first.
    IJP can go back to designing jocks or whatever-closest he'll ever come to ones and twos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Head and shoulders above the rest
    2 out of 4 collected at 23 outstanding !!

You know where you can stick your "USA USA".......roll on Ryder Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

There might be some dodgy rules but grounding your club in a hazard isn't one

Yeah. If he grounded it then he has no one to blame but himself, I only said what I did based on the comments on TV. You could actually hear Petterson asking the rules official why he got a penalty and the official told him it was because he moved the leaf/loose impediment.

Anyway, congrats to McIlroy, that was some show of skill, talent and nerve. Hats off.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

shane. wrote: »

2nd most annoying after babbling Critchley.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Didn't see a shot today as I was out and about, so will have to catch the highlights whenever they are on before really commenting.

But nonetheless, congrats Rory.

Congrats to Berba too. Good to see you bringing your wisdom from the soccer forum to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

What was the story with the bunkers this week? Was sure I saw a few taking practise swings in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

qwabercd wrote: »
    What was the story with the bunkers this week? Was sure I saw a few taking practise swings in them?

all sand was classed as 'sandy areas' i.e. no bunkers on the course at all so you can ground your club/take a practice swing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

qwabercd wrote: »

Careful, might get massacred here for asking ;)

Caught bits of the tournament here and there, was interesting enjoyable but never felt spectacular, never felt like a true Major was being fought out. It very much felt like a regular US tour event which was disappointing.

Can't say I feel any which way different or not about McIlroy winning,I'm not a fan of his so I don't particularly follow his golf but have to say the papers this morning are full of cringe...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

TheDoc wrote: »

Caught bits of the tournament here and there, was interesting enjoyable but never felt spectacular, never felt like a true Major was being fought out. It very much felt like a regular US tour event which was disappointing.

Can't say I feel any which way different or not about McIlroy winning,I'm not a fan of his so I don't particularly follow his golf but have to say the papers this morning are full of cringe...

Bitter.

Rory's game was in a worrying state for a good part of this year, especially in the other majors. Something was distracting him and thankfully he sorted it out. I hope he goes on to win many many more. He's starting to attract those people that hate winners bit can never seem to explain why. Taylor in the darts...Ronnie in the snooker...the entire man utd team...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bitter.

Rory's game was in a worrying state for a good part of this year, especially in the other majors. Something was distracting him and thankfully he sorted it out. I hope he goes on to win many many more. He's starting to attract those people that hate winners bit can never seem to explain why. Taylor in the darts...Ronnie in the snooker...the entire man utd team...

It is not being bitter. I don't follow or support him. Of course I appreciate his victories and the performances when he puts it in. It is nothing more then the fact I am an avid Garcia fan for many a year, and I follow him through tournaments, and while I like and appreciate watching tournaments as a whole, I never find an interest in cheering anyone other then Garcia, unless its Ryder Cup :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Fair enough but I think you may need to start following a couple of new players!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Bitter.

He's starting to attract those people that hate winners bit can never seem to explain why. Taylor in the darts...Ronnie in the snooker
    You were making sense until
    ...the entire man utd team...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

can anyone else not stand Butch Harmon? Every player is a "fine young man" according to himself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

stockdam wrote: »
    When he's on form he makes it look so easy. He was head and shoulders above the rest all week.

Nice to see his dad there to see Rory's 2nd majors.

I don't think his dad ever misses a tournament live. He worked hard to give his son every chance to be where he is today. Delighted for him.

Monty, Mark Roe, Robert Lee...... the list goes on. What is it with Sky? they hire the most annoying, disliked twats. No class whatsoever.

Oh and I forgot the 'Colonel', the pompous pontificating ponce who sounds like he commentates from sitting on the throne.

(ie. the jacks)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

yeah he talks an awful amount of bollocks and then whispers when a player is about to hit their shot as if they are going to hear him speak...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

TheDoc wrote: »

Totally disagree.

Not spectacular? The guy beat the field by 8 shots and broke Jack Jack Nicklaus's 32 year record of biggest winning margin. If that's boring then I dunno!

Advertisement