Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USPGA 2012 - The Ocean Course, Kiawah Island *** MOD Warning Post #16 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭big_drive

Great shot from McIlroy. Just needed that to settle things. Some golf from poulter

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Superb birdie by Rory, got lucky with where he ended up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭speeding

anybody but poulter please

• Registered Users Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭Trampas

speeding wrote: »
    anybody but poulter please

Yes. I want him in the ryder cup as an auto pick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Exactly what rule did Petterson break? I doubt an experienced pro would ground the club in a hazard. Even if it looked like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Exactly what rule did Petterson break? I doubt an experienced pro would ground the club in a hazard. Even if it looked like it.

Moved a loose impediment in a hazard I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

fullstop wrote: »

That is a ridiculous penalty. So your allowed brush the grass in a hazard but not to move a dead leaf. Stupid interpretation if you ask me, and probably only penalised cause someone watching at home emailed in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

GEO147 wrote: »
    That is a ridiculous penalty. So your allowed brush the grass in a hazard but not to move a dead leaf. Stupid interpretation if you ask me, and probably only penalised cause someone watching at home emailed in.

I believed for quiet some time now, that it is time to update some rules. For example, a penalty if the ball rotates one dimple when you address the ball to putt even though it was caused by nature, i.e the wind and not the player. They need to look at not applying penalties where the result is that the player gained no advantage, as with Peterson's loose leaf:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I think play might get stopped again. I'm over on holiday in the region and evening storms are closing in once again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭kingshankly

There might be some dodgy rules but grounding your club in a hazard isn't one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    I believed for quiet some time now, that it is time to update some rules. For example, a penalty if the ball rotates one dimple when you address the ball to putt even though it was caused by nature, i.e the wind and not the player. They need to look at not applying penalties where the result is that the player gained no advantage, as with Peterson's loose leaf:mad:

Agreed. If the pro's dont know the rules then what chance have amatures got? No wonder they call an official over for every little drop etc these days = slow play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭doc_17

GEO147 wrote: »
    fullstop wrote: »

Think it was spotted at the time by the rules official that was assigned to the group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Poor ol Tiger is yesterdays man

BERBA wrote: »
    Poor ol Tiger is yesterdays man
    Just like Rory, eh :rolleyes:
    BERBA wrote: »
    Rory performing his usual bottling act again !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Wonderful putt from McIlroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭finchkerry

How isn't anyone talking about Harrington, brilliant stuff so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

finchkerry wrote: »
    How isn't anyone talking about Harrington, brilliant stuff do far

Because he is being overshadowed by the class of Mcilroy and he's not going to win. Great consistency to be up there again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Anybody but poulter....his head cant get any bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

How's G-Mac getting on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Rory showing his class...some display of bottle so far today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Fantastic par save from McIlroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The one time I decide to not put an e/w bet on Poulter he goes and gets close to winning it. Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Some round this by Poulter. Tiger seems intent on splitting a spectators head open.

Poulter with a couple of good breaks on 13

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Looks like another top 10 finish for Harrington, but not much more. I think he has been one of the most consistent this year.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Looks like another top 10 finish for Harrington, but not much more. I think he has been one of the most consistent this year.

Shocker of a miss on 13, don't know how it didn't drop though

• Registered Users Posts: 27,112 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

He didn't ground it though, hit a loose impediment.
    mark roe just "explained" that it was a penalty because "he hit the grass, and the grass is growing, attached to the ground"
    might have to direct him to one of our rules threads...
    There might be some dodgy rules but grounding your club in a hazard isn't one

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Poulter feeling the pressure

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

All Rory's now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Have to laugh at all the people on here and elsewhere who said mcilroy was finished, needed to get rid of the woman etc. He had a great early season, lost form for a few months and is now about to win his 2nd major at the age of 22. Far from finished and will win many more majors, he can keep Caroline for all I care1

Advertisement