Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USPGA 2012 - The Ocean Course, Kiawah Island *** MOD Warning Post #16 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭big_drive

McIlroy is unstoppable when he's on form!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If he wins this he'll be younger than Tiger was when he won his second major

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Stheno wrote: »
    If he wins this he'll be younger than Tiger was when he won his second major

Yeah but Tiger had won 6 majors by 25.

McIlroy is 23 and turns 24 after the masters next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

The record for winning margin in the PGA is 7 shots, he could equal it here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yeah but Tiger had won 6 majors by 25.

McIlroy is 23 and turns 24 after the masters next year.

But not two by Rorys current age

I guess I'm just enjoying how well he appears to be doing is all :)

I remember being away with work and sitting in a hotel bar with a crowd of golf fans watching him implode in the Masters last year. To come back from that and win his first major and possibly his second tonight in a year and a half is pretty great imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

matthew8 wrote: »
    Looks like another top 10 finish for Harrington, but not much more. I think he has been one of the most consistent this year.

not even top 20 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭big_drive

McIlroy has putted super tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Aidric wrote: »
    not even top 20 now.

He is ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have never ever heard of David Lynn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Has an American major ever been so dominated by Europeans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

What a life-changing performance from Lynn

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

mike65 wrote: »
    I have never ever heard of David Lynn.

He's not exactly a household name

The google leader board doesn't have a national flag for him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

He has over $7.8m in prize money won since he turned pro in 1995. Shows that hard work does pay.

He has over $7.8m in prize money won since he turned pro in 1995. Shows that hard work does pay.

Really? I'm in the wrong game. I've always said that being mediocre at footie or golf was the best way to a small fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Am i imagining things or did Mcilroy just take a practice swing in the bunker there and take sand with it. Not watching it on sky plus so can't rewind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Am i imagining things or did Mcilroy just take a practice swing in the bunker there and take sand with it. Not watching it on sky plus so can't rewind

Sigh..they are not bunkers..couple of amateur rules officials in this thread today. :rolleyes:

Its been covered multiple times in this thread and during the coverage..sandy areas not bunkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

I def saw sand flying but pretty sure that they are not bunkers as per typical definition this weekend. It's normal surface really.

Jaysoose wrote: »

Sigh..they are not bunkers..couple of amateur rules officials in this thread today. :rolleyes:

Its been covered multiple times in this thread and during the coverage..sandy areas not bunkers.
    What a real w.ankers reply....

Not really you cant even be bothered to read the thread as its been covered, its also been mentioned multiple times on the coverage each day. Its not our fault you cant pay attention and decide to raise the subject as if mcilroy should be penalised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Not really you cant even be bothered to read the thread as its been covered, its also been mentioned multiple times on the coverage each day. Its not our fault you cant pay attention and decide to raise the subject as if mcilroy should be penalised.
    Have to agree this course is famous for having no bunkers it's said every 2nd page here and every 10 minutes on sky sports. Like where have people been

Listen you clown, I couldn't be arsed reading the whole thread as I have better things to be doing and in the coverage I've seen, I haven't heard it.
    I asked a f@#king question and you decided to come in with a p.rick of an answer.
    Nothing to do with me wanting McIlroy or anyone else penalised.
    Get a life for yourself will you

Listen you clown, I couldn't be arsed reading the whole thread as I have better things to be doing and in the coverage I've seen, I haven't heard it.
    I asked a f@#king question and you decided to come in with a p.rick of an answer.
    Nothing to do with me wanting McIlroy or anyone else penalised.
    Get a life for yourself will you

So you cant be bothered reading the thread but look for information?

go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭decies

Let's celebrate his win rather than eating the head of a poster who just asked a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

"Golfers from Northern Ireland have won 4 out of the last 11 majors"........pretty impressive.

stockdam wrote: »
    "Golfers from Northern Ireland have won 4 out of the last 11 majors"........pretty impressive.

Incredible

Delighted for Rory :)

Fookin hell...he mullered them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Has a putt to win by 8, another possible record to go with all those from US Open

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

What a way to finish!

Is that a new record for a winning margin in the USPGA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

Brilliant, brilliant and simply brilliant.

Winner by 8.

Sublime today.

Advertisement