Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CADETSHIPS 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

And where did I say that I was going to get somebody else to do it? I didn't, as I have already made clear, I wouldn't need to do that. I have already outlined my motives for making that inquiry.

In my opinion, people here have inferiority complexes and are trying to tar me to better their own chances. I have every right to contact a moderator.

Well in the Air Corps Cadetship thread in Aviation and Aircraft you not only sought out that information but also sought to contact an ex-Air Corps pilot or any pilot who would be willing to learn about military matters ... and who looks like they're in their mid 20s.

You also didn't seem to take much offence when they interpreted this as you planning on getting someone to attend the interview in you place.

But don't be offended, I'm not accusing you of actually planning to follow through on any of this because quite clearly you're a troll. And a very good one at that, so fair play. ;) This has been fun. :D
    Ok... interesting, thought they might be more strict. One last question, if I rang Ryanair or Aer Lingus would they be able to give the e-mail addresses of any ex Air Corps pilots they have. I would just like a chat with a few.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78357587&postcount=23
    Well I'd be interested in talking to any pilot, especially if they have an interest in military matters, or are willing to learn. Would they look young( mid 20's)?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78358311&postcount=27

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Well in the Air Corps Cadetship thread in Aviation and Aircraft you not only sought out that information but also sought to contact an ex-Air Corps pilot or any pilot who would be willing to learn about military matters ... and who looks like they're in their mid 20s.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78357587&postcount=23

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78358311&postcount=27

I know I talked about derailing the thread. But BURRRRNNNNNNNNN!! Good work Topper.

From a lad who considers himself better than everyone you really have "researched" the security procedures thoroughly. Anyone know how to link an IP address to a name?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭hopefulaplican

BigDuffman wrote: »
    I know I talked about derailing the thread. But BURRRRNNNNNNNNN!! Good work Topper.

From a lad who considers himself better than everyone you really have "researched" the security procedures thoroughly. Anyone know how to link an IP address to a name?:D

So you got an IP address from just reading my comments? Wow, you must be James Bond, I suppose most of ye on here think they are anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

So you got an IP address from just reading my comments? Wow, you must be James Bond, I suppose most of ye on here think they are anyway.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1/steg1212/1265068642542.jpg

or

http://i44.tinypic.com/1611b1w.png

Whichever you prefer.

Moving on, and back on topic I don't think my brother's heard back from them yet about whether he's going on to the interview stage. Have things changed this year around? He's said this is the longest he's had to wait to find out.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1/steg1212/1265068642542.jpg

or

http://i44.tinypic.com/1611b1w.png

Whichever you prefer.

Moving on, and back on topic I don't think my brother's heard back from them yet about whether he's going on to the interview stage. Have things changed this year around? He's said this is the longest he's had to wait to find out.

TBH I don't think this chap was trolling. Just embarassed he's been caught out.

They were contacting everyone who has interviews this week first. I'm not sure if anyone who is due an interview after this has been contacted yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭KickstartHeart

Best of luck to everyone going for it, regardless of branch.

A lot of posters here are in for it. No matter how much I may have agreed or disagreed with you in the past on this site in discussions, I do wish you all good luck.

If you've got this far, you've got what it takes. Bon courage in the fight to be the best of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Thors Hammer

Anybody have an Army interview yet, would like to hear about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mac 21

I completed stage 2 in one of the last groups last week, we had been told that if we were successful in this stage and were available for an interview straight away we'd be notified early this week and if unsuccessful at a later stage, I know it is still early yet but still checking emails constantly....
    I myself don't think I made it through, first year this year and felt my groups experience over shadowed me in the group assessment but that's just something to learn from for next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 TheBigLt

I completed stage 2 late last week. Got an email on Monday calling me for interview next Monday. Delighted, but its time to seriously run through things and prepare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Brother heard back this morning and didn't make it unfortunately, he still has the regulars but I reckon he's fairly gutted. Third year he's got to the group assessment only to be declined. Hopefully he'll be lucky next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Beardybear

well lads how'd the interview go for those that have done it already?

Had my interview last week. Wasn't happy with the way I answered a few of the curved ball questions. I'd assumed it would be the same style as last year and was complacent..my own fault. C'est la vie. Best of luck to anyone thats left to go.

PS I also like how nowadays they go on about the water "don't be afraid to take it if you need to". A throwback to the old myth. "Don't / Do drink the water" up there with the DF myths such as what colour is the boat house in the ARW compound.

How are the interviews going everyone? Had mine this week. Not really sure how it went to be honest, think it went well but you never really know what they're after! The new format is slightly more challenging insofar as you have to think on your feet a bit more.

hard to know alright few tough questions i got thrown on, one tough one was why would i shoot a team member?! what tough ones did ye get?

Beardybear wrote: »
    hard to know alright few tough questions i got thrown on, one tough one was why would i shoot a team member?! what
    tough ones did ye get?

jesus that is a tough one, I just found it tough from the point of view of them constantly challenging what you are saying with probing questions.

you're curve ball as bad as mine? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Avgas

jesus that is a tough one, I just found it tough from the point of view of them constantly challenging what you are saying with probing questions.

Just curious...not being smart...BUT how did you answer that one about the do you shoot your team member......maybe you don't want to reply.......but its a tough one alright.

Good luck to all in the fray.

if i had a syringe

hard to know alright few tough questions i got thrown on, one tough one was why would i shoot a team member?! what tough ones did ye get?
    Avgas wrote: »
    Just curious...not being smart...BUT how did you answer that one about the do you shoot your team member......maybe you don't want to reply.......but its a tough one alright.

Good luck to all in the fray.

@ Avgas - Don't mind him. I suspect Beardybear is referring to a court hearing he had.

Not guilty by way of insanity, was it Beardybear?

if i was in the medical corp! surprisingly i am sane!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 gogoman

Lads, don't be posting questions that you were asked up here, we're only halfway through the interview stage and you're helping out the guys that still have to do theirs. Lets not forget that this is a competition yeah?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I suspect this new account which has provided nothing of merit is simply a troll account. A short ban has ensued.

Must admit I'm getting slightly restless waiting for results. Am I right in thinking it is this Friday notifications will be sent out?

Yeah supposed to be out today, anyone hear back?

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Yeah supposed to be out today, anyone hear back?

Not as if anybody sad enough to post on boards would even get that far. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭KickstartHeart

Paradoxical.

Paradoxical.

Not really, i never claimed not to be sad. :rolleyes:

Not really, i never claimed not to be sad. :rolleyes:

It was kind of fun last time, but now your attempts at trolling are just pathetic. You're not even trying anymore.

So why don't you just leave the lads who were more successful than you, to discuss the competition without your begrudgery.

It was kind of fun last time, but now your attempts at trolling are just pathetic. You're not even trying anymore.

So why don't you just leave the lads who have a officer daddy, to discuss the competition without your begrudgery.

Fixed your post.

• Advertisement

Fixed your post.

Ah yes of course, the officer daddy excuse. That's why you didn't cut it. Nothing at all to do with your shortcomings or the quality of other applicants. :rolleyes:

Advertisement