Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CADETSHIPS 2012

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Fixed your post.

I have 4 friends who recently went through the cadet school and are now officers in the Defence forces. Not one had a daddy, never mind any other relative, in the defence forces.

The FACT is, you didn't make the grade, for what are now obvious reasons. Your posture. You can't stand up straight when you have to carry such a large chip on your shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Ah yes of course, the officer daddy excuse. That's why you didn't cut it. Nothing at all to do with your shortcomings or the quality of other applicants. :rolleyes:

he's just posted this
    " We all know that airplanes fly because their wings give god something to hold onto and he lifts them up. But he is not present in some of the sand monkey countries, do they just not fly there?

in aviation. Troll. End of. Added to ignore list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

neilled wrote: »
    he's just posted this

in aviation. Troll. End of. Added to ignore list.

Yeah, he was found out a while back.

What I'd really like to know is why someone just posted the following and then quickly deleted it. Almost as if they were tolling while accidentally logged into their real account. Lazy tolling. :p (Not you neilled :))
    I have 4 friends who recently went through the cadet school and are now officers in the Defence forces. Not one had a daddy, never mind any other relative, in the defence forces.

The FACT is, you didn't make the grade, for what are now obvious reasons. Your posture. You can't stand up straight when you have to carry such a large chip on your shoulder.

Well we'll see, the results of my FOI request should be interesting. Anybody know if I can get FOI on other candidates to see how they were apparently so much better than me?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭KickstartHeart

Yeah, he was found out a while back.

What I'd really like to know is why someone just posted the following and then quickly deleted it. Almost as if they were tolling while accidentally logged into their real account. Lazy tolling. :p (Not you neilled :))

Do tell!

Do tell!

There's a saying about an Ill wind.... The easterly is the biggest B*** of the lot.

Very clumsy trolling indeed.

• Advertisement

Well lads any of ye have any updates on yer medicals? Many fails on yer days up there etc?

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Nope no fails on my day havn't heard of anyone failing at all yet. (Unfortunately as horrible as it sounds, when your this far you're hoping for others to fail so you can go on)

I'd imagine so. Its not called a competition for nothing. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Thors Hammer

I think one failed the medical on my day this week but I'm not totally sure. It's going to be a long week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

BigDuffman wrote: »
    I think one failed the medical on my day this week but I'm not totally sure. It's going to be a long week!

Havn't heard of any fails yet either. Heres hoping that some of the greed bar stewards who went air corps + army choose air corps.

Anyone heard of any results (confirmation or negatives) coming out ??!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭mrmanire

Not a bit.

• Advertisement

Any of ye lads going for it have any luck yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 TheBigLt

So much for the 20th is right...I'm losing the plot

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Thors Hammer

I am absolutely cracking up here. Anybody get word yet?

They are taking there time in fairness. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no word until after this week....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Well done mate!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 TheBigLt

Love those emails that say the COS is offering you a place in the Cadet Class...BOOM!

Amen to that...!

Best of luck to the NS cadets starting on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tybalt

With this years successful candidates starting. Would I be right in assuming that feedback for those unsuccessful in the competition could be made available soon? If so, would you be told your order of merit for the section you didn't pass or are you just told why you didn't pass?

Advertisement