Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CADETSHIPS 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

goose2002 wrote: »
    Unfortunately they appear to have scheduled site maintenance for the last two days of the application period and the online applications are unavailable. Not really the best planning there..... :confused:

http://www.military.ie/careers/online-applications

Working fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭KickstartHeart

goose2002 wrote: »
    Unfortunately they appear to have scheduled site maintenance for the last two days of the application period and the online applications are unavailable. Not really the best planning there..... :confused:

Chance it on a different computer. Don't worry, you have until 23:59 tonight to get it in. As long as you have your pps and leaving results handy it'll only take a couple of minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tybalt

From the Defence Forces Facebook page: "Due to a technical issue with the application system that had it off line for the 12th of May the Officer Cadetship Application Phase will now close at 2359 on the 14th of May"

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ronsonmac

Does anyone have any idea when the 1st stage of the Cadetship competition?? In Vancouver at the moment, but have booked tickets home for next tuesday. I got a reply from the recruitment section saying they would be releasing the dates that week but it was two weeks ago. A friend just showed me an email he got back from recruitment saying the psychometric testing starts 2nd of June so a warning that it might be short notice. Any body got an email back about the 1st stage (Not the acknowledgement email you get immediately after applying).

The Cadetship competition only closed 24 hours ago. Expect them to email you with the information you need to know. After that you can make plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Ronsonmac wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea when the 1st stage of the Cadetship competition?? In Vancouver at the moment, but have booked tickets home for next tuesday. I got a reply from the recruitment section saying they would be releasing the dates that week but it was two weeks ago. A friend just showed me an email he got back from recruitment saying the psychometric testing starts 2nd of June so a warning that it might be short notice. Any body got an email back about the 1st stage (Not the acknowledgement email you get immediately after applying).

I was reading their FB page and they said to call if you haven't received a questionnaire yet. I called but that was applying to general recruitment. They haven't sent anything other than your confirmation email out yet for the Cadets. He did mention to keep an eye on junk/spam mail just in case it end up in there.

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

Just got an e-mail there for the next stage of the cadetships.

Can anyone confirm if you applied for both the army and air corps cadetships, do you have to do the different stages twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

Turbine wrote: »

Is the next stage psychometric testing? Or fitness testing.

I'm assuming everyone who applied doing the Leaving will be left until after it?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭mrmanire

Quick indeed. Here we go!

Lynchy747 wrote: »
    Is the next stage psychometric testing? Or fitness testing.

Psychometric testing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

I haven't gotten anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭_pure_mule_

just got an email from the navy! assesment is on the 26th of this month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thenameisjohn

I've always been curious about the cadets? what exactly is the difference between the cadets and just the normal army. I wish you all the best of luck who are going for it and who have got notified about next stage. I'm interested in applying for it too maybe next year or whenever. I'm in 3rd year doing ag science in dublin but i've always had the army at the back of my mind, es it make much of a difference if you apply during your degree or when you're finished? What exactly has the cadets to offer?
    Also what's the interview like? Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions but i think asking people who have been n the situation the best way to understand on what to expect and all.

I've always been curious about the cadets? what exactly is the difference between the cadets and just the normal army. I wish you all the best of luck who are going for it and who have got notified about next stage. I'm interested in applying for it too maybe next year or whenever. I'm in 3rd year doing ag science in dublin but i've always had the army at the back of my mind, es it make much of a difference if you apply during your degree or when you're finished? What exactly has the cadets to offer?

It's all the same army, the difference is with general enlistment you enlist as a recruit and get commissioned as a 2 star private, while with the cadetships you enlist as a cadet and get commissioned as an officer (lieutenant with a degree or second lieutenant without a degree).

If you want to read more about what the army does, check out www.military.ie.

A two star private is going to be getting commissioned nothing.... Commissions are for hofficers only...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thenameisjohn

thank you sir.
    how many are they recruiting this year by the way?
    have you gone through the interview process and all?

mrmanire wrote: »
    A two star private is going to be getting commissioned nothing.... Commissions are for hofficers only...

Sorry didn't know what other way to say it.:o

Remember folks, the people who will be assessing you, maybe even training you if you are lucky, read this thread.
    They will make fun of those of you who have been spoofing on the internet, trust me.

Lord if I know?

Ranked? :)

Recruits are promoted to 2 star private.
    Cadets receive a commission from the president.
    Thats why they get paid twice as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Should I have gotten the email by now?

Remember folks, the people who will be assessing you, maybe even training you if you are lucky, read this thread.
    They will make fun of those of you who have been spoofing on the internet, trust me.

And here is me thinking that all officers are spoofers and the NCOs run the army....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Can anyone confirm if you applied for both the army and air corps cadetships, do you have to do the different stages twice?

Yes, the competition for the Army and Air Corps cadetships are separate.

That means two separate fitness tests and two separate psychometric tests.

Stage 1 of the Army cadetship competition is the psychometric testing...

Stage 1 of the Air Corps cadetship competition is the fitness test.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

When should the fitness test for the army cadets?

Hi guys,

Anyone else apply for the Air Corp and not got an email?

cabla wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Anyone else apply for the Air Corp and not got an email?

Yeah still no e-mail from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Is there a dress code for the psychometric assessment? I couldn't find one in the document they circulated.

Yeah still no e-mail from them.

I got in touch with them. Army and Navy seem to have been sent out. Not Air Corp yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

These are words to heed lads.
    Recruits are promoted to 2 star private.
    Cadets receive a commission from the president.
    Thats why they get paid twice as much.

And that's why they do half the work.

Advertisement