Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

This is the den right? We can hide stuff in here right? Stuff we want to let out of our head? Cause i think im way in over my head and i dont know what i've got myself into and the walls are just closing in and the sky is falling and ..... I'm playing dangerous games i cant handle..

Just to think i once used to be scared of this when i was young 9 to be exact but since growing up and learning about all this gayness in the world it makes a lot more sense... and its like all the things that have been said are just running through my head..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Slow Show wrote: »
    I really want to not be disappointed by The Killers but... :/

Not really loving this right now, and don't really expect to. It sounds like an amalgamation of The Killers' more recent crappier stuff and Brandon's solo stuff which is a bit hit and miss tbh. I'm sure no one else really cares but I reaaally want this album to be good. Sigh, maybe the rest will be better.

EDIT: Not really sure why I didn't post this in STYA. Maybe because I'm not really liking it all that much. Oh wellllll.

I think the actual music is excellent, would work well as an 80's power ballad (which is the point since they took the riff from Asia). But his voice doesn't suit it imo. It's very... Keane-esque (at least that's what immediately came to mind when I first heard it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

I've become addicted to Songpop on facebook recently, I'm currently 38:37 up against my sister. This is why I both love and hate summer.

I've become addicted to Songpop on facebook recently, I'm currently 38:37 up against my sister. This is why I both love and hate summer.

Do i want to know what songpop is?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I've heard of this... but I've no idea what is. I'm assuming it's the latest Draw Something or Words With Friends?

• Advertisement

Jhcx wrote: »
    Do i want to know what songpop is?

Do you want night after night of endless Songpopping until you can't take anymore but you can't bring yourself away from the laptop?!

Nah it's just a game where like a snippet of a song plays and you have to guess the song and you're up against someone else and whoever gets more songs correct/guesses the songs quicker wins.

Do you want night after night of endless Songpopping until you can't take anymore but you can't bring yourself away from the laptop?!

Nah it's just a game where like a snippet of a song plays and you have to guess the song and you're up against someone else and whoever gets more songs correct/guesses the songs quicker wins.

Well yes and no considering im spending most of my nights up now.. but sounds highly addictive :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

SO HAVE I!!!!!! The majority of my fb friends must think I'm some loser with all the notifications on the side telling them what song I've just guessed. Don't care, I'm class.

Slow Show wrote: »
    SO HAVE I!!!!!! The majority of my fb friends must think I'm some loser with all the notifications on the side telling them what song I've just guessed. Don't care, I'm class.

Account Settings>Apps>Songpop Edit>Edit Posts on your behalf and notifications and stuff> No one will ever know;)

Its amazing when you get someone in your life, that every second they are away is so lonely and feels like forever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Its amazing when you get someone in your life, that every second they are away is so lonely and feels like forever.

*Leaves to post in argh about a lack of such a person in her own life*

/foreveralone

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Togepi wrote: »

/foreveralone

I have my pillow.................

I have my pillow.................

I don't even have that.

*Cries*

I don't even have that.

*Cries*

What do you sleep on? O_o

What do you sleep on? O_o

My own tears...

*Runs from the room in floods of the above-mentioned tears*

Lolz, no, I have a pillow, a mattress and the lot. Madness. :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Lolz, no, I have a pillow, a mattress and the lot. Madness. :L

What sort of extravagance is this?! :pac:

/foreveralone

U not alone im right there beside you.. Cause im alone too.
    merely remembering my experiences till further events are placed to set the course of our lives. im now going to hang up my man suit and go to bed to cry in my dreams about this future i have visioned that does not seem to come . . . :(

U not alone im right there beside you.. Cause im alone too.
    merely remembering my experiences till further events are placed to set the course of our lives. im now going to hang up my man suit and go to bed to cry in my dreams about this future i have visioned that does not seem to come . . . :(

......I like turtles

......I like turtles

I like trains :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

That's not amazing. That's a sign of a big dependency issue. Nobody should want such a thing.

• Advertisement

Davidius wrote: »
    That's not amazing. That's a sign of a big dependency issue. Nobody should want such a thing.

-_- just comparing that as soon as there gone everything is ok. and you can just go back to everything normal.. just more so how the mind works in mysterious ways when circumstances change. yes it is a sign of dependency issues but doesn't everyone need someone one to keep them safe and wanted?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Really I think it's nice to feel that there's someone there that you want to share everything with and that you love them so much that you'll miss them when they're away from you,

yes it is a sign of dependency issues but doesn't everyone need someone one to keep them safe and wanted?
    No, not everybody needs that. For one most women won't keep you safe because they're rarely prepared for a fight. In fact they usually look for you to do the protecting. Maybe it's good to have somebody on hand to help in a fight but for that you're better off hiring body guards.
    Really I think it's nice to feel that there's someone there that you want to share everything with and that you love them so much that you'll miss them when they're away from you,
    It's a function of the level of loneliness and duration of time spent apart. The symptoms were described as 'so lonely' and a measure of time that maps a second to a forever. That's not nice, that's unhealthy. You become dependent on their presence for proper emotional functionality which is awful. Ideally you should be in your prime as often as possible. The best scenario is just enjoying their presence, not spending every second without them in a terrible state of loneliness and longing. Very easy to confuse the two.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The day that romance died. :P

No, not everybody needs that. For one most women won't keep you safe because they're rarely prepared for a fight. In fact they usually look for you to do the protecting. Maybe it's good to have somebody on hand to help in a fight but for that you're better off hiring body guards.

I ment mentally safe. course its our jobs as guys to keep them safe. But not every guy is mentally capable of dealing with something when s it hits the fan.

I ment mentally safe. course its our jobs as guys to keep them safe. But not every guy is mentally capable of dealing with something when s it hits the fan.
    It's not automatically our job to do anything. Now I realise that if I'm to overturn these crazy societal gender norms I'd better refuse to defend my hypothetical girlfriend from muggers as a matter of principle.

It's not automatically our job to do anything. Now I realise that if I'm to overturn these crazy societal gender norms I'd better refuse to defend my hypothetical girlfriend from muggers as a matter of principle.

We its believed its our job. although im far from it but give me a weapon of sorts and i'll have no problem defending girlfriend or a male friend.

We its believed its our job. although im far from it but give me a weapon of sorts and i'll have no problem defending girlfriend or a male friend.
    A real man uses his fists. Weapons are for weaklings and for when nobody's watching.

A real man uses his fists. Weapons are for weaklings and for when nobody's watching.

well seems time and space didn't want me to be a real man so i only got one fist with enough power to crack a skull. but its never been used that way so i cam to ireland where they were believed to be the 8th most peaceful country in the world as of 2012:pac:

• Advertisement

All the romance in the air in here sickens me. :(

Take it to the lovey dovey thread! :pac:

Advertisement