Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

I'd love to get into bicycle touring sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

flyswatter wrote: »
    #sluttalk
    I thought you wrote #slutwalk for a second, I was about to compliment your progressiveness :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Davidius wrote: »
    I have created the relevant channel on quakenet, join friends so that we may talk about the merits of various women's personalities.
    *** Palytoxin has joined #sluttalk
    *** Palytoxin has quit IRC [Quit: Page closed]

I knew somebody would check, just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Davidius wrote: »
    *** Palytoxin has joined #sluttalk
    *** Palytoxin has quit IRC [Quit: Page closed]

I knew somebody would check, just to be sure.

Aha, you caught me :P, I was wondering just how far you wanted to take the discussion on promiscuous females, as I would have happily partaken in that discussion! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Lawliet wrote: »
    I thought you wrote #slutwalk for a second, I was about to compliment your progressiveness :pac:

Is that the walk sluts do after indulging in sluttish activities?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Is that the walk sluts do after indulging in sluttish activities?

Wasn't Slut Walk the thing girls were doing last year where they dress up like sluts and march around the place? Sort of like the Gay Pride parades?

Or did I just dream this....

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Wasn't Slut Walk the thing girls were doing last year where they dress up like sluts and march around the place? Sort of like the Gay Pride parades?

Unlikely, as you used to live with a slut.

God, hasn't this thread turned misogynistic all of a sudden? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Being a slut is mad craic.

jokes. Don't kill me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Ya, it was after some policeman in America pretty much said that women were at fault for being raped because they were "dressing like sluts", so they started protesting against the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I thought it was a stupid idea but then I realized some people genuinely think that a girls outfit can mitigate sexual assault. Anything that counters this attitude is a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I thought it was a stupid idea but then I realized some people genuinely think that a girls outfit can mitigate sexual assault. Anything that counters this attitude is a good thing.

Yeah I think it's ridiculous to be fair I have worn so skimpy outfits on nights out but the idea that some guy would think I'm asking for it drives me nuts.it really does get my goat and I've heard lads say girls were asking for it when they're too drunk or have their tits out etc.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yeah I think it's ridiculous to be fair I have worn so skimpy outfits on nights out but the idea that some guy would think I'm asking for it drives me nuts.it really does get my goat and I've heard lads say girls were asking for it when they're too drunk or have their tits out etc.

My gender are idiots sometimes. :\

In fairness I've heard women say it as well. How anybody could hold that attitude is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I remember reading an article in a well-known newspaper a few years ago by some woman stating that women who dressed in tight, skimpy outfits etc. were ‘asking for it’ and the ‘poor men’ couldn’t be blamed for not being able to help themselves. I swear, she wasn’t being sarcastic or anything, this was definitely legit. The fact that I still remember it today shows how angry it made me, I actually remember googling her name to try find a place to complain about her. Didn’t find anything, I guess her...ehh...hard-hitting journalism hasn’t hit such a wide audience after all. Still though, how anyone but an absolute pig can be blamed for rape...grrrrr. :mad:

I just have a lot of feelings...

Do you recall her name now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

My sleeping pattern's way out of sync so I've decided to stay up through the night so that tomorrow I'll be tired and fall asleep at a reasonable hour. I tried this last week and fell asleep at 11 am which messed up my sleeping pattern even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I actually don't remember anything but that it started with a J and the newspaper involved could be said to be closely linked to astronomy. She might still write for it today, I can't find any mention of columnists online though.

wnolan, you sure that girl wasn't just a prostitute? The original profession is gaining popularity again with the recession and all.

wnolan, you sure that girl wasn't just a prostitute? The original profession is gaining popularity again with the recession and all.

Nothing would surprise me about that girl to be honest.

If she was/is though, she paid for her college fees ten times over in the 5 months she spent here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Slow Show wrote: »
    I actually don't remember anything but that it started with a J and the newspaper involved could be said to be closely linked to astronomy.

:pac:

Were there any slutwalks in Ireland? Or was it just too cold and wet, like it always is for everything :(

• Advertisement

There was one in NUIG last October. The weather was unusually ****e even for that time of year and the clothing I saw wasn't very slutty, unless you have a raincoat fetish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Went to see big Generator i'd say one of my first live performances actually going to see, planned in a pub and im so f**king glad i went they were amazing. im sure i'll be hoarse tomoro. but it was worth it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

There was one in NUIG last October. The weather was unusually ****e even for that time of year and the clothing I saw wasn't very slutty, unless you have a raincoat fetish.
    It wasn't really about dressing like a 'slut' even in the hotter countries, some women choice to wear normal clothes, to show that it doesn't matter what you wear, like this girl:
    tumblr_lsgu401pdX1qc0hba.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Hello! I don't really post in C&H that often but I'm a constant lurker, I think this is actually my first time posting in the C&H OT thread... so... BE MY FRIEND!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Hello! I don't really post in C&H that often but I'm a constant lurker, I think this is actually my first time posting in the C&H OT thread... so... BE MY FRIEND!!!

No, go away...
    Oh wait, I'm a lurker too:eek:

*Retreats back into the shadows*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

The last two posters are freaks, I'd ignore them if I were ye... :P

Actually they're mad craic, lure them in so they'll post here more. :D

Nothing would surprise me about that girl to be honest.

If she was/is though, she paid for her college fees ten times over in the 5 months she spent here.

Skills to pay the bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I've been playing Minesweeper for hours. I forgot how much I loved this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

I really thought this was a forum dedicated to giving advice on how to clear up your skin. I feel so stupid. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Togepi wrote: »
    The last two posters are freaks, I'd ignore them if I were ye... :P

Actually they're mad craic, lure them in so they'll post here more. :D
    Hoho, how flattering! I wish I had the motivation to find that "stop...continue" emoticon that someone posted the other day, it made me el oh el and I think it'd be appropriate!
    I really thought this was a forum dedicated to giving advice on how to clear up your skin. I feel so stupid. :o

Lol you really must familiarise yourself more with 'hygiene products', I assume you thought you'd find some stuff about them in a forum for bad skin. "I totez tawt dose tampons wer tampons lol"

Advertisement