Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Couldn't get much worse in fairness. :P

Didn't they only survive relegation two years ago when Cork City went tits up? And last year when Derry City went tits up? (too lazy to check, but I'm pretty sure they were bottom of the league both years)

EDIT: Just checked Wikipedia, and it says Derry were expelled in 2009? Damn I feel so old. :(

Not really. They are third in the Top division which is a lot better than they were doing.

The club nearly went extinct I believe, used to be a rich one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Are the subscriber stars orange or red?

This must be what colourblindness is...
    Orange...? :o
    Salmon

According to boards we were all wrong...

http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/ranks/red_star_4.gif

I would bold the "red" part of the url, but then it wouldn't work as a url.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

:P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Colm! wrote: »
    :P

How... Did you do something like this: thepage, cos that's far too much effort. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

According to boards we were all wrong...

m0eVT.png

It's salmon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Judging by the last post it's pale red. Why would you bother with red if it's going to be pale - defeats the purpose of the colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

If thats red i must be Jesus :pac: cause that aint red..

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Saw the new Spiderman tonight, thought it was meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I can't decide if I prefer the new spiderman movie or the old spiderman I love the spiderman movies.

I can't decide if I prefer the new spiderman movie or the old spiderman I love the spiderman movies.

I'm not much into movies but according to my friend this Spiderman was pretty much the same as the first one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I quite liked Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker,he awkward and cringey quite well.

Emma Stone is a babe so anything she's in gets a thumbs up from me.

I'm not much into movies but according to my friend this Spiderman was pretty much the same as the first one.

I couldn't remember the first one. I remembered certain parts. I was told the new one is more like the comics. It was weird watching a new spiderman.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I loved the new one. Spiderman was more like he should be, Parker was more like he should be.
    Origin stories are always gonna be similar and a few things were glossed over but in general it was a huge improvement.
    A lot of people have said its the same as the 1st but outside the bite and his uncle dying (which were both a bit different) there was a massive amount of difference in the films

I found it quite sad when the uncle died I really felt for Parker :(.

I preferred the new Spiderman rather than the first batch, alot more HD and realistic i felt just the costume and the glasses just to such high quality. Friends weren't gone on the spider web thingy's but i actually liked them. i know twas the same as the first one in many ways but like starting all over again is not too bad and Andrew plays Spiderman great Imo.

Emma Stone is a babe so anything she's in gets a thumbs up from me.

Couldn't agree more:pac:

Also, spent all night trying to figure out where I knew Uncle Ben's voice from, turns out he's the real Seymour Skinner in The Simpsons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I think it was quite different from the first one, and I think I enjoyed it more. Or maybe I've just forgotten what the first was like...

And Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield are going out in real life, apparently. They're gonna have some REALLY cute babies!

They do have great chemistry on screen more than Kirsten and Tobey. I think they look really good together :).
    I loved the effects in this Spiderman it seemed very realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Looking back on the first set of spiderman films, they were actually really bad. Tobey McGuire was so miscast, and both spiderman and MJ act nothing like they did in the comics

I found it quite sad when the uncle died I really felt for Parker :(.

Thanks for the spoiler. :mad::mad::mad:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Lawliet wrote: »
    Looking back on the first set of spiderman films, they were actually really bad. Tobey McGuire was so miscast, and both spiderman and MJ act nothing like they did in the comics

They were early days for comic book movies. Blade & X-Men were really the only ones before it so they were still learning how to adapt them after the Batman & Superman franchises went silly. 2 is still actually pretty good but both peter & spider-man were emos in them all (especially 3 -_-)

Thanks for the spoiler. :mad::mad::mad:

:pac:

oh sorry I forgot it wasn't in the other movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

They were early days for comic book movies. Blade & X-Men were really the only ones before it so they were still learning how to adapt them after the Batman & Superman franchises went silly. 2 is still actually pretty good but both peter & spider-man were emos in them all (especially 3 -_-)
    Yeah it's just funny because at the time most people thought they were really good (well except three) but they just haven't aged well at all

oh sorry I forgot it wasn't in the other movie.

Ah don't worry about it. At least you didn't reveal the big plot twist.
    Peter Parker gets bitten by a spider and becomes Spiderman.

Double post but...

Wooot! The Android console is going ahead. :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console

Anyone else excited for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

"Don't use spoilers," they said.

"It'll be grand," they said.

(I'm not even joking, I've honestly never seen a Spiderman movie in full...)

/Hides

Togepi wrote: »

/Hides

I think I've seen one... I didn't care for it.

/joinsHidingSpot

Togepi wrote: »

/Hides
    I think I've seen one... I didn't care for it.

/joinsHidingSpot

Hmmm... I suggest you get to your nearest VHS DVD, Xtra vison store right this minute... or alternatively a streaming site ha ha im sure nexflix does them... and watch. which reminds me i still have to watch the end of lord of the rings 2 tooooo infinitey and beyond to the streaming site..... now i feel like watching toy story...:rolleyes:
    Goes a little something like this The Bill> H&A>Le Tour>LOTR's> Toy Story.. i should get cracking so..

Jhcx wrote: »
    Hmmm... I suggest you get to your nearest VHS DVD, Xtra vison store right this minute... or alternatively a streaming site ha ha im sure nexflix does them... and watch. which reminds me i still have to watch the end of lord of the rings 2 tooooo infinitey and beyond to the streaming site..... now i feel like watching toy story...:rolleyes:
    Goes a little something like this The Bill> H&A>Le Tour>LOTR's> Toy Story.. i should get cracking so..

Probably not a good time to mention I've seen a total of 10minutes of LOTR? And about 20mins of Star Wars... :cool::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yeah just saw the new Spiderman, way better than the old ones! +100 for Emma Stone

tumblr_m5kt5jOdE01ry92t0o1_500.jpg

Advertisement