Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New EPG coming to Sky+HD - Beta about to launch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

Did anybody try the force update and now find they can't view anything they had recorded on their box. Having this problem now, anyone got any suggestions please.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Mac128

ITV 1 HD has appeared back on 10.936 V 22000 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Got it tonight through forced update it's ok prefer the old one any idea how long before we get the on demand service

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

We got the new EPG last week, not sure if I like the look, but I do like that we have subtitles and now and next on Other Channels channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,693 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Woke up to it this morning. First impressions are that I like the look of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 tomjohn01

I presume the card trick does not work now with the new epg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

tomjohn01 wrote: »
    I presume the card trick does not work now with the new epg?
    It seems to only work with NI FTV card there are a few threads on the go

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056690422

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056353483&page=59

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

I have itv hd on my other channels through the frequency 10.832 H 22.0 5/6 but cant get it on to my fav's,have itv 1 on my fav's so its ok

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

manutd83 wrote: »
    I have itv hd on my other channels through the frequency 10.832 H 22.0 5/6 but cant get it on to my fav's,have itv 1 on my fav's so its ok

It's probably a different region of itv1hd than your card

I have a tyne tees card,any idea what the frequency is for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have a tyne tees card,any idea what the frequency is for this
    The frequencies for ITV Tyne Tees "North" are 10891 H 22000 5/6

Thanks for that but it was for the hd version i was looking for,if there is 1

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks for that but it was for the hd version i was looking for,if there is 1
    London, Granada and Meridian are the only ITV regions on HD that Im aware of. Someone else may know if there has been any recent additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

@ Muffler
    STV HD is also FTA 10936 V 23000 (ID 3855)

@ manutd83
    Try ITV1 HD on 10832 H 22000 (London I think)

Thats the frequency i was using that didnt work but thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

This listing is the best place for freq and polarisation changes to any channel :D

http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A-and-Astra-1N-2A-2B.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

This listing is the best place for freq and polarisation changes to any channel :D

http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A-and-Astra-1N-2A-2B.html

Personally I prefer KingOfSat as recent changes are highlighted in red making them easier to spot. It's also easy to search for specific channel names.
    http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Tried to do the forced update on my Pace HD box, no joy, nothing at all happens when I hold the backup button while powering up the box. Any ideas??

Mugser wrote: »
    Tried to do the forced update on my Pace HD box, no joy, nothing at all happens when I hold the backup button while powering up the box. Any ideas??

hmmm - i cant remember how exactly you do a forced update off hand but just to note that the new epg might not be available on pace boxes as of yet

Some news from the sky beta forum:

As the new EPG is now on the download stream, for DRS890 & DRX895, you will no longer be able to downgrade to the Darwin EPG!

• Advertisement

Mugser wrote: »

It's only available for Amstrad DRX890/895 boxes for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

Some news from the sky beta forum:

As the new EPG is now on the download stream, for DRS890 & DRX895, you will no longer be able to downgrade to the Darwin EPG!
    What does this mean?

energy1942 wrote: »
    What does this mean?

It means that you can no longer downgrade back to the old EPG by doing a forced download.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Woodie40

Karsini wrote: »
    It means that you can no longer downgrade back to the old EPG by doing a forced download.

Since getting the new epg I keep getting no satelite signal being received, but once I reboot the box the box comes back on, but goes again a couple of hours later, also the epg is not giving listings for the seven days, just for a couple of hours?

Woodie40 wrote: »
    Since getting the new epg I keep getting no satelite signal being received, but once I reboot the box the box comes back on, but goes again a couple of hours later, also the epg is not giving listings for the seven days, just for a couple of hours?

Rebooted the box and seems ok now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭boccy23

Woodie40 wrote: »
    Rebooted the box and seems ok now

Hating this new EPG. Since the upgrade yesterday whenever I try and play back any recorded programmes I get a blue screen of death on my TV and I have to reboot. Tried deleting older stored programmes and only played back the newly recorded one from last night. Worked first time. So I thought, Great Sorted. But the next time, same thing happens.

Can I roll back to the older EPG?:mad:

boccy23 wrote: »
    Hating this new EPG. Since the upgrade yesterday whenever I try and play back any recorded programmes I get a blue screen of death on my TV and I have to reboot. Tried deleting older stored programmes and only played back the newly recorded one from last night. Worked first time. So I thought, Great Sorted. But the next time, same thing happens.

Can I roll back to the older EPG?:mad:

No as the Picasso EPG is now on the download stream. You could try doing the forced update on the box as this resolved the issues I had yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭rogue.goofball

Having similar problems to "boccy23" today. Had to turn the machine off a few times to totally cooldown, before it would work. How do I tell if I have the 49.20 version - mine was updated the other day automatically. I didnt even know there was a new epg coming tbh. Only since the problems did I look on here. settings only gives me basic info about the box, not the software afaik.

energy1942 wrote: »
    What does this mean?

Just for a bit of extra info - Picasso and Darwin are the operation systems in which the epg is built and installed onto. Picasso based EPG is replacing Darwin - If memory serves they are both Linux versions adapted for the sky STB

• Advertisement

We are on 49.21 at the moment - here is a bit of info on why 49.20 was pulled so quickly btw
    Hi all,

We would like to inform you that we will be switching software version 49.21 to your set top boxes in the early hours of Thursday morning. 49.21 is identical to 49.20 with one additional bugfix to resolve the issue with recording subscription services which was reported by Ozsat. Aside from that fix, there is no change at all in the software, though we continue to welcome any feedback you have.

We are also progressing to large scale rollout of the enhanced guide, initially using version 49.20 which will be released to a group of customers in the early hours of tomorrow morning. We expect to then progress to use 49.21 during the remainder of the rollout to deliver this final bugfix to all customers. Those who receive 49.20 initially will be updated to 49.21 before the end of the rollout.

In terms of fixing issues, our focus is now moving to the next software release, and we will be in touch soon to discuss an early release of that to the forum group.

Thanks,
    Sky Guide Development Team

Advertisement